Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 12:14 pm

Do you have a will? I don't, but should I have one?

My dad had (and probably still has) me in his will as the inheritor of everything he owns. My mother never got around to writing a will but also said a few times that I would get everything she owned. I really don't care that much. I'm not about to bump someone off for their stuff! I feel awful though that someone like me is the closest person to them! They don't have anyone else really. My father has no one else-- yeah, friends and acquaintances but none close; they're just people he hangs around with shallowly, and has a blast, but still. My mother has no friends, jsut acquaintances and sort-of-friends who are more like acquaintances/coffee companions and use her according to her.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

31 Aug 2007, 12:19 pm

I have told my sister she can have all my junk if I kick the bucket.
You must be feeling depressed to bring up such a topic.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 12:21 pm

No; I'm just very curious! :)

I'm not that kind of person... UGH! I'd just tell someone they could have all my junk, like you. :)

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 2:02 pm

In my will, everything goes to

Society for the
Preservation and
Enhancement of the
Recognition of
Millard
Fillmore,
Last
Of the
Whigs

edal
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 3:27 pm

Sorry to shout but.............

EVERYBODY OVER 18 SHOULD MAKE A WILL ! !! !

The reason for this is that people who die without a will end up with all their money and possessions going to the government, it's called dying intestate. Do you want the government to have all your money? Didn't think so.

Ed Almos

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 3:30 pm

No; they just track down your next of kin if they don't find them immediately, but unfortunately, they keep the money that they used to track them down. :( At least it's like that here in Canada. :)

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 3:34 pm

My father has not shown me his will and I have no idea if he has even written one. He probably hasn't, and in that case, all his property (f***ing loads) will go to his dear Mum, or me if his Mum dies. My Mum... I really don't know, but its a sensitive issue right now. I'm thinking about writing a will :lol: because knowing me... yeah.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

31 Aug 2007, 3:45 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:
My father has not shown me his will and I have no idea if he has even written one. He probably hasn't, and in that case, all his property (f***ing loads) will go to his dear Mum, or me if his Mum dies. My Mum... I really don't know, but its a sensitive issue right now. I'm thinking about writing a will :lol: because knowing me... yeah.

That reminds me my father has a life insurance policy on me and said I was worth more dead than alive.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 3:52 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
That reminds me my father has a life insurance policy on me and said I was worth more dead than alive.

Oh dear. My father would be worth more to me dead than alive, only if I inherit his "riches". :lol: Perhaps I should have replaced shoe with a frozen chicken. Then, after killing him, I could eat the chicken and be happy. Yay.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 3:53 pm

That's awful, TM1! You'd better get far away from him, fast, if you're not already! Seriously, I really onder about people who put life insurance policies on others!

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 8:12 pm

I wrote my will after my mom died without one.

Dying without a will makes things much harder on the people you leave behind.