Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 12:08 pm

no, but i have thought about it for several years.. but still no diary

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 12:48 pm

Irulan wrote:
Like in the title. Do you have a diary? Do you like writing down your thoughts on the sheets of paper? Or maybe you're keeping abreast of the times and your diary has a form of a blog? I started writing many times (and also I started keeping a blog several times) but every time I felt bored with it after some time and I resigned. But I am going to start writing again. What about you?

I keep dream diaries. I have 11 of them with all my dreams in notebooks. I started keeping dream diaries in April of 1974. But several years ago I started keeping my dream diaries on CD's and flash drives and continue to record any dreams that I have a high recall.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 12:53 pm

I have kept a diary continuously from I was about 11 (wrote a little before that time, but not much). I have never bothered to write daily, I see no point, I just write down things that have been important to me, and dreams I've had that were interesting in some way.
It's color coded: Real events are written in blue, dreams in red.

How do you people start an entry? I always do it like this:

Quote:
Thursday 14/3:
followed by the time if that's relevant. I never start with "dear diary", that just seems so weird to me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 1:00 pm

I keep a diary. I have filled about 6 since 2008 when I began to write in diaries. But I don´t write something everyday. I like it to write my thoughts down because I have more structure in them later and I think it is interesting to read older thoughts later when a lot time has passed.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 5:24 pm

How do you people start an entry? I always do it like this:
Quote:
Thursday 14/3:
followed by the time if that's relevant. I never start with "dear diary", that just seems so weird to me.

Well, if I wrote in it today, I'd start it with: 14 marca 2013, czwartek - 14 March 2013, Thursday. "Dear diary" is a weird and childish way of starting an entry. You just start to describe what happened to you this day. I have a lot of entries written on loose sheets, which I have to copy into my diary - it's a VERY original one, a handmade one, with its covers made of red leather with a demonic face on it - I won it in a contest, it costs a lot but I got it for free. My model of perfect diary is the one L. M. Montgomery kept.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:55 pm

Maybe ever since that time, some other person started to keep one? :)

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

29 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm

I had a livejournal from 2004-11, but it fell into disuse and I shut it down.

Aside from that, not really.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Marylandman889
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm

Yes, I have had many journals. I keep one today. I had my journal raided before in the past, and that made me angry. So, I'm usually more careful when keeping a journal.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 5:35 pm

Well, I've got a diary but I've never used it. I've recently bought a safe for my room so perhaps I might start using one since I now have a safe place to put things I wouldn't want to be perused by others.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:30 am

Nope. I'll keep my crazy thoughts to myself - less trouble that way. :lol:

Irulan84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2018, 9:55 am

Maybe ever since that time, some other person started to keep one? :twisted: :P

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 10:04 pm

A friend gave me a journal. I need to start writing it in again.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 11:20 pm

I've kept a daily diary a few times for a short while, but usually as a way to monitor myself when I'm taking medication or having counselling etc., so really only impressions of my mood, without much detail of events. If I tried to do it every single day as a matter of routine, most days would just say; "same again".

I have always kept a lot of scribblings and jottings though; they're a pretty random collection, but they do span my life - letters from friends, notebooks with my draft replies, school magazine articles, drafts of song lyrics, flyers from gigs I went to, notes to take to therapy sessions etc. I have found many of them fascinating to read again since my autism diagnosis; the growing awareness that I was different to other people is very apparent, and I was more accurate in my insights into the working of my own mind than I ever gave myself credit for at the time. Some of the more personal song lyrics from my early twenties perfectly sum up "help, I'm an overwhelmed autistic person having a burn-out!".

One of my therapy prep' notes in particular made my jaw drop; it was from my first course of CBT, when I was in my mid 20s; over two decades before an autism assessment was suggested. At that time, I knew almost nothing about autism, nor had any inclination to find out, and would have laughed at anyone who suggested that I was autistic, despite how badly I was struggling. Yet, you could almost tick off one-by-one all of the autism diagnostic criteria, and a whole load of other autistic traits and experiences that I only learned about since joining WP and other online communities. It describes most of my social problems, poor executive functioning, sensory sensitivities, and my inability to judge how any of these compared to the people around me.

I does make me wish that I'd made an effort to write more down. I'm certainly glad that I have hung on to the stuff that I have, even if some of it does make me cringe with embarrassment!

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 5:42 am

Two weeks ago there was the first anniversary of my keeping a diary and I'm going to keep it until the day I die - like some other famous diarists did, like Robert Shields, for example, for many, many years - but, of course, I'm not going to write down EVERYTHING like he did - this poor guy was spending about four hours every day, describing what he was doing - EVERYTHING. :roll: 8O

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2019, 11:46 am

I used to journal on almost a daily basis, sometimes writing for hours at a time, but for some reason, a year or so ago, I stopped. I wonder if it might be beneficial for me to start again. It used to be all that kept me sane.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 11:48 am

When I'm already done with this journal, when its sheets are already filled up, I'm going to order another one - this time a Paperblanks one - for the points I gathered on my paid survey website account :)

It will be one of those:
https://www.empik.com/notes-arabic-arti ... iernicze-p
https://www.empik.com/notes-flexis-lind ... iernicze-p
https://www.empik.com/notes-flexis-tesl ... iernicze-p