Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 10:41 am

MuddRM wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Well, I just applied at the steel mill. My new boss Roscoe told me there's a saying down at the mill, We work hard, we play hard.

Reminds me of Monty Python’s Lumberjack song…

Not quite what I was thinking...

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 3:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
MuddRM wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Well, I just applied at the steel mill. My new boss Roscoe told me there's a saying down at the mill, We work hard, we play hard.

You shoulda posted this vid above when you first referenced it so we would have known what you were referencing.

Its a good joke, but that scene from the Simpson not iconic enough for everyone to know it without it being explained. Its not like "Frankly Scarlet", or "we need a bigger boat",or "Houston. We have a problem", that everyone knows even if they havent seen the movie its from.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 3:26 pm

I love my new Sweet Pea avatar. Looking at it makes me feel all warm and gay inside.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 May 2023, 9:15 pm

Don't hate us 'cause we're happy
Don't hate us 'cause we're beautiful
Don't hate us if we make you smile
Or if we go the extra mile
To make someone feel better
On a really sh!tty day
And if you're hearing what I'm saying then
I want to hear you say, "I'm gay!" (I'm gay!)
Say, "I'm gay!" (I'm gay!)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 May 2023, 9:23 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
MuddRM wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgs9FRD25M
I almost posted the Lumberjack Song but I just posted a song that's more relevant to the original post :wink: That steel mill seems like a very fun place to work if no guys pushed themselves on me & I had a job like cleaning the place cuz I'm in Comic Book Guy shape :oops: :(

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 17 May 2023, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 9:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
You shoulda posted this vid above when you first referenced it so we would have known what you were referencing.

Its a good joke, but that scene from the Simpson not iconic enough for everyone to know it without it being explained. Its not like "Frankly Scarlet", or "we need a bigger boat",or "Houston. We have a problem", that everyone knows even if they havent seen the movie its from.

Huh? I'm not familiar with those references. You shoulda posted the video before assuming they were as well-known as The Simpsons. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 11:55 pm

"Frankly, Scarlet, I am not in the habit of building reservoirs for free."

"We're gonna need a bigger boat when the tourist season starts."

"Houston, we have a problem with the recording equipment.  Could you come back later and try 'I Will Always Love You' again?"

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 12:00 am

Sonic200 wrote:
Research has shown that whether or not it is talked about has no influence on people's sexual orientations and so why are "don't say gay" laws for schools being passed in contrary to what the research shows?

Bigots don't care about research or the actual lived experience of queer people

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 12:04 am

Fnord wrote:

"Houston, we have a problem with the recording equipment.  Could you come back later and try 'I Will Always Love You' again?"

:lol: :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 12:06 am

colliegrace wrote:
Sonic200 wrote:
Research has shown that whether or not it is talked about has no influence on people's sexual orientations and so why are "don't say gay" laws for schools being passed in contrary to what the research shows?
Bigots don't care about research or the actual lived experience of queer people
Bigots don't care about research or the actual lived experience of anyone but themselves.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2023, 12:29 am

MuddRM wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

And for your listening enjoyment:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 1:30 am

x

Last edited by naturalplastic on 18 May 2023, 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 2:32 am

Fnord wrote:

Why are you beating up Funeral like this?

I gave him a friendly pointer that he shouldnt make a reference without explaining it...but...added that you can possibly get away with that omission in some cases.

In this post you're agreeing with me, but going beyond what I said to say that you cant even get away with iconic references without explaining them- with an accompanying Utube vid..,and that there are NO exceptions. And that you ALWAYS need a vid to go along with ANY media reference.

Ergo what Funeral did was even worse a thing than I said it was! Jeeze. Lighten up dude!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 3:05 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I gave him a friendly pointer that he shouldnt make a reference without explaining it...but...added that you can possibly get away with that omission in some cases.

In this post you're agreeing with me, but going beyond what I said to say that you cant even get away with iconic references without explaining them- with an accompanying Utube vid..,and that there are NO exceptions. And that you ALWAYS need a vid to go along with ANY media reference.

Ergo what Funeral did was even worse a thing than I said it was! Jeeze. Lighten up dude!
No, YOU lighten up!

:lol:

funeralxempire got the joke; you did not.  It seems that funeralxempire is more enlightened that you, while you are still in the dark.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 3:25 am

Fnord wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Fnord wrote:

No, YOU lighten up!

:lol:

funeralxempire got the joke; you did not.  It seems that funeralxempire is more enlightened that you, while you are still in the dark.

Ok enlighten me. Explain the joke.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 3:29 am

You either get the joke or you do not.  Since you do not, you would also likely not get the explanation, either.