Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 3:12 pm

Do hot coffee wake you up or can it be ice coffee? Is it the beans in the coffee that wake you up? I’m still sleepy, I’m mentally & physically tired. This heat is killing me, it’s hurting my Psoriasis soooo much, the heat making me have low to no energy.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 5:07 pm

yeah cold coffee still wakes you up just as much

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:07 pm

As long as the coffee has caffeine in it, it should wake you up whether hot or cold, unless you are one of those people that are not affected by caffeine.

When the weather is very hot, it's not surprising that you still feel tired from the heat even after having coffee. Probably you'd better have water and rest.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:29 pm

Cold coffee should wake you up as much as hot coffee. The coldness of ice coffee could give you an extra jolt in the summer heat.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 8:50 pm

Good, I been ice coffee for two days. I don’t know why people buy ice coffee at coffee shops, I make ice coffee at home, take water from the fridge, it very good & free.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 9:58 pm

They say that Starbucks coffee is especially eyelid opening.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 9:59 pm

I like to start the day with a hot cup of java. One cup of coffee gives me an all-day high like I'm on speed.

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2022, 12:55 am

I have been experimenting with moving my coffee to afternoon so I have a big cup of black tea in the morning which still has caffeine in it but also makes me less jittery and less of a chaotic morning and more soothing start to day. Then I have one or two small cups coffee in a couple hours to really wake up or after lunch if I feel the tea was enough. This seems to also help me so I don't crave having coffee or black tea too late in the afternoon which can cause sleep-issues.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 1:53 am

Same sleep issues if too late in the afternoon . But turned coffee into special interest .. learning taste and flavor profiles helped me to make good cup of coffee . Been experimenting with Guarana as a caffeine supplement , but do like my daily coffee . Found having alittle bit of Taurine seems to help avoid some of burn out after coffee . :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Sep 2022, 7:36 am

temp1234 wrote:
As long as the coffee has caffeine in it, it should wake you up whether hot or cold, unless you are one of those people that are not affected by caffeine.

When the weather is very hot, it's not surprising that you still feel tired from the heat even after having coffee. Probably you'd better have water and rest.
I occasionally take a caffeine pill to help me wake up on days when I have to be up early for something(I took one yesterday when we left to go shopping at WalMart). It supposedly has about the same amount of caffeine as one cup of coffee. I don't like the taste of coffee & I dislike the smell as well but can tolerate it. Taking a caffeine pill with water or a sports drink would probably be better than drinking coffee during very hot weather. Some people need to drink coffee every morning because they're used to the ritual/habit & drinking water & taking caffeine pills will not hit the spot for their missed ritual thou drinking soda or energy drinks might be their poor man's coffee substitute. In case anyone was actually wondering, the caffeine pills I take are called Vivarin but there's various others out there.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 1:39 pm

As others have pointed out, it's the caffeine that's the active stimulant in coffee that wakes you up.

Something a lot of people don't realize is that the lighter the coffee roast, the more caffeine there is in it. Dark roast coffees have much stronger flavours, but less caffeine as it literally burns out of the coffee during the longer hotter roasting process.

Another "wake up," stimulant drink I've had several times that's very effective w/o the jitters of caffeine is Yerba Mate. I bought some loose leaf yerba mate and made me own for a while, once. It tastes like "fresh tobacco," and is traditionally sweetened with honey. You can buy it prepared in a can or bottle with various fruit flavourings like lemon or berry - basically tastes like flavoured iced tea and definitely gives you a good wake up.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 8:10 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like to start the day with a hot cup of java. One cup of coffee gives me an all-day high like I'm on speed.

I wish coffee always wake me up. I discovered that I love ice coffee :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 8:39 pm

I'll need that coffee to get me through the next 5 weeks that are coming up. Nobody can know how cutting back on food in order to save money will really make me feel. If I jack myself up on that daily cup of coffee, I'm almost emotionally crippled except for happiness, elation and anger if needed. If I see blood in my pee, I'll buy bladder pills and continue with the coffee. I will be a joy for my friends to be around, especially Barb.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 12:50 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'll need that coffee to get me through the next 5 weeks that are coming up. Nobody can know how cutting back on food in order to save money will really make me feel. If I jack myself up on that daily cup of coffee, I'm almost emotionally crippled except for happiness, elation and anger if needed. If I see blood in my pee, I'll buy bladder pills and continue with the coffee. I will be a joy for my friends to be around, especially Barb.

Why cut back on food to save money for 5 weeks? Are you saving up for something or paying off a debt?
How much are you cutting back on food? Just a manageable amount like giving up luxury indulgences, or skipping a couple meals every day in a way that's going to be unhealthy?

Very simple basic food staples aren't too expensive if you're willing to put in a little work to cook & clean dishes. Oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, bread etc.