Page 6 of 8 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,344
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

02 Jan 2015, 9:57 pm

I love bacon so much , I can eat it every day. :D


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 89,335
Location: the island of defective toy santas

02 Jan 2015, 10:02 pm

if somebody invented a healthy [no cholesterol] bacon, I would be first in line.



Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,934
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

03 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm

I LOVVVVVVE bacon----I could easily eat half a pound, at one sitting!! Unfortunately, I can't take the grease, now----and, even though I drain it, and put it in paper towels, it still "gets" me. I miss it, so.....



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 89,335
Location: the island of defective toy santas

04 Jan 2015, 12:03 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I LOVVVVVVE bacon----I could easily eat half a pound, at one sitting!! Unfortunately, I can't take the grease, now----and, even though I drain it, and put it in paper towels, it still "gets" me. I miss it, so.....

what if you cooked it in an air cooker?



wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,620

04 Jan 2015, 12:59 am

Irulan wrote:
Do you know how I understood the title of this thread having read it? :twisted: I was sure you're asking who likes this gentleman: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Bacon 8O


I'm not the only one!



Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,681
Location: vwohie harzaie

04 Jan 2015, 1:06 am

In moderation.


_________________
❄join my discord pls❄

JE SUIS UN HOMME

not currently a moderator.


cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,231
Location: northeast US

04 Jan 2015, 2:00 am

i think bacon is numbly, but haven't bought it in years due to two things:

high saturated fat - heart disease and strokes

nitrates - colon cancer



softlyspeaks41
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 257
Location: Marietta Pennsylvania

04 Jan 2015, 2:04 am

I do like it, and recently tried another, healthier variety..turkey bacon. I think it's just as good as the regular. And much less greasy.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 89,335
Location: the island of defective toy santas

04 Jan 2015, 2:05 am

cathylynn wrote:
i think bacon is numbly, but haven't bought it in years due to two things: high saturated fat - heart disease and strokes nitrates - colon cancer

have you tried faux bacon?



cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,231
Location: northeast US

04 Jan 2015, 2:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
i think bacon is numbly, but haven't bought it in years due to two things: high saturated fat - heart disease and strokes nitrates - colon cancer

have you tried faux bacon?

don't know where i'd get it.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 89,335
Location: the island of defective toy santas

04 Jan 2015, 3:03 am

cathylynn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
i think bacon is numbly, but haven't bought it in years due to two things: high saturated fat - heart disease and strokes nitrates - colon cancer

have you tried faux bacon?

don't know where i'd get it.

also known as facon, vacon or veggie bacon, it is made by several firms, most notably by Morningstar farms, so any supermarket in your area that carries Morningstar farms products will likely have their version of it. also, these people make their own kind-
http://www.lightlife.com/Vegan-Food-Veg ... Bacon.html

and this page has a vegan bacon recipe that sounds interesting-
http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegan-bacon/



Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 965
Location: Orange County, CA

04 Jan 2015, 3:23 am

I'm a vegetarian. :(

But were I not, I would say yes. I always enjoyed bacon, particularly when its burnt to a crisp. I've had different kinds of vegetarian bacon, some which taste like cardboard and some which taste pretty darn close, but there's nothing that can accurately capture the magic of the original.

The one thing I don't like? How bacon has somehow become a meme. Really, that's the power of the internet: it can even make something like bacon become annoying.



felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,051
Location: israel

04 Jan 2015, 8:29 am

Grease dripping. too much fat. but can be eaten on occasions in small portions with other things like potatoes and eggs.


_________________
Blogging about childhood and adulthood with Asperger and my own personl experience with rage attacks, shutdowns, social phobias etc. https://aspergerlifeblog.wordpress.com/


Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,934
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

04 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I LOVVVVVVE bacon----I could easily eat half a pound, at one sitting!! Unfortunately, I can't take the grease, now----and, even though I drain it, and put it in paper towels, it still "gets" me. I miss it, so.....

what if you cooked it in an air cooker?


Huh? DO tell!!

softlyspeaks41 wrote:
I do like it, and recently tried another, healthier variety..turkey bacon. I think it's just as good as the regular. And much less greasy.


Oh, I'm glad you posted that! I've been wanting to try it, but I haven't been brave enough, yet. I tried turkey pepperoni, and it was okay----but, it was a bit tough.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 89,335
Location: the island of defective toy santas

04 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I LOVVVVVVE bacon----I could easily eat half a pound, at one sitting!! Unfortunately, I can't take the grease, now----and, even though I drain it, and put it in paper towels, it still "gets" me. I miss it, so.....

what if you cooked it in an air cooker?


Huh? DO tell!!

it's just that I watched this late night infomercial once that showed bacon cooking in a tabletop air cooker device, all the fat just drained from it, it was well-done, just final dab dry with paper towel, and it was much less unhealthy to eat that way. it is sort of like broiling or roasting but not in its own fat like frying in a pan would do.