How Fast Have You Ever Gone In A Car Or On A Bike?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2007, 11:07 am

I have gone over 40 mph on my bicycle, had a speedometer at the time. It is pretty terrifying at that speed because one slight twitch or little rock or bump in the road could send you flying off the bike with potential terrible results. I was going on this exercise trail paralleling a main road and was passing the cars going the speed limit. It had some nice hills in it that made it like a roller coaster.

Chase35
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Oct 2007, 2:12 pm

My uncle once let me drive his pickup in a field and I drove as fast as I could.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 2:28 pm

Ive gone 120 something in a ford taurus on the highway before.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2007, 6:02 pm

username88 wrote:
Ive gone 120 something in a ford taurus on the highway before.

I didn't know a Ford Taurus could even go that fast. :P I feel like I would have to floor the accelerator in my car just to get it above 100. I could get going pretty fast down a hill though.

Jimbogf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2007, 6:16 pm

marshall wrote:
I fell off my bike going 30 mph down a hill when I was 12. I hit a sand patch and started going out of control so that the only option was to jump off the bike. Thank god I was wearing a helmet because when I touched the ground I flipped over a few times and smacked my head on the pavement. Luckily I didn't break anything but I tore up my clothes and skinned the whole right side of my body very badly. I literally had hunks of skin hanging off me. I'm never going that fast on a bike ever again.

Ouch, I did the same thing when I was about that age except I fell on a gravel driveway. I was probably going a about 20 though. I was plucking out rocks embedded in my skin afterwards.

I went about at least maybe 40 mph on a mountain bike down a steep fire road at Capitol Forest in WA state :wink: about a month and a half ago. It was crazy! that speed on a mountain bike down a dirt road, eyes gushing out tears turbulence howling in my ears. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to slow down enough before a turn and end up careening down a mountain side. But it was great, heart pumping adrenaline rush.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 11:11 am

I'm reviving this because I've gone faster as a driver than ever before

70MPH driving a Vauxhall Zafira (as full license holder)

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 2:12 pm

I was in the back seat, so I couldn't see the speedometer, but we were going down a hilly street once in the middle of the night and we did one of those things you see in movies where the car goes up the hill and leaves the ground for a few seconds...scary as heck :x :x :x

All you can see through the windshield is sky @_@

Dunno how fast I've gone on a bike, but I've been down a hill in this nearby trailerpark, it's about a 45% degree angle (sucks going back up it), and I went so fast, that I went past a sprinkler, and got a drop of water in my eye...hurt quite a bit :x

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 2:23 pm

80 on my oldsmobile, which is now destroyed. 90 is as high as she would have gone. It was kind of exciting, yet dangerous, feeling the metal shell wobble and shake with more speed. (I didn't crash. Water got into the engine some how.)

96 on my 2005 corola. I don't do it just sometimes either. :twisted:

Used to do 35 or so on my little bycicle, till I crashes in loose dirt and took skin out of my elbow down to the meat. Didn't hurt surprisingly, but it scared me since. :) AFter all, my body skidded 14 feet or so.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 2:53 pm

I had my neighbors motorcycle up to 120 mph before, but I never owned anything that would go faster than that. So, 120 is my record for now.

Those who know, don't speak.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 3:02 pm

My car starts acting up if I get past 80MPH, so that takes care of that.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 3:03 pm

I was late picking a friend up from the airport so topped 200km/h on the autobahn. It felt a little bit scary, because in some places the road surface was a bit uneven so the steering wheel wobbled a bit.

I did realise how fast it was, because I don't really think in kilometres, so it wasn't until afterwards that I realised I done more than 120, nearly 130 mph!

Today I exceeded 170 km/h on a 120 stretch, that's just over 100mph. My bad. :oops: :lol:

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 3:06 pm

In high school, I maxed out my truck at 120 mph every day as I left. 8)

I look back on it now and think "God I was such an idiot."

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 10:17 pm

105mph in a Toyota GTR, behind someone who really @#$'d me off...fortunately I came to my senses...I was much younger then...;)

I've done about 500mph, though the pilot was flying, I was just along for the ride, in several jets...;)

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 10:21 pm

88 MPH in a DeLorean, but I don't reckon I got the old Chevy over 85 ever.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2009, 10:24 pm

In a car- 160. Terrifying and thrilling at the same time. On a bike(bicycle)-43 down a hill. Also terrifying and thrilling.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 10:47 pm

I want to break at least 150 mph someday, whether it be on a motorcycle or in a car. It would be tough to do in my area though, with mostly twisty mountain roads. Hmm...my best bet would be on a motorcycle because they accelerate so much faster(unless you have a supercar). :chin: 8)

Those who know, don't speak.