Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 6:34 pm

My cat been clawing my sheets at night when I go to bed, she can bite me too, I keep a spray bottle on my nightstand, I cannot have her bite me alot, I have enough body pain already. Does anybody else cat claw their sheets? She has a scratching post in my bedroom.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 9:50 am

Does she knead the sheets when clawing them? I know cats do this when they're very relaxed and happy, apparently they're reliving to back they did this to their mother as kittens to stimulate her milk flow. The bed probably reminds them of their mom because they're soft and warm.

She might be biting because she is being playful and interacting the way she would have with other kittens. I don't really know a solution other than just not letting her in your room at night.

Regulan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2022, 1:12 pm

I´ve had an amount of cats in my life and each new cat is a new mistery. I have a cat that is traumatized. Her older owner died and she had nowhere to go and she was separated from her mother before an acceptable time.
By now she is an old lady but still licks my pillows or wants to suck the shirts (usually mine, sometimes of people who like cats). She does that like a baby cat and I feel can´t just remove her because it´s like stimming. Well this does not happen very often.
At night the cat will come and she licks my blanket. I usually open the door for her to go to the garden or give her just a bit of wathever she likes to eat and I go back to bed. It usually solves the problem.
It´s hard to help because I don´t know how old your cat is, if she misses you a lot, and so on.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 11:21 pm

Regulan wrote:
I´ve had an amount of cats in my life and each new cat is a new mistery. I have a cat that is traumatized. Her older owner died and she had nowhere to go and she was separated from her mother before an acceptable time.
By now she is an old lady but still licks my pillows or wants to suck the shirts (usually mine, sometimes of people who like cats). She does that like a baby cat and I feel can´t just remove her because it´s like stimming. Well this does not happen very often.
At night the cat will come and she licks my blanket. I usually open the door for her to go to the garden or give her just a bit of wathever she likes to eat and I go back to bed. It usually solves the problem.
It´s hard to help because I don´t know how old your cat is, if she misses you a lot, and so on.

My cat is 8 years old. She is with me all day, I don’t go out, it’s too painful walk.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 11:43 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Does she knead the sheets when clawing them?

I don’t know if she is kneading, it too dark to see & im usually sleeping when she does it or she do it to bug me. I wish I can trim her nails.

Quote:
She might be biting because she is being playful and interacting the way she would have with other kittens. I don't really know a solution other than just not letting her in your room at night.

She can bite me hard, I can bleed. Before she bites, she makes this noise like evil meow,her tail going & down, she like a different cat. She does this every night. If I close my door & she not allow in, she wil get mad cuz she wants access to everywhere, she will meow & scratch my door.

Regulan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Nov 2022, 4:29 pm

Hi, I´m sorry I am maybe late to answer.

Please, don´t cut her nails. Cats are very sensitive creatures. An 8 year old cat shoud be more quiet. My actual cat is 12 years old by now and she almost just sleeps. I close the door of my room to sleep but I know that any time she will try to come in, so I just wake up and open the door at night and she sleeps by me many hours. Often she will wake me up early in the morning, and most of the time (this happened with all other cats I´ve had) it´s because I must wake up for the day and the cat is hungry by 6 a.m.

Maybe you have a more sentitite cat that needs more time with you or the poor cat senses that you are not feeling well and she tries to push you or make sure that you will be there for her.

Cats are very loving and they care for us people. They have their own way to behave that seems very confusing very often, but it seems to me that maybe your cat is anxious about your health and don´t know how to cope with it, how to behave?

I apologize if I wasn´t right with something.

Wishing you and your cat well,

The Lion

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 4:48 pm

Cats are nocturnal, and we are day animals. So its a bit of a mismatch that both species have to adjust to.

I forget what the product was actually called, but we called it "the wand". A plastic stick a long piece of sturdy tie dyed cloth streaming from one end. It was a great toy. The kitty would pounce on the cloth like it was prey in the jungle-with tooth and claw- while we would wave it, and then pull on it...like a fisherman trying to wheel in a marlin. In a kind of tug of war. Great way to interact with a cat ...without getting yourself punctured by claw and tooth. After a short burst of violent energy the cat just...flops over and falls asleep!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 5:01 pm

I'm surprised you don't cut your cat's nails.
I have three cats and have to do them all every few weeks.

You can buy pheromone spray that might keep her off your bedding.

One of my cats sleeps with me at night.
She curls herself up on my pillow and kneads my hair. :D

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 2:06 am

Regulan wrote:

Please, don´t cut her nails.

Why? Trimming them are ok.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 2:14 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm surprised you don't cut your cat's nails.
I have three cats and have to do them all every few weeks.

You can buy pheromone spray that might keep her off your bedding.

One of my cats sleeps with me at night.
She curls herself up on my pillow and kneads my hair. :D

What is pheromone spray? I love it when my cat is on my bed, she snuggles with me, but I hate the clawing of my sheets, i have sensory issues.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 5:17 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Regulan wrote:

Please, don´t cut her nails.

Why? Trimming them are ok.

Because they need their claws - for self-defense, and to climb trees.