Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 8:06 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Haven't you created multiple threads almost exactly like this one? I don't get why people are allowed to spam the same topics over and over. :?

Yes, and every other thread I create you follow me to say something negative about me. Can I share with you how to say some nice things instead? Watch your life change when you do! You have so much potential for doing good! For being a blessing! For making others smile!
Life may not bring you a fair deal, but if you turn the hearts of others to good, then life opens up her rewards to you in ways that you cannot comprehend.

Here are the rules regarding spamming:

Spamming
--------------------
* Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.
* Cross posting is prohibited
* Please do not create pointless threads. These will be locked or deleted.
* Do not post just to post. Your post count can be reset if administrators feel you're doing this.
* Your posts may be deleted if they break any of the above rules about spamming.

In the future, you could bump threads you’ve already made about a given topic if you feel like there was more to say or if your needs or concerns weren’t sufficiently addressed.

(HeroOfHyrule does do good and does make people smile despite the fact that you haven't liked specific comments he's made.)

Glad this is the case. :)

I have reserected old threads I have been told off for doing so.

Contradictive site rules.. rules say one thing but moderators do another. Maybe need to be re-written to reflect moderation preferences.

TwilightPrincess. Have you re-read what I put in the right context yet as you have missed the angle of approach I wrote it in. I was writing from the angle of Mr Grahams beliefs and faith. I am defending him as he is not here to defend himself.
I do let my mind wonder and don't keep to the point. I am not against you directly. Of course not! I may not always like some of the things you write but is it compulsary? Just like you do not like what I write as I am not good at explaining things.

I do agree (If you read that part) in that all statues should be removed as it is idolotry and no doubt Mr Graham would have agreed with us on that had he been here!

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 19 Jul 2022, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 8:09 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Haven't you created multiple threads almost exactly like this one? I don't get why people are allowed to spam the same topics over and over. :?

Yes, and every other thread I create you follow me to say something negative about me. Can I share with you how to say some nice things instead? Watch your life change when you do! You have so much potential for doing good! For being a blessing! For making others smile!
Life may not bring you a fair deal, but if you turn the hearts of others to good, then life opens up her rewards to you in ways that you cannot comprehend.

Constantly saying everyone on the site is "brainwashed" is pretty negative towards everyone else on the site. Maybe you should take your own advice and start saying nice things about the other users here instead, and maybe I won't feel inclined to call out your BS comments.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 8:17 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

TwilightPrincess. Have you re-read what I put in the right context yet as you have missed the angle of approach I wrote it in. I was writing from the angle of Mr Grahams beliefs and faith. I am defending him as he is not here to defend himself.

I’ll say it again in case you missed it: I was not attacking Billy’s beliefs or person. I stated that it is not appropriate to have a statue of a purely religious figure in the Capitol Building because, in my opinion, it does not reflect the supposed American ideal of separation of church and state.

At no point, did I say Billy’s beliefs were stupid. I only addressed the problematic ones which involve homophobia.

Even if a person does attack Billy’s beliefs, it’s not appropriate to say in return that that individual will go to Hell for disbelief.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 19 Jul 2022, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jul 2022, 8:41 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Contradictive site rules.. rules say one thing but moderators do another. Maybe need to be re-written to reflect moderation preferences.
I would agree but I really think Alex needs to become more involved here & consider updating his rules & then get the mods to enforce his rules.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 10:54 pm

Look at how different I am from everyone else here. I feel the same way about myself in many ways. I'm very different from most of the people here on WP. I still take part in discussions and I find WP very hard to stay away from.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 2:28 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I think I am unique. Maybe there is no one like me at all? This is not being negative or boasting. Is just how it is.

This site, to fit in one needs to be like everyone else and to think like others on this site and I don't. I am not an atheist who is into science in a big way. I am not gay or bisexual. I am not influenced by everything the media says. I seem to be on the recieving end of bad feelings against me for just being me. I am not a normal average person but neither am I one that fits in here. If I set up a site for people like me I would be on my own.

So this means I am neither allistic or autistic and definately not anywhere in the middle either... I don't know what I am.

This is not self pity. This is puzzlement. Where do I fit in?

Maybe there needs to be a "Mountain Goat" catagory... :D
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but I tend to agree with you if not fully. You are definitely not one of the members of the dominating group of WP who seem to have connected with each other. Or do you mean something else?

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
This is the first one I see of this topic from him. Maybe in some of the many sections that I never visit?

CockneyRebel wrote:
Look at how different I am from everyone else here. I feel the same way about myself in many ways. I'm very different from most of the people here on WP. I still take part in discussions and I find WP very hard to stay away from.
Yeah, I know what you mean but I still sense you are loved by many people here.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 4:03 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Here are the rules regarding spamming:

Spamming
--------------------
* Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.
* Cross posting is prohibited
* Please do not create pointless threads. These will be locked or deleted.
* Do not post just to post. Your post count can be reset if administrators feel you're doing this.
* Your posts may be deleted if they break any of the above rules about spamming.

In the future, you could bump threads you’ve already made about a given topic if you feel like there is more to say or if your needs or concerns weren’t sufficiently addressed.

(HeroOfHyrule does do good and does make people smile despite the fact that you haven't liked specific comments he's made.)

I wish the mods would reset my post count to zero.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 4:47 am

That would be like setting the odometer in a car to zero :)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

20 Jul 2022, 9:01 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Some surprisingly personal and snippy responses here; I expected better.

Sniping publically about another member's posts and the rules they're supposed to have broken isn't really acceptable - and that's why each post has a "Report" button so complaints can be made in confidence.

I suggest that if any of you believe a rule has been broken by any member or there's just something about a post you just don't like, tell us.

Moderators are not omnipresent; we also have lives off WP.
Instead of complaining on a thread about an uneven application of the rules, help us to see where that occurs through reports or PMs.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:47 pm

(HINT)
Would seem this site prefers supportive threads . Constructive critiques , might be more applicable , when one exercises their inner critic.
Ie. Why do you feel that way?
What causes you to feel that way .?

Being mean in a thread , will not get you any high marks , might think.
Alienation of other Aspies on the site just does not feel good . :|

where ever you go ,there you are

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 7:15 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

Not only do you have similar feeling to MG ... you seem to have a lot in common with MG (in beliefs, other things). And here you are giving him support- because you relate to him. That despite the fact that you are ... one of those LBGT folks that he claims to not be able to relate to.

Not accusing MG of being bigoted or anything. Just observing that one of the reasons that he feels that he does NOT fit in on WP is because he is NOT LBGTQ, when (a) most of the folks on here also not LBGTQ either, and (b) individuals who are LBGTQs and non can find common ground to relate to each other (on this site and elsewhere).

Last edited by Cornflake on 21 Jul 2022, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.: Redacted a problematic phrase

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 7:35 pm

We are all unique in our own ways. I can do a headstand and wiggle my ears (even at the same time).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 10:54 pm

I’m envious! :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 10:59 pm

We're all in a group on our own, but we all come together on WP.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 11:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m envious! :P

You should be. It comes in handy all the time.