Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2023, 11:20 pm

Kinda. Well, my Facebook name is named.

Cliffs:

Mentally unstable alcoholic woman filed a lawsuit against the beach's preservation society seeking $6000 + legal costs for slander/libel/defamation. Names my Facebook name for stating that I had seen messages she had written to others threatening them (fact) & because I posted a copy of a letter that was written to her uninviting her in advance from the Christmas party *because* she threatens people and causes drama/violence etc.. it's funny because she ASKED for the letter to be posted, then complained in a civil suit that posting the letter tarnished her reputation.

I'm not named as a defendant, so I won't likely have to show up to court but I'll gladly go give a sworn statement and all that if need be. She'll likely be counter sued by the society and lose. She has no money, so best thing that could happen is that in lieu of $ the society will reduce the amount owed by $x per consecutive year that she doesn't come back to the beach. :D

I guess we'll see how things shake out. Not concerned in the least bit as the only posts/comments I made were 100% factual and provable in court vs. defamatory. The entire thing has all of us laughing, really, but it IS a colossal waste of time for those that have to actually deal with it. In a perfect world it will result in her being legally barred from coming to the beach and causing further problems - which isn't entirely an impossible outcome.. others have been legally barred from going to the beach when they've agreed to those conditions in lieu of criminal charges for this offence or another. But afaik no one has ever gotten a lifetime ban.. but it would be sweet, sweet, justice if a judge were to review the threats and other awful communications she's sent several community members and then decided that the best way to prevent further problems would be for her to be legally barred from going there.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. :lol:

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 12:05 am

This is the climate we live in. You can be the problematic alcoholic beach staggerer who threatens other beachgoers and ruins their right to a nice relaxing visit, that they probably spent $$$ on to enjoy. And when they confront you, hold you accountable for your actions, refuse to put up with it any longer and share truthfully about what happened, you get to file suit. If it holds true to form, she'll probably win and the courts will set her up with her very own body guard to protect her right to disrupt everyone's day.

I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope she loses and gets sent to 6 months of inpatient.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 12:32 am

Sometimes the people with no money are more litigious than rich folks, because they can get Legal Aid to pay their expenses and they'll hope to win money too. Always beware the Legal Aid recipients who will milk the system dry on taxpayers' dollars.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 12:37 am

Most of us just spend time to enjoy the place, not much money besides the gas to get there.

We’re all super regulars at the beach where there are hundreds of people that are their most sunny days/evenings after work. There are also occasional visitors and tourists etc, but all of us know each other.

She has no case. She’s nuts. Cops already told her she others she has no case. But it’s not illegal to but nuts and file a lawsuit based on your own beliefs and perceptions. Cases get filed, if they make it to court, they get tossed out.

She’ll lose and probably be told to pay the society’s legal fees, but she has no money and will never pay. Best case scenario a judge bans her from the beach then maybe it’s worth the legal fees to defend.

Not my court case to defend nor legal fees to pay. The whole thing is just a waste of time & energy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 12:44 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Sometimes the people with no money are more litigious than rich folks, because they can get Legal Aid to pay their expenses and they'll hope to win money too. Always beware the Legal Aid recipients who will milk the system dry on taxpayers' dollars.

She has some sympathetic friend who’s a lawyer helping her write letters and file bs. She’s also taken a couple law classes and thinks she knows stuff - but it’s all projection.. accusing others of crimes she’s committed - it’s bizarre, especially with all the EVIDENCE she puts in writing - insults, threats etc. It was her messages to others that got her last lawsuit tossed out.

I don’t think she’s milking legal aid. She just has some lawyer friend that believes her nonsense about being bullied and ostracized when she’s the one bullying others so some ppl tell her to F off and get lost. She’s 1000x worse to have around than people who are simply socially awkward due to ASD, and the more she drinks the worse she gets anywhere she goes. She’s started fist fights at one of the local Legions.

Anyways, just figured I’d share mostly because drama is entertaining and I can share it here but not really talk too much about it on Facebook.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 2:02 am

goldfish21 wrote:
She has some sympathetic friend who’s a lawyer helping her write letters and file bs. She’s also taken a couple law classes and thinks she knows stuff - but it’s all projection.. accusing others of crimes she’s committed - it’s bizarre, especially with all the EVIDENCE she puts in writing - insults, threats etc. It was her messages to others that got her last lawsuit tossed out.
Some people who claim to be victims are the ones causing all the trouble -- usually for only themselves.
goldfish21 wrote:
I don’t think she’s milking legal aid. She just has some lawyer friend that believes her nonsense about being bullied and ostracized when she’s the one bullying others so some ppl tell her to F off and get lost. She’s 1000x worse to have around than people who are simply socially awkward due to ASD, and the more she drinks the worse she gets anywhere she goes. She’s started fist fights at one of the local Legions.
I have to wonder if that 'friend' of hers is (1) sincerely trying to help her, (2) humoring her to keep her out of worse trouble, or (3) running up an invoice on her tab now to have a little extra beer money later.
goldfish21 wrote:
Anyways, just figured I’d share mostly because drama is entertaining and I can share it here but not really talk too much about it on Facebook.
Please keep us posted!  Us retired folk need a little excitement to keep us health!

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 3:48 am

Maybe her lawyer friend is a moron that takes long shot cases in hopes that she might get paid ? I dunno.. but it does not take much fact finding to figure out her client is nuts and full of crap. Or maybe her lawyer friend is just stupid and believes the crazy nonsense she tells her ? It seems stupid morons become lawyers sometimes, too.. like the lawyer that represented the goof that filed fabricated allegations with the BC Human Rights Tribunal against me in 2014 - he was the same lawyer that represented the idiot we had evicted from my friends commercial building. That lawyer is nuts, too. It happens.

Here’s an update I didn’t include earlier:

When I got to the beach yesterday I was told about the lawsuit and texted a 5 page copy of her suit that’s a matter of public record and available for $6 apparently.

This eve she posted in one of the beach Fb groups (one run by a woman who’s sympathetic to her whining that she’s a victim of gender related abuse blah blah blah also nonsense) about people talking about her lawsuit etc so I commented on it, said I’d read it as a copy was sent to me.. someone else said I had to post it now that I mentioned it lol so I tagged her and said let’s respectfully ask her. She responded and said she had no opposition to it being posted, so I did. Now anyone that reads that thread can read it and Most people who know anything about her drama know it’s all crazy bs.

Just thought it was extra funny to post with her permission considering she ASKED for another letter to be posted then complained about it in this suit. :lol:

Of course I have screen shots of both instances of her asking for the letter to be posted and responding saying she had no issues with this being posted. A bit of “poking the bear,” for sure, but 100% well within the law and Not defaming/libelling her regardless of what she claims. If she’s going to waste peoples time and money we may as well at least be entertained for it! 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 4:13 am

While I might imply that a lawyer's motive might sometimes be less than honorable, I am reluctant to openly accuse any lawyer of being on the lower portion of the intelligence spectrum.

Regardless, the woman seems to be more concerned with being believed than with telling the truth.  I hope the judge decides rightly -- against her -- and declares her case is lacking both substance and merit.

Best of luck to you, Goldie!

:thumleft:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 4:31 am

Thx ? I’m not a defendant, though, so no real luck needed. My name was simply mentioned. (incorrectly - she stated that I was posting on behalf of the society; which I was not as I am not on the board.)

So far all I have to do with it is be entertained by it along with everyone else. Hopefully some judge gives her some kind of legal smackdown and tells her to f all the way off and stop wasting the court’s time.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 3:03 pm

lol the.. odd woman that runs that fb group deleted the 5 pages of filings and posted an all caps comment stating "DO NOT POST LEGAL DOCUMENTS ON THIS PUBLIC FORUM" - which is pretty funny.. as it seems she doesn't know how legal document filings work.. they're a matter of public record and anyone can read them. Further, the woman that posted the thread said anyone could go read them for $6 and that maybe someone would post them.. and then I asked for, and received, her permission to post it before I did.. what a strange duck. I refrained from replying but I hope someone else comments about how stupid that is. :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 6:38 pm

Quote:
. . . I hope someone else comments about how stupid SHE is.
There!  Corrected it for you!

:wink: Note that I removed your name from the quote.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 9:17 pm

Oh dear. I hope things get better for you, soon.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 10:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Oh dear. I hope things get better for you, soon.

My name is just mentioned in it - mind you, with false/fabricated allegations. I never slandered, libelled, or defamed this woman. But I’m not being sued so it’s not my problem. I’m simply going to provide a statement of facts via email that may be enough, and if they need further I’ll go sign an affidavit. No big deal. 8)