Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ainvar
Raven
Raven

16 Aug 2007, 1:45 pm

If you would, please describe your current people obsessions.

Please be general...
Nothing specific, just qualities...reasons why you are obsessed with you current person(s) of choice (or lack thereof).

=)

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 2:59 pm

I'm obsessed with someone! :) S'cuz he's really nice and sweet n' he makes me uber squee. so I obsess. what about you?

ainvar
Raven
Raven

16 Aug 2007, 3:09 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I'm obsessed with someone! :) S'cuz he's really nice and sweet n' he makes me uber squee. so I obsess. what about you?

Too many to mention, I 'spose.

One is very intelligent with an endearing lack of any common sense whatsoever...a seeming deplorable lack of sense of self that can be self destructive but at the same time can get them through hard times. A real nut to crack for meaning and feeling...but when I see it, it's a nice warm fuzzy =)

Another is charming, a real southerner...full of ideas and hope and wants and energy, despite everything that they've been through. Someone you can surprisingly count on, someone full of charisma, so much so that it's easy to get caught up with their ideas and energy, even if only for awhile.

I could go on...but I won't =)

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2007, 3:52 pm

I'm obsessed with a girl with whom I fell in love a long, long time ago. I haven't seen her in ages but I still occasionally think of her. I wonder what she is doing, what dreams she is pursuing, etc. I don't think I'm still in love with her though.

Last edited by Nafydalgol on 16 Aug 2007, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 3:53 pm

Nafydalgol wrote:

so, you r 3 dot sentence that has nothing to do with this topic...don't tell me it isn't spam please.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 3:59 pm

Only one person. Had feelings for him for 14 months now so it is more than just obsession.
The obsessive phase is kind of lessened these days, but it was very bad before.
He is ADHD and most likely aspie also. He is same height as me, people have said we have a likeness, same mannerisms as me, same sense of humour from what I have seen. He stims a lot, he is very intelligent but comes from an uneducated background, I think. He just grabs my heart and my attention.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

Ooopsy.

Last edited by Graelwyn on 16 Aug 2007, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

Oooopsy.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 4:01 pm

you can obsess over people and be in love with them too. unless thinking about them nonstop 24/7 is aprt of love. in that case i'd say i'm a horribly confused individual. Do animals count too? I'm obsessing over my cat as well.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 4:08 pm

I am kinda obsessed with someone :oops:
its not really an obsession though

ainvar
Raven
Raven

16 Aug 2007, 4:17 pm

I dunno...I suppose that I would say that a person obsession was like "being in love" very much, but it distinctly different from "loving someone." If that makes any sense?

That said, I do love most of the objects of my people obsessions, in some fashion or another, and one or two (or three or four) I would say that I'm "in love" with, and that almost all of them I had been in love with at some point. A most problematic thing, it is.

I try hard these days to use reason as my guide in matters of love, and ignore that wonderful little tingle I seem to get for this person or that person, because I cannot always pursue said tingles (for one largish reason or another) and because I need stability...something I can't have when I'm always unsure, when I'm following my emotions that I don't always understand and can't predict.

Every once in awhile I do relish it, focus on someone, let them into may day dreams and night dreams. It keeps my heart going a little longer, and it keeps my mind awake and alert.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 7:36 pm

I think I might be obsessed with people, but no one in particular, more like a group of "friends" althought they are not real friends, I think that might be, kinda confusing actually.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 7:58 pm

I am strongly interested in, although I wouldn't say obsessed with, Roger Bannister. He is 78 years old, lives half a world away from me and is married with four children and 14 grandchildren. I respect him a lot for his accomplishments.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 11:27 am

I was obsessed with my best friend for about 3 to 4 years. It continued long after we had an argument and split apart. Sometimes I still miss her, but my feelings definitely aren't as strong as they used to be. I used to think that my feelings for her meant I was a lesbian, but I'm finding out that the more she fades into the recesses of my mind, the more attracted I am to men.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 12:28 pm

I'm obsessed with Drew Carey, and I bet you can all figure out why!

ainvar
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2007, 12:32 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
I'm obsessed with Drew Carey, and I bet you can all figure out why!

We might have a sneaking suspicious, Jason. =D