Page 4 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,017
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

15 Nov 2022, 5:24 pm

Feeling like the whole world hates me because of my age.

I'm kind of hoping I'll die by the time I'm 60. What's the point of living to an old age if your body and mind have deteriorated, you're miserable and sick all the time, and you're trapped in a nursing home by caretakers that are abusive or even murderous?

It's Tuesday already, time goes way too fast when you age.



lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,017
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

15 Nov 2022, 11:56 pm

Epidemic/pandemic of deadly RSVs because of the covid mandates being lifted. I knew something like this would happen. It's made people's resistance even lower. It's like all the viruses were hanging around outside our door, waiting to attack us the second we walk out unprotected. What am I supposed to do, spray myself with alcohol every rare time I go out? Because that would make it even worse.

The missile attack on Poland by Russia. Will they just nuke the planet and get it over with already?

The 2024 American election. If there's a world left by then, I wonder if I can safely be put into a coma so I won't have to endure this utter madness a second time?

You. Just. Cannot. Win.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,460
Location: Chez Quis

16 Nov 2022, 10:45 am

I'm taking my brother to another app't with his Neuro-Ophthalmologist, for test results.
It's a couple of hours each direction so I'll have to fight back tears the whole time.
It's hard pretending to be strong when I'm so scared.
Just once I want there to be good news in our lives, or a glimmer of hope we can hold onto.


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,017
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

16 Nov 2022, 11:00 am

I woke up.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,510
Location: Queens, NYC

16 Nov 2022, 11:04 am

I want that for Isabella, too.



Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,392
Location: London

16 Nov 2022, 12:22 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm taking my brother to another app't with his Neuro-Ophthalmologist, for test results.
It's a couple of hours each direction so I'll have to fight back tears the whole time.
It's hard pretending to be strong when I'm so scared.
Just once I want there to be good news in our lives, or a glimmer of hope we can hold onto.

I hope you guys are ok. I really hope it's good news. Hugs :heart:


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,017
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

16 Nov 2022, 4:40 pm

I'm finding it hard to breathe, my chest feels tight and slightly painful, and I'm light-headed. Don't know if it's because of anxiety or something else, but I think I forgot to breathe and now I can't get enough air into my lungs.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,460
Location: Chez Quis

16 Nov 2022, 7:37 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Just once I want there to be good news in our lives, or a glimmer of hope we can hold onto.


I hope you guys are ok. I really hope it's good news. Hugs :heart:



kraftiekortie wrote:
I want that for Isabella, too.


Image

Christmas came early for us today!!

It's not a tumour or brain disease. :heart:
That's 100% ruled out. :heart:

His vision can't be restored, but it won't get worse either.

I was so relieved I burst into tears and nearly fainted.

Thank you both for helping me through this unbearable nightmare.


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,247

16 Nov 2022, 8:57 pm

Honestly worried that my dad might die relatively soon. It's giving me a lot of anxiety.



Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 581

17 Nov 2022, 2:01 am

Delivering pizza to a meth house in a shady side of town with several junkies just kinda hanging out nearby in the pitch black street and on the sidewalk.





HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Honestly worried that my dad might die relatively soon. It's giving me a lot of anxiety.


I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you have people you can reach out to.



Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,392
Location: London

17 Nov 2022, 2:42 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Image

Christmas came early for us today!!

It's not a tumour or brain disease. :heart:
That's 100% ruled out. :heart:

His vision can't be restored, but it won't get worse either.

I was so relieved I burst into tears and nearly fainted.

Thank you both for helping me through this unbearable nightmare.


OMG, Issy, that is brilliant news!! !! :heart:


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,392
Location: London

17 Nov 2022, 2:47 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Honestly worried that my dad might die relatively soon. It's giving me a lot of anxiety.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. That's pretty scary and a lot to deal with. Hugs :heart:


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,510
Location: Queens, NYC

17 Nov 2022, 9:47 am

That's excellent news, Isabella.

Have they found a cause for the blindness?



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 69,460
Location: Chez Quis

17 Nov 2022, 10:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
That's excellent news, Isabella.

Have they found a cause for the blindness?



His optic nerves shredded spontaneously. It was a critical emergency at the beginning because he was bleeding into his brain and there was an inflamed mass pressing on the broken nerves. They still don't know why. They thought a rare kind of tumour or neurodegenerative disease but that's definitively excluded now after almost 8 weeks of tests. He no longer needs the Neuro part of the Neuro-Ophthalmology care.

He and I think it must have something to do with scuba diving in Cairns. He felt like water went inside his head (?) when he went deep. He was fine after scuba diving and spent a few more days there with no problems before flying home. Then he woke up blind 2-3 days after being home. It seems like the water pressure combined with the air pressure of flying might have done something but the doctors say it's not related especially with the late onset. It could also be from sleep apnea of all things (??) because if his oxygen was cut off in his brain when sleeping it could explode the optic nerves. He has no history of sleep apnea and his wife would know if he did, but they're pushing him to go for testing anyway. They said it's about a 5% chance but worth investigating. The other 95% has no explanation and they really can't explain it other than saying he's extremely lucky that it's not a tumour.

In the meantime we are looking into visual therapy programs and OT to help him navigate independently.

Sorry for the long answer but I'm still trying to make sense of it all myself.


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,392
Location: London

17 Nov 2022, 11:02 am

^ Poor guy. It must have been so scary to wake up blind :|


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,471
Location: Aux Arcs

17 Nov 2022, 11:12 am

Relative called.I think they want me to do something.I didn’t answer.
This is NOvember.Just say NO.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi