Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 6:14 pm

I almost replied to this until I saw it was created in 2007. 8O

Otenboss
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jan 2015, 4:07 am

I have been struggling with general ennui and chronic boredom for the majority of my life thus far. I usually choose eating and drinking to alleviate most of this boredom, which is terrible for my health and self esteem (as it messes with my weight). I just had an "episode", as I like to call them, last night wherefore I became so bored throughout the day that I became desperate to do anything to get out of it. I'd describe it as a sense of feeling nothing, no excitement, no feeling at all. So I almost ate an entire pizza by myself, drank too heavily, and ended up waking up at 3 in the morning to puke because it was too uncomfortable. I often hope for odd things like a meteor crash on civilization, or some alien invasion, just to break up this monstrously mundane lifestyle we have in the modern age (i.e. shopping, retail, suburbia, mortgages, retirement plans, credit scores, going to the gym, counting calories, etc). The only thing I enjoy is watching Doctor Who or Sherlock. I'm trying currently to get into taking online science courses for free, because I'm starting to understand that I'm intellectually understimulated. People to me are excessively dull, maybe squeezing out a bit of average intelligence in conversation, and most challenges are tedious and annoying (paperwork, schedules, trying to figure out a career path but finding that most of my financial options are extraordinarily limited because the United States is a ridiculous place to live, that sort of thing). I sometimes look around me and wonder, why did we choose to leave our either agrarian or hunter gatherer roots for constant boredom? I know that sounds pretty dramatic, but I can't help it. 8O