Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 12:07 pm

Back in 2003 when I was 13 i went on holiday from my native England to florida.

Me and my dad got into a quiet argument on the plane cause i don't think anyone else was aware of it although an air hostess did look a bit annoyed at me.

I told a friend about what happened and he said "an airo plane is the worst place to have an argument"

Why is a plane the worst place to argue then?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 12:50 pm

Because everyone can hear you and no one can leave. Neither person in the argument can leave, either. It's terribly bad manners to have an argument in an enclosed space like that, especially a loud one that disrupts others peace or sleep.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 2:55 pm

Everyone is really paranoid because of 9/11. They think anyone who acts the least bit unusual must have bombs hidden somewhere among their person that the radar somehow missed.

And being trapped on a plane a million miles above ground closely packed with other people I don't even know is bad enough, even if they behave quietly and pleasantly. I even hate the bus, but at least I can get off.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 3:07 pm

So much stimulus that can negatively affect anyone on a plane, not just people on the spectrum. First, way too crowded & the smells and sounds of the crowd can't be blocked out. That alone raises agitation levels. Then the air is super dry, the 'ground' is constantly moving or shaking and it's so fatiguing that by the time the flight is over many people have a slight ringing or hissing in their ears. All of which can result in an argument escalating past what it normally would in a different environment.

Then you have the social aspect of no privacy and an expectation to make yourself not impose on others both due to the crowded conditions.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 10:12 pm

Place : Mississippi.

Why : Top 5 worst in almost everything.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 10:41 pm

There are nice places in Mississippi, too.

There are lousy places in “nice” states.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 10:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are nice places in Mississippi, too.

There are lousy places in “nice” states.

Agreed. Every state has good and bad spots, it all depends on what appeals to you.

Personally I think I would feel very out of place in a huge city like New York or LA.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 2:30 am

...Remember that old James Bond movie " Goldfinger "? :lol:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!