Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:11 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
Full English

That is a huge breakfast.No way could I eat that first thing.
Not a breakfast eater here, nicotine and caffeine are what I have.
I’d have to eat that around four o’clock.

I think it's bit on the small side tbh but I rarely have full English for breakfast/brunch. It was always a necessity when I worked on a building site though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:17 pm

Misslizard wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
It depends, classier eateries do but as the shroom expert said^, they're flat shrooms, greasy spoons just have normal shrooms, I personally don't have any veg. Hope your dad has a hearty appetite today.

I'd hoped he might want to eat a variety of things - then I'd cook up more.. but he requested toast & cheese. I said I'll have similar but fry up a couple eggs for myself and asked if he wanted an egg.. response "Toast. And cheese." :lol: So, toast & cheddar it is - at least there's some protein in the cheese and I sliced it a bit on the thicker side w/o being ridiculous about it. Far better than not eating like last week when he couldn't, especially with his myriad of medical issues. It's kinda wild he's in as good of shape as he is over all - docs a couple days ago that came to see him were expecting someone in significantly worse shape based on reviews of scans they'd just taken.

Moot point waste of a few bites.. *vomiting sounds in background* - maybe better timing of meds will let him eat and keep things down. Waste of pills, too. My mom's working out a better med schedule right now to try to keep things level vs. him sleeping in and missing meds he's supposed to take 4x/day. Such is life trying to stay alive a while longer.

I’m sorry to hear that. :cry:
Hoping he finds a schedule that works and he can enjoy meals again.
Has he tried cannabis for the vomiting?
They have tinctures now.

No, but we've given him some edibles for appetite in the past and he's tried cbd cream for sciatica. One of my cousins is going to pick up a tincture and bring it that we didn't bother asking him about, I just figured I'd pay for it and then he might be more likely to take it vs. if we ask him he'd probably just say no. It's cbd + some other more recently identified cannabinoid I can't remember the 3 letter acronym for.

He has meds for anti-nausea and other ones to try to control the root cause of it for right now - but if he doesn't take them on time as specified then they're not going to work as well as they should. He should have taken meds at 8am but didn't take his first dose until maybe 11:30, so, chances are he's nauseous now like he hasn't been the last couple days because he didn't take those meds as directed.

Hopefully by the end of next week or so, after a different course of treatment, the cause of the nausea is dealt with more permanently. That's surely to come with other side effects for a while, but should improve quality of remaining life.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:36 pm

Ours look like this.There may also be grits involved further South.

Recidivist wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
Full English

That is a huge breakfast.No way could I eat that first thing.
Not a breakfast eater here, nicotine and caffeine are what I have.
I’d have to eat that around four o’clock.

I think it's bit on the small side tbh but I rarely have full English for breakfast/brunch. It was always a necessity when I worked on a building site though.