Wonder if Neurodiversity would offer any protection against

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 10:46 pm

A.I. ?

I saw something recently that said A.I. could manipulate humans without them realizing they were being manipulated. I wonder what that might look like? Scenarios?

And I also wonder if A.I. programs would be equipped to deal with non-neurotypicals?

Thoughts?

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 10:56 pm

Autistically inclined individuals may find jobs working in AI.

But I dont see why autistics would be magically immune to AI, any more than NTs are.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 12:29 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Autistically inclined individuals may find jobs working in AI.

But I dont see why autistics would be magically immune to AI, any more than NTs are.

Many autistic kids that I work with don't like doing anything we ask them to do, the very littles don't even want to go to the bathroom. And if we ask them to, then they really don't want to even if they are about to pee their pants.

What about just plain obstinacy? Will the A.I. come in the form of a robot, will it just force the person physically? Or is it all persuasion?

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 7:50 pm

Am not an expert on extreme autistic children. Frankly the only spectrum child I know very well is my childhood self.

But a child not wanting to go to the bathroom even when they need to...and adults panicking when seeing a fake Biden on TV telling them to "take shelter because the Martian armies are marching through Jersey right now" because a 21st Century Orsen Welles is playing an AI version of the infamous 1936 War of the Worlds prank...is something else.

Would that little autistic tyke grow up to be an adult who less likely to panic than the next person? I dunno.