Page 7 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,704
Location: the island of defective toy santas

05 Dec 2022, 11:06 pm

a mint-condition '93 mary kay edition [pink] cadillac sedan de ville



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 53,319

05 Dec 2022, 11:10 pm

Get rid of Daylight Savings time so it can be darker all year.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,704
Location: the island of defective toy santas

05 Dec 2022, 11:33 pm

a mint-condition 2012 toyota avalon xl.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,749
Location: City of Roses

05 Dec 2022, 11:41 pm

Some of these awesome cards I saw for divination online. 8)

Zodiac-themed playing cards

https://deadonpaper.com/collections/fro ... ying-cards

Yokai-themed Hanafuda cards

https://indianwolfstudios.com/product/n ... ing-cards/

Death-themed tarot cards

https://www.tarotbyseven.com/product-pa ... ck-3-sizes

German Lenormand Cards

https://www.tarotbyseven.com/product-pa ... -lenormand

Oracle Cards with paintings by John Waterhouse

https://www.tarotbyseven.com/product-pa ... racle-deck



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,704
Location: the island of defective toy santas

06 Dec 2022, 12:09 am

a bungalow atop a cliffside overlooking the pacific ocean.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,892
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Dec 2022, 8:30 am

I really like the necklaces you posted DeathFlowerKing, especially the raven skull :mrgreen: The only jewelry I ever worn was my senior class ring & I only wore that to school. I've been thinking about getting a chain thou but I have more important things to spend my money on. Maybe if I cant resist the urge to splurge a bit, I'll check Etsy out.


CockneyRebel wrote:
I want a job for Christmas. It has to be an easy job.
I hear ya. Disability benefits do NOT keep up with the real inflation. It's a struggle for me to not get deeper into debt. I really should start looking for a job soon so I can be more active & not worry about money so much but it's very difficult for me to get started on a job search without someone guiding me or suggesting places & jobs to apply for. Programs where my parents live that were supposed to help disableds find employment were a waist of my time. I just kept getting told that I needed to keep applying & asserting myself by asking employers to check my apps. When I called or went to places & asked, management said they get hundreds of apps & are not able to go through them all :wall: What is the point of asking when I will automatically be dismissed :shrug: I really needed help with getting my foot in the door so to speak & getting a chance to prove myself to employers but I need major help just getting programs to actually do that for me.

Plus I don't want to risk losing my benefits. I had different benefits when I was working & if I made too much, I just would not get any SSI for that month. With Social Security Disability I can earn a little money without problems but if I make over a certain amount, I get kicked off. When I lived with my parents I majorly struggled to find work & the three employers I had were not very flexable about hours. Full-timers were scheduled for 35-40 hours every week & part-timers were scheduled for 30-33 every week. The state I live in now has a higher minimum-wage & working 30 hours every week for minimum-wage might cause me to earn too much, at least on the months when I get three paychecks(most jobs pay biweekly) & then I would have to quit working & reapply to get back into the program. If I lose my benefits I would need to work full-time making minimum-wage to break even after taxes & everything so I'd need to be working over-time in order to get ahead of where I currently am financially. It's very discouraging :cry: OK that's enough rambling.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,704
Location: the island of defective toy santas

06 Dec 2022, 8:35 am

a new SOTA puter powerful enough to run iZotopeRx10 Advanced.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,749
Location: City of Roses

06 Dec 2022, 3:53 pm

nick007 wrote:
I really like the necklaces you posted DeathFlowerKing, especially the raven skull :mrgreen: The only jewelry I ever worn was my senior class ring & I only wore that to school. I've been thinking about getting a chain thou but I have more important things to spend my money on. Maybe if I cant resist the urge to splurge a bit, I'll check Etsy out.


Thanks. :) Yeah Etsy has a lot of really cool stuff! Unfortunately it's all rather pricey too but you can find so much cooler homemade treasures than you would ever find on Amazon. 8)

I know i posted some of these necklaces already but I added some extra ones to my list of ones I hope to buy someday. :heart:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,594
Location: Aux Arcs

06 Dec 2022, 4:07 pm

Large shameless amount on a gift card from the Antique Rose Emporium.
https://antiqueroseemporium.com/


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,749
Location: City of Roses

06 Dec 2022, 4:12 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Large shameless amount on a gift card from the Antique Rose Emporium.
https://antiqueroseemporium.com/


I like plants too! :flower:



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,594
Location: Aux Arcs

06 Dec 2022, 4:16 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Large shameless amount on a gift card from the Antique Rose Emporium.
https://antiqueroseemporium.com/


I like plants too! :flower:

They have old roses that thrive in Southern heat and humidity.Some old varieties grown from cuttings taken from old cemeteries and homesteads where no one had been tending them for years yet they were thriving in the Texas heat.
Gardening is my passion and the seed catalogs are starting to arrive!!


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,749
Location: City of Roses

06 Dec 2022, 4:26 pm

Misslizard wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Large shameless amount on a gift card from the Antique Rose Emporium.
https://antiqueroseemporium.com/


I like plants too! :flower:

They have old roses that thrive in Southern heat and humidity.Some old varieties grown from cuttings taken from old cemeteries and homesteads where no one had been tending them for years yet they were thriving in the Texas heat.
Gardening is my passion and the seed catalogs are starting to arrive!!


That sounds interesting. I'm still in the process of learning how to garden but soneday i hope to have a nice pretty yard. :)



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,594
Location: Aux Arcs

06 Dec 2022, 4:41 pm

It’s very soothing to sit with flowers all around, especially fragrant ones that attract butterflies and other pollinators.
Look for old grannies with nice gardens in your area, they are happy to share and have things that are easy to care for and tough.Some local libraries have seed swaps and flower sales.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,749
Location: City of Roses

06 Dec 2022, 4:46 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It’s very soothing to sit with flowers all around, especially fragrant ones that attract butterflies and other pollinators.
Look for old grannies with nice gardens in your area, they are happy to share and have things that are easy to care for and tough.Some local libraries have seed swaps and flower sales.


My nana traded some flowers with me over Thanksgiving. I gave her some wild roses and red spider lily bulbs and she gave me a cotton rose, some purple wandering jews, elephant ears, and some kind of succulent that im not sure what it is but it looks neat. :flower:

The cotton roses i see around here are very pretty and I hope i can get mine to look pretty as it grows too. :flower:

Funny thing about them is they're not an actual rose. They're a type of hibiscus. :)



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,594
Location: Aux Arcs

06 Dec 2022, 6:25 pm

I have a Texas Star hibiscus that overwinters.It dies back to the ground but sends up new shoots.The foliage is fun. :lol:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_coccineus
Also Rose of Sharon, very easy to grow.
Aka Althea.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,749
Location: City of Roses

06 Dec 2022, 6:28 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I have a Texas Star hibiscus that overwinters.It dies back to the ground but sends up new shoots.The foliage is fun. :lol:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_coccineus
Also Rose of Sharon, very easy to grow.
Aka Althea.


That looks pretty! And my mom has both purple and white rose of sharons growing in her yard. :flower:

I read that they're the national flower of South Korea. :heart: