Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 29 Sep 2023
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 355
Location: melbourne, australia

28 Nov 2023, 6:37 pm

My attention span varies, if it's something I'm interested in I can pay attention for hours on end.
If I'm not interested, I can only handle one topic or activity for about half an hour.

What is your attention span?



DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,260
Location: Dorset

28 Nov 2023, 6:46 pm

Sorry, what was the question again?


_________________
Bwark!


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,636
Location: Chez Quis

28 Nov 2023, 6:48 pm

I think it says somewhere in here, but I don't know what it means.


Image


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2022
Age: 30
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 1,263
Location: USA

28 Nov 2023, 6:48 pm

Short ish unless I'm interested or have incentive to listen.


_________________
ASD, most likely have dyscalculia & BPD as well. Also dx'd ADHD-C, but don't think it's accurate.
RAADs: 104 | ASQ: 30 | Aspie Quiz: 116/200 (84% probability of being atypical)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,636
Location: Chez Quis

28 Nov 2023, 6:52 pm

Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 25,503
Location: Right over your left shoulder

28 Nov 2023, 6:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.


I'd anticipate it means the score was flawed and therefore doesn't count. To get a viable score they'd need to reevaluate.

My attention span is a planck length and time.


_________________
Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,125
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Nov 2023, 7:27 pm

I never stop daydreaming & my daydreams switch at least every couple minutes as well but oddly I also pay attention at the same time I'm daydreaming. My issue with performing tasks is if the task becomes complicated & difficult, my body gets sore or tired, if something else comes up that distracts me, or if I need to stop to do something else.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 68,636
Location: Chez Quis

28 Nov 2023, 7:36 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.


I'd anticipate it means the score was flawed and therefore doesn't count. To get a viable score they'd need to reevaluate.

My attention span is a planck length and time.



My reaction time: 1081 vs. 35. LOLLLLLL


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,341
Location: United Kingdom

28 Nov 2023, 7:53 pm

I'm not sure how it would be measured exactly, but I have ADHD, so boring tasks cause my mind to wander.

The longer I am awake for any length of time and the closer to sleep that I move toward, the less strong my attention is. I think that is normal though?

By the time I ready to sleep, I can barely concentrate, versus when I start the day.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,125
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Nov 2023, 8:06 pm

I thought of an analogy to explain my attention span. My attention is like a duel-core computer processor. One core is dedicated to daydreaming. Multiple daydream programs are running at once but that core can only process one daydream at a time so it keeps switching between them. The other core is dedicated to whatever tasks I'm performing & if I'm doing multiple tasks, it switches between them.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2022
Age: 30
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 1,263
Location: USA

28 Nov 2023, 9:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.

My working memory is definitely below average.


_________________
ASD, most likely have dyscalculia & BPD as well. Also dx'd ADHD-C, but don't think it's accurate.
RAADs: 104 | ASQ: 30 | Aspie Quiz: 116/200 (84% probability of being atypical)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 25,503
Location: Right over your left shoulder

28 Nov 2023, 11:15 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lol - Just noticed my working memory was zero.

kdfjs;dkfjsdkfjs;


But then it says Valid Score? No.

I have no idea what that means.


I'd anticipate it means the score was flawed and therefore doesn't count. To get a viable score they'd need to reevaluate.

My attention span is a planck length and time.



My reaction time: 1081 vs. 35. LOLLLLLL


If that's in milliseconds I'd assume you were distracted for at least a second. :P


_________________
Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 25,503
Location: Right over your left shoulder

28 Nov 2023, 11:43 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I'm not sure how it would be measured exactly, but I have ADHD, so boring tasks cause my mind to wander.

The longer I am awake for any length of time and the closer to sleep that I move toward, the less strong my attention is. I think that is normal though?

By the time I ready to sleep, I can barely concentrate, versus when I start the day.


I'm kinda the opposite, I need a few hours to fully boot-up mentally.

On the other hand, I can often sustain focus on some sorts of activities until I'm literally nodding off. I can be at >32 hours since I last slept and still hyperfocusing on whatever it was that caught my attention.


_________________
Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,341
Location: United Kingdom

29 Nov 2023, 9:48 am

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
I'm not sure how it would be measured exactly, but I have ADHD, so boring tasks cause my mind to wander.

The longer I am awake for any length of time and the closer to sleep that I move toward, the less strong my attention is. I think that is normal though?

By the time I ready to sleep, I can barely concentrate, versus when I start the day.


I'm kinda the opposite, I need a few hours to fully boot-up mentally.

On the other hand, I can often sustain focus on some sorts of activities until I'm literally nodding off. I can be at >32 hours since I last slept and still hyperfocusing on whatever it was that caught my attention.


32 hours since you last slept? That seems a long, long time. Do you struggle with insomnia? :o



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 113,547
Location: Stalag 13

29 Nov 2023, 9:56 am

I have a very poor attention span when doing something that I'm not interested in.


_________________
Who wants to adopt a Sweet Pea?


Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2021
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,307
Location: Manchester, UK

29 Nov 2023, 10:14 am

It's about...


_________________
Diagnosed with ADHD - Inattentive type and undiagnosed aspergers.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).