Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:05 pm

Got up too late for breakfast, although technically I would still be breaking my fast with the exception of the cup of black coffee I'm sipping.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:17 pm

Mushroom and Swiss omelette

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:23 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Mushroom and Swiss omelette

That'd be decent. Ate the fresh mushrooms with steak last week, and my container of mixed dried mushrooms went moldy so I tossed it out. Cheddar, Havarti, and some sort of "ripened firm cheese," called bergeron classique in the fridge. (Had to check - I rarely eat cheese/dairy products.) Eggs, yes.

Hmmm, if no better winning suggestion before I finish my 2nd cup of coffee maybe I will throw some sort of omelette together. Maybe with a bit of leftover chicken breast from dinner last night for a multi-generational chickie concoction.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:30 pm

Full English

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:37 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Full English

Full English breakfast is served with a couple portobellos? :? Native to Italy.. which afaik England never even conquered. :P

I do have some precooked bacon and some chorizo sausages. Could do up something close - especially if my dad's in the mood to eat much. He doesn't eat very large meals anymore, and with recent symptoms he hardly ate anything last week and has been getting thin/weak. But with new treatments and meds the last couple days, he's able to eat. What and how much I cook up may be entirely dependent on if he's going to eat a proper meal.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:43 pm

They're flat mushrooms.
Native to everywhere.
We even have them in Australia!

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:45 pm

It depends, classier eateries do but as the shroom expert said^, they're flat shrooms, greasy spoons just have normal shrooms, I personally don't have any veg. Hope your dad has a hearty appetite today.

Last edited by Recidivist on 22 Mar 2023, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:45 pm

Raleigh wrote:
They're flat mushrooms.
Native to everywhere.
We even have them in Australia!

Maybe grown everywhere now.

Quote:
Geography/History
Portabella mushrooms are native to Italy and have been growing since ancient times. The first record of the mushroom was from French botanist Joseph Pitton de Tournefort in 1707, and they were then heavily marketed in the 1980s at natural health food stores. Today Portabella mushrooms are widely available at farmers markets, specialty grocers, and supermarkets in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.

https://specialtyproduce.com/produce/Po ... ms_702.php

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:49 pm

We call them barby mushrooms.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:56 pm

Recidivist wrote:
It depends, classier eateries do but as the shroom expert said^, they're flat shrooms, greasy spoons just have normal shrooms, I personally don't have any veg. Hope your dad has a hearty appetite today.

I'd hoped he might want to eat a variety of things - then I'd cook up more.. but he requested toast & cheese. I said I'll have similar but fry up a couple eggs for myself and asked if he wanted an egg.. response "Toast. And cheese." :lol: So, toast & cheddar it is - at least there's some protein in the cheese and I sliced it a bit on the thicker side w/o being ridiculous about it. Far better than not eating like last week when he couldn't, especially with his myriad of medical issues. It's kinda wild he's in as good of shape as he is over all - docs a couple days ago that came to see him were expecting someone in significantly worse shape based on reviews of scans they'd just taken.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 1:57 pm

Raleigh wrote:
We call them barby mushrooms.

Makes sense. I've cooked them like that with a little olive oil so they don't dry out. I've added them on top of beef patties, but also had them solo in place of a patty - restaurants will serve those here, too.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:02 pm

BLT with good bread
Arugula instead of lettuce

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

I'd hoped he might want to eat a variety of things - then I'd cook up more.. but he requested toast & cheese. I said I'll have similar but fry up a couple eggs for myself and asked if he wanted an egg.. response "Toast. And cheese." :lol: So, toast & cheddar it is - at least there's some protein in the cheese and I sliced it a bit on the thicker side w/o being ridiculous about it. Far better than not eating like last week when he couldn't, especially with his myriad of medical issues. It's kinda wild he's in as good of shape as he is over all - docs a couple days ago that came to see him were expecting someone in significantly worse shape based on reviews of scans they'd just taken.

Moot point waste of a few bites.. *vomiting sounds in background* - maybe better timing of meds will let him eat and keep things down. Waste of pills, too. My mom's working out a better med schedule right now to try to keep things level vs. him sleeping in and missing meds he's supposed to take 4x/day. Such is life trying to stay alive a while longer.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:07 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Full English

That is a huge breakfast.No way could I eat that first thing.
Not a breakfast eater here, nicotine and caffeine are what I have.
I’d have to eat that around four o’clock.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:08 pm

(((Goldfishes Dad)))

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:09 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

Moot point waste of a few bites.. *vomiting sounds in background* - maybe better timing of meds will let him eat and keep things down. Waste of pills, too. My mom's working out a better med schedule right now to try to keep things level vs. him sleeping in and missing meds he's supposed to take 4x/day. Such is life trying to stay alive a while longer.

I’m sorry to hear that. :cry:
Hoping he finds a schedule that works and he can enjoy meals again.
Has he tried cannabis for the vomiting?
They have tinctures now.