Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2022, 12:05 am

Just for fun. Has anyone else experienced the elusive itch on your back? You know that itch where you try to scratch it but it keeps moving around your back? Or that itch where you beg someone to scratch your back "a little to the left, a little to the right, up, no wait down, down, no not that far down, quick go up again!" If so, how long does your back usually have to be scratched before you feel better?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 12:36 am

I own a Chinese bamboo back scratcher which I use fairly regularly.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 12:41 am

I believe I reach everywhere on my back.

I have itchy calves.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 12:51 am

That happens on any part of my body, particularly on my hands. Scratching the skin surface doesn't give me the relief I'm seeking. It makes me wonder if the itchiness is inside rather than on the surface.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2022, 9:46 pm

My back doesn't itch a lot during the day. If it itches, it's usually at night. I find that if I try to scratch it myself, I usually just barely reach the edge of the itch which makes it itch worse than it did. Plus, it usually spreads around my back to places that are harder to reach. Since I don't have anyone to scratch my back, I normally try to just lay flat on my back and ignore the itch hoping it will fade. If the itch is too intense for me to ignore, a dry erase marker will do the trick good enough. It doesn't really soothe my back, but it gets that one itchy spot enough for me to get to sleep.
To me, nothing is better than a back scratch I don't have to ask for or give myself.