Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2016, 8:43 am

What character were you and why?

I've cosplayed:

Near from Death Note (female version), my cousin was supposed to go as Giovanni, we had his costume and everything, but he got sick! I was also Near for this Halloween and handed out candy. No-one knew who I was lol.
Jin from BlazBlue (female version).
Chun-Li from Street Fighter.
Hit Girl from Kick Ass.

I feel like Near resonated with me the most, he was the easiest to cosplay. A lot of people I know hate Near and liked L better, but Near's why of thinking and his ideals resonates more with me. :X

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. - Lao Tzu

Riik
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2016, 1:05 pm

Does going to primary school dressed as Harry Potter one time count?

A life without tea is a life not worth living.
Latest Aspie Quiz: AS - 151, NT - 38 / RAADS-R: 195 / AQ: 38

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 1:33 pm

I cosplay as Sergeant Schultz maybe about three times a week with both the helmet and what military coat I was able to find. The other three to four times I wear the helmet with regular looking unisex type clothes. There are times that I don't do it when I visit my parents 1-2 times a month.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 2:37 pm

I've been Rose Tyler from Doctor Who and Gwen Cooper from Torchwood. They are two of my favorite characters ever and two of my role models. I was Rose for a local Comic-Con and Gwen this past Halloween :D

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 2:44 pm

I cosplayed Link one year for Halloween, I think when I was 7. I'm not sure who I could successfully cosplay now.

SparkyCosmos
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Mar 2016, 2:50 pm

I dressed as Kazuhira/Master Miller from the Metal Gear Solid series once for Halloween. Funny thing is my friend also went as Naked Snake, and it wasn't planned between us. Talk about a coincidence. 8)

I also went as Detective Gumshoe from Ace Attorney the next year, but since I was at my aunt's Halloween party, I highly doubted anyone there was familiar with the series so I just said I was a detective to keep things simple.

Noura4eva
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2016, 2:51 pm

My Daughter who has M E,loves cosplay and we went to our first comic con last year.
She dressed as harley quinn, and my other daughter as poison ivy. My son went as someone called L i think ?
And my grandsons were batman and robin.
Few weeks ago she cosplayed as Castiel from Supernatural, at rai con.

Next comic con I will cosplay for the first time, hopefully as No face from spirited away, but not sure what the rest are going as

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2016, 5:16 pm

Riik wrote:
Does going to primary school dressed as Harry Potter one time count?

Yes!

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. - Lao Tzu

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2016, 5:17 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I cosplayed Link one year for Halloween, I think when I was 7. I'm not sure who I could successfully cosplay now.

Fantastic! You made me remember I was Sonic the Hedgehog for Halloween when I was 7 LOL.

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2016, 5:20 pm

SparkyCosmos wrote:
I dressed as Kazuhira/Master Miller from the Metal Gear Solid series once for Halloween. Funny thing is my friend also went as Naked Snake, and it wasn't planned between us. Talk about a coincidence. 8)

I also went as Detective Gumshoe from Ace Attorney the next year, but since I was at my aunt's Halloween party, I highly doubted anyone there was familiar with the series so I just said I was a detective to keep things simple.

LOL that is awesome for both. Someone wanted me to cosplay the detective with amnesia from 999.

Zaye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2016, 5:22 pm

Noura4eva wrote:
My Daughter who has M E,loves cosplay and we went to our first comic con last year.
She dressed as harley quinn, and my other daughter as poison ivy. My son went as someone called L i think ?
And my grandsons were batman and robin.
Few weeks ago she cosplayed as Castiel from Supernatural, at rai con.

Next comic con I will cosplay for the first time, hopefully as No face from spirited away, but not sure what the rest are going as

L is from the same series Near is from. Death Note. Hooray L. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Mar 2016, 10:16 pm

I never had any desire too. I never got pretend play as a kid & I'm not into fantasy or the cosplay culture.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mattoid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Mar 2016, 3:46 pm

No, but I would totally go as Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop. I'd have to slim down first, of course.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 114 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

MBTI Type: INFP
Enneagram Type: 4w5

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2016, 8:21 pm

I've already cosplayed Eyeless Jack and Ticci Toby (creepypasta characters). At the moment I'm gathering stuff for my Leatherface costume which I want to wear on a convention in June.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 8:56 pm

I've played hunchbacks ( ... of Notre Dame, of course ... ) and monks at ren fairs ... androids at sflarps ... that's about it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 4:45 pm

Yes, I cosplay. I do Bridget from Guilty Gear. Because apparently I'm not strange enough to begin with.

I look like this:

Surely I'll regret posting that later. But for now while I'm under the effects of caffiene, I figure, why the heck not.

Try not to laugh TOO hard.