Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Noam111g
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2023, 11:49 pm

Unfortunately, my doctor had recently informed me I have a Fatty Liver. I had no idea my liver has a lot of fat, but it seems like thats the case now. It seems like I need to lose weight and fast. If you can share what you think about this disease that would be nice too, thanks.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 10:20 am

I too got myself a fatty liver. This summer I'm gonna try some yoga.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 10:34 am

Losing weight likely will help, but if you aren't actually accessing the fat stored in the liver more than it's storing it, you'll make no meaningful progress. You should be given advice about what specifically to do, but generally, less carbs and longer between meals should do it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 11:37 am

My brother had (has?) this.

I was surprised I don't. I drink and I consume way too much sugar.

I've heard intense physical exercise reduces visceral fat.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 11:46 am

I have it. I was born with a liver condition which includes Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Gilbert's Syndrome, and a few other problems with my liver. I've since developed cysts on my liver too. None of it is related to obesity (I'm not overweight), or poor diet, or even alcohol consumption. It just is what it is. I don't even think about it most of the time and doctors aren't very concerned either. I had a liver biopsy in 2015 and everything seems to be fine despite the conditions so I'm not too worried about it.

What did your doctor tell you to do? If you are overweight I'm sure weight loss would help.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

23 May 2023, 10:50 pm

Strange coincidence, someone I've known all my life told me they had it after pain under their right rib cage, about two weeks ago but they eat pretty healthily and were told they can exercise reduce or cease any alcohol consumption to eliminate it.

Noam111g
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2023, 10:01 am

Thanks for all the replies mates.

Do you think fat in the liver is really as dangerous as they say, or the medical community are just exaggerating possibly?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 12:10 pm

Milk Thistle.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9149185/

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 12:42 pm

Misslizard wrote:

I was going to suggest that too. I take it pretty much every day when I remember.

Noam111g
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2023, 6:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I have it. I was born with a liver condition which includes Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Gilbert's Syndrome, and a few other problems with my liver. I've since developed cysts on my liver too. None of it is related to obesity (I'm not overweight), or poor diet, or even alcohol consumption. It just is what it is. I don't even think about it most of the time and doctors aren't very concerned either. I had a liver biopsy in 2015 and everything seems to be fine despite the conditions so I'm not too worried about it.

What did your doctor tell you to do? If you are overweight I'm sure weight loss would help.

He implied I need to go to the gym more. "move your butt" and so on. I know what I need to do, but the problem is, I'm lazy to do it. I'm used to sitting at home and eating chocolate unfortunately. Sad, right?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 7:06 pm

Noam111g wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

He implied I need to go to the gym more. "move your butt" and so on. I know what I need to do, but the problem is, I'm lazy to do it. I'm used to sitting at home and eating chocolate unfortunately. Sad, right?

I had little motivation to get in shape until I started wanting to play ball hockey. Maybe finding a sport will motivate you?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 7:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I've got Gilbert's syndrome too. On its own, it's not a big deal, but on its own, it does leave us susceptible to liver damage.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 8:05 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I've got Gilbert's syndrome too. On its own, it's not a big deal, but on its own, it does leave us susceptible to liver damage.

Wow. I've never met anyone else with it. Do you turn yellow sometimes?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 8:27 pm

Noam111g wrote:
Thanks for all the replies mates.

Do you think fat in the liver is really as dangerous as they say, or the medical community are just exaggerating possibly?

It’s as dangerous as they say because it can be the beginning of the end of the liver as an organ, and we need a properly functioning liver in order to stay alive. It’s not like some organs that can be removed or fail and we can still stay alive via medicine or technology. So, yeah, you should take it very seriously.

If it’s diet, alcohol, and exercise/lifestyle induced - change all of those things and drop the excess body fat.

For exercise, walk as much as possible. A fast paced walk burns fat, jogging/running build your heart and lungs but don’t burn fat. If fat loss is the name of the game long frequent walks are your best friend.

Eat healthier, drink water, eliminate alcohol if you’re a drinker, maybe add some known fat burners like apple cider vinegar to your diet etc.

A complete lifestyle change with healthier habits and routines can truly turn things around and extend your life expectancy and quality of life significantly.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 9:37 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Wow. I've never met anyone else with it. Do you turn yellow sometimes?

Minimally, mostly just the eyes. I don't think mine is too bad, I just know because of lab tests. I avoid Tylenol and alcohol and try to be nice to my liver by eating infrequently and it definitely gets angry if I eat to much sugar.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 11:09 pm

More than 10 years ago, I used to go places. I had places to be, places I wanted to go, etc. I've been a college dropout since 2013. That's when everything changed and I started gaining weight. I was depressed as I was forced to give up on my dreams.

Now things are worse for me than ever. I don't go anywhere anymore. I'm stuck at home looking after the pets while everyone is at work. I barely get to go to antique shops or toy shows to look for old video games. I haven't been on a real away from home vacation in Years.

I can't find a diet that works because vegetables bother me both taste and texture. I eat oatmeal for breakfast along with a banana every day. I was so focused on my heart that I forgot about my liver.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.