Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sillylilgoober
Raven
Raven

11 Jan 2024, 1:05 pm

People (mostly boys) at my school often use words like restarted (they’re censoring the r slur) and acoustic (autistic) as insult and that makes me wonder if their parents taught them to be like that :?:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 6:56 pm

It's a cruel and nasty world out there and some people enjoy hurting others.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 7:27 pm

Because most people aren't disabled.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 9:28 pm

Because since the beginning of history, human society has seen people who are disabled, mentally ill, elderly or unattractive as worthless and a waste of resources. Such people often have trouble getting a home jobs, having relationships, taking care of a family, taking care of themselves. The world doesn't want to help us live decent lives because seeing us a sub-human, forcing us into gas chambers or being subjected to cruel experiments is so much easier.

And most boys are very immature and their brains are being ravaged by hormones, so they get enjoyment by by being snotty little trolls to anyone they see as different. They also love to use racist, sexist, and ableist slurs because they think it makes them "edgy".

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 9:37 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
And most boys are very immature and their brains are being ravaged by hormones, so they get enjoyment by by being snotty little trolls to anyone they see as different. They also love to use racist, sexist, and ableist slurs because they think it makes them "edgy".

I hate this mindset. Look at how transgressive I am, I'm punching down on the same punching bags as everyone else. Aren't I edgy and unique? Please just pay attention to me!

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jan 2024, 10:53 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Yet autistics are the ones known for lacking empathy :roll:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 11:09 pm

Because ignorant people are a bunch of demons who want to shove us into chambers and gas us like the as*holes that they are.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 11:20 pm

nick007 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Yet autistics are the ones known for lacking empathy :roll:

I might be wrong, but I've noticed a lot of people struggle to empathize with a situation until they've experienced it or witnessed it up close.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 11:35 pm

Because people are a bunch of Nazis who hate us. The more problems a person has, the more they hate that person.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 1:24 am

One of the reasons I think, is a lack of education on what disability is and the othering of disabled folk from non-disabled folk.

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2024, 6:08 pm

I feel like people are able to accept other disabilities, such as dyslexia and cerebral palsy, but not autism. People with the former two are allowed to advocate for themselves and speak up, while autism is routinely singled out for abuse, exclusion, and infantilization, and non-autistic people are generally picked over autistic people. I feel like the stereotype that autistic people are nonverbal is prevalent to the point where verbal, highly articulate autistic people are not seen as autistic.

Neurotypical people generally put autistic people in three categories:
1. Nonverbal and/or low-functioning
2. Autistic savants
3. Autistic criminals (this one being popularized by Sandy Hook)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 6:17 pm

Because ableists think we're sociopaths when really they are the true sociopaths themselves.

Ableists enjoy stereotyping people on the spectrum because they believe we can't
stand up for ourselves and some believe that the spectrum isn't real.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2024, 10:11 am

I don't think NT people understand what Autism is. They somehow seem to think that Autistic people behave like they do for no good reason and if they learn to imitate a NT behaviour then they are cured from Autism.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 10:21 am

Why are those in the minority not in the majority? Same question. Same answer.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 12:04 pm

People think that autistic people sit around in soiled clothing, grunting rocking and banging their heads all day long. They think that all people who bear the autism label are like that. They think that we have to be like that in order to be autistic. If we can speak, we're not really on the spectrum. If you don't look autistic, people expect you to be a perfect trophy person who doesn't make mistakes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 2:55 pm

seems to be rotten human nature for some people to elevate themselves over the rest and lord it over us, to look down their noses at us as the great unwashed.