Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 4:12 pm

Looking back over my old post from the 1st page in this thread... I can't believe it's only been 3 years since my dog was put to sleep! It feels like she's been gone forever.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 8:25 pm

My younger brother - suicide by hanging (2010)
My maternal grandfather - pneumonia (1997)
Long-time neighbour & family friend - pneumonia & punctured lung (2010)
Long-time neighbour - cancer (2007)
Long-time neighbour wife - cancer (2009)
Classmate in grade 9 - died in car crash (2002)
Classmate in grade 7 & 8 - murdered by knife (2004)
Paternal Great-aunt - natural (2010)
Paternal Great-uncle - natural (2006)
Neighbour, daughter of neighbour & family friend - cancer (2010)
Grade six teacher - cancer (1999)
Co-worker at grout plant - heart attack (2006)
Maternal Great-Aunt - pneumonia (1991)
Boss at the bar I worked at - heart attack (2010)

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2010, 12:20 am

Xelebes wrote:
My younger brother - suicide by hanging (2010)

You have my utmost condolences. :( I have a younger brother myself, and I would be absolutely devastated if something like that happened to him.

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2010, 1:38 am

my uncle died not quite a year ago from cancer and my cousin died because of meth about a month ago. Those are the 2 most recent deaths I have had to deal with.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 11:09 am

Yesterday died my uncle Marian, he was 73 and mom's first cousin. He bled from his anus. The family suspects he had an embolism. I saw him for the last time when I was like 12 from what I remember but my mom knew him well.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 11:15 am

My grandmother in 2007. She died of pancreatic cancer. I was devastated when she died. See, I was out in St. Louis at the time, and on the 4th of July my dad called me, telling me that she passed away. I went to the funeral, and walking back to her house, that's when "it" started again.

Epiphany28
Raven
Raven

19 Oct 2010, 12:51 pm

grandma-stroke
grandpa-heart attacks
grandpa-old age
uncle-cancer
uncle-emphysema
aunt-cancer
cousin-run over by diesel
cousin-suicide a few days later^
2nd cousin-SIDS
middle school friend-Car accident
high school friend-hit by diesel
work customer-herat attack
horses-colic, cancer
old family friend ("uncle")-Over-dose
old family friend ("uncle")-Over-dose
old family friend ("uncle")-Heart attack

.... That's a lot for only being 24.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 9:38 am

Last year there died some guy who was mom's workmate and he always helped me with my computer when it needed to get fixed. He had stomach cancer.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 9:44 am

A boy who I went to school with died when I first started going to college. He was on his way to visit his girlfriend.

My uncle got murdered when I was 19 years old. He was shot and killed and the murderer just hid his body in the woods. That was a big blow to our family, I was really close to him.

My grandma died a few years ago after suffering from a stroke and just moving into a nursing home. I was really close to her because she lived with me through my whole life. Things haven't been the same for me since.

A co-worker I worked with in the infant room at a daycare in High River died while she was sleeping.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 10:41 am

Very few. There's not much crime and dramatic incidences where I live. I'm bad at thinking about people who have died.. but I think it was because of Alzheimers and cancer. Alzheimers is horrible.. My grandfather may have been one of the best who has ever lived :(

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 10:48 am

All my grandparents who died of natural causes. Also, an old school friend of mine who commited suicide last year.

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2012, 11:12 am

-Grandpa Bob in 2004 (Dad;s father)
-My cousin killed in a car crash. along with his dog another one to cancer, and one killed herself after one of her children died.
-Someone I knew from 5th grade school who jumped from a bridge after being bullied and ignored in HS which made news.
-My friends girfriend and her motehr killed when she got into a car crash and into a tree which fell on them.
- 2 people I knew died when they were in a single car wreck which killed them and injured the other2 badly.
- A family me and my dad knew the daughter died in a crash at 16.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Sep 2012, 7:51 pm

My grandpa on my dad's side died when I was in 4th grade. He had heart & some other organ problems towards the end.
My grandma on my dad's side died a few years ago. She had some kind of cancer.
I wasn't close to either of them. I knew other people who died but I didn't know them well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 9:17 pm

There hasn't been a lot of death in my family (thank goodness) but my grandmother (father's side) who was in her 90's, died about a week before Mother's Day, and my uncle Jackie, who hasn't been doing well for quite some time, died this summer. My parents have been taking me out more than usual this summer and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I hope neither of them are dying! Maybe it was just my imagination but my mother seemed sort of upset on Thursday even though it was my grandmother's (Mom's side, of course) birthday, and she went to get her a cake. She usually saves me a piece, but this time she didn't...my grandfather (Mom's side, my grandfather on my dad's side passed when I was around 8) has dementia, maybe that has something to do with it.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

09 Sep 2012, 9:19 pm

My grandpa on my dad's side (1998)
My grandpa on my mom's side (2006)
My aunt's wife (2008)
My former para-ed assistant in Middle School (hit me really bad- June 2012)

Casstranquility
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2012, 11:14 pm

My mom's mother died on July 17th, 2002. She was already fading away before that. I went to her funeral and saw her body, I think I blocked it out, all I can remember is how cold she was.
My dad's mother died November of last year. I saw her at the end of May or June and I knew that was the last time I would see her, she was skinny and losing her grip on reality but she still told me that she loved me.
Two great-uncles on my dad's side of the family. I knew them because they owned the farm my dad worked on for over 40 years, I used to go to that farm and help with chores and visit my grandma (his mom).
My aunt's most long-standing boyfriend. He was always nice to me, I cared about him like an uncle.
An elderly woman I was friends with from church. She used to hold Bible studies at her home. I went to her funeral, even though I kind of watched it from another building because I don't like being around many people and the church was supposed to be crowded.
The mother of two children that I knew from church. I didn't know her much though, just her kids.
The husband of a woman I liked who I also met at church.
A neighbor was shot and killed by his wife's lover. I didn't know him well but he was a classmate's father and I did go over to their house sometimes.

A few people I met at school have passed away over the years, they were not my classmates, but a couple were my younger brother's classmates.

Since someone else mentioned pets: My dad and my older brother's cat, Big Boy passed away on June 26th, 2007. I loved him even though he wasn't my cat, I helped take care of him. My cat, Whitie, passed away on August 30th, 2008. She was my first pet, I think I lost a part of myself when she died.

Let us comfort each other, and move tenderly when we are able. Let us hold hands and walk bravely, or fearfully together; for as long as there is Love, there is Hope, that everything will be okay, including the things we say are not.