Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Aug 2007, 3:46 pm

is stupid? normally i would say yes, but i want to get one of ichiro. do you think this would be weird? maybe something spectacular like when he first comes up to bat, and gets in his stance something like this;

down the side of my arm or something? in full color of course, :D

do you have any tattoos?

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Aug 2007, 3:52 pm

I want to get hair tattood on my chest.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Aug 2007, 3:54 pm

what about a pair of sunglasses on yer butt 8)

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Aug 2007, 3:55 pm

that or a set of cookie sized nipples on my butt

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 3:56 pm

I have 5 tattoes and love them.I recommend them if you are "set" on a design you think you will like for the rest of your life,go for it.

The only problem with this particular picture(please dont be offended)is his stance looks a little "gay",I dont want you tp get unwanted attention from gay guys :wink: .

Shop around until you find the perfect picture and research different tattoe shops in your area to see who does the best "portrait" work.It's better to pay a little more for the best,since you will have it for life.

Good luck and be sure to post a pick when it's done(and welcome back by the way,we missed you :D )

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Aug 2007, 4:01 pm

he is a very limber man!! you should see him exercise before a game you would think it was gymnatics,. it probably makes him a better ballplayer :D

id probably get something more from the side like this

Woman
Raven
Raven

09 Aug 2007, 4:02 pm

i have a big dragonfly in balck ink across my lower back . i got it because i've always loved dragonflies. That was about five years ago and i still love it.

if you think you are still going to be a die-hard ichiro fan for the rest of your life, do it, man. But if you you know you are impulsive , stop & think twice. Personally, i don't like people tatoos on anyone.

Why do you want to get a tatoo of ichiro? How is he meaningful to you?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Aug 2007, 4:08 pm

Woman wrote:
Why do you want to get a tatoo of ichiro? How is he meaningful to you?
well he is my favorite baseball player, he was also the first japenese born hitter to playin mlb. he was a total underdog because everyone thought japenese baseball players were wimps and couldnt make it over here, in america. has played 9 years in japan before he came here and is a hitting machine. easily in my opinion the greatest player in the last 50 years here in america.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 4:24 pm

I don't think they're stupid I have one myself...not sure I would personally get another person tattooed on me though.

Think about it hard...because once it's done you're stuck with it...and if ichiro becomes a total jerk in 5 years or defects to Pittsburgh (shouldn't happen, but you never know) can you deal with having a picture of him on your arm? Remember when Michael Jackson was "little" Michael Jackson and everyone thought he was cute.... :wink:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Aug 2007, 4:26 pm

Beenthere wrote:
not sure I would personally get another person tattooed on me though.
yeah, when dimebag died ALOT of suckafools got tattoes of him and almost all of them came out looking like bob marley instead of dime, they were that bad. Lol :D

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 4:31 pm

I like the second picture better.I think the "problem" of why I saw him as "female" is that he has was is referred to as "b***h hips"(sorry everyone for the crass term,but it's the term I learned from some macho painters who use to tease each other about this).I noticed in you avatar that there is a more "abstract" picture of him done in black...do you have any better detailed pics of him like that?Something with a full pic and not just the top of him,might make a good tatto.$ of my 5 tattos are done all in black but the dragon has some color.I would like to get another one of the kid from "Full Metal Alchemist" and just got the tax refund to do it but my BF is against it.He is my only means of transportation to a shop,so,I have to try and talk him into driving me.I think I need to find a way to blackmail him or somehting(or bribe).

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2007, 4:34 pm

If Ichiro means a lot to you, then I don't think it's weird. I don't think others in their right mind would think it's weird either. If somebody got a tattoo of Buddha, would anyone find it particularly strange? Probably not. But chances are, the reasons for that person getting a tattoo of Buddha and you getting a tattoo of Ichiro aren't vastly different.

As for me thinking about getting a tattoo? It's funny, because I've been thinking seriously about getting a tattoo. I saw this guy at work today and he had this cool looking Polish star on his upper-inner arm (on and around his bicep). It was freaking cool looking how casual it looked. The fact that it's in a somewhat unusual place and not very conspicuous appeals to me. Now I'm thinking about getting a tattoo... now I just have to think about what I should get a tattoo of!

I had been thinking along the lines of a crop circle tattoo, but that might be kinda dorky. I'll just get anything that looks artistic and cool. Here's a cool looking crop circle that I might get one based off of.

I like the one on the bottom left, but I fear that it would look cooler as a crop circle than as a pattern on my skin.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 5:19 pm

I love the crop circles,cool concept and cool looking.The one you mentioned reminded me of those little plastic things thaat you put a pen through a hole and they go in a circle and you come up with a cool design...Stenographs or something?

Go for it,me thinks. :D I have 2 dragons(not asian style)one os from a childrens book and the other has a abstract design,a griffen that looks like the lion on the liunbraue(sp)beer bottle(that wasnt my intention),a crow and a little girl sitting on a log by herself watching the "child dragon" do a hand stand.# of the 5 are from childrens book illustrations.

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 6:42 pm

Go For it Ernie :D

I've got two...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Aug 2007, 6:53 pm

how cool! is the first one a hibiscus plant? :)

frankwah thats pretty much the same conclusion i came to :)

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 6:54 pm

richardbenson wrote:
how cool! is the first one a hibiscus plant? :)

frankwah thats pretty much the same conclusion i came to :)

I'm not sure what plant it is, i saw it in a magazine and said "that's what i want".