Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2022, 10:38 am

The smell is so strong. I don't like being near one.

Pull it out, pull it out!

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 10:41 am

I hear ya.
Thanks to some of the quirky was my body operates those kinds of things have sometimes landed me in the ER being treated with asthma drugs and I do not have asthma.
It is not an allergy.
Some of the chemical compounds employed are pretty much poison to my defective body.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 10:57 am

Not keen on artificial smells like that. I hated walking past the perfume counter in Debenhams - it smelled like a public toilet.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 12:08 pm

Just their existence bothers me. I see them plugged into the walls, no one can bothered to buy the refills so they are just pointless.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 1:34 pm

I haven't even seen one of those things in years, I'm surprised they still make them.

You'd think people would rather use their electrical outlets for appliances and devices rather then use an air freshener you plug into the wall.

I really couldn't care about them one way or the other, but people who use a lot of air fresheners are probably trying in vain to cover up the stink of the garbage dump of a house they're living in.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 2:17 pm

Only when one starts to smell of BURNING.

I remember when my boyfriend's sister came to live with us for a little while, and like most of my boyfriend's family she's a compulsive smoker. So, not wanting to have to go outside in the cold whenever she needed to smoke, she stuck a load of those glade plugin things around the apartment to mask the cigarette smell - including one behind the couch. That was the stupidest thing to do because it was hidden behind the couch and got forgotten about, and the apartment nearly burnt down because it had run out of perfume but was still plugged in and it started getting very hot. I came into the living-room one day and the smell of hotness hit me and I tracked it down to the glade plugin behind the couch.

So I'll never buy those because I know I'll just forget about it even if it's in a visible plug socket. My nose tends to get used to smells and due to ADHD I'll either forget about it or turn it on and keep staring at it for a few minutes then turn it back off. I think they should really be made where when the perfume runs out it should have a safety fuse in it so that it doesn't take up any more power and won't blow up.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 2:19 pm

We have a mens toilet for customers, it's literally the worst toilet in the world I HATE cleaning the disgusting thing, glade plugin doesn't even do it justice I have to really go to town on dousing the whole room in ridiculous amounts of bleach and disinfectants. The glade plugin is a blessing to that toilet to be honest, the other option is nose death.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 2:41 pm

If the manufacturer would provide cartridges filled with oxytocin (the "Friendship" hormone), I would buy several.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 2:57 pm

I can't do any chemical fragrances.
I get migraines with aura, and sometimes vomit.
This can last for days after one exposure.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 8:59 pm

They stink, maybe NTs enjoy the stench.
I don’t.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2022, 4:29 am

I don't recall being around one.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 2:34 pm

I once bought these kind of mentholated versions of a Glade Plugins that were supposed to help you breathe easier at night when you have a cold. It basically just smelled like Vaporub and the effectiveness was questionable at best.