Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 2:38 am

Who here likes being warm?
Or not?

I don't like being warm. I like being a bit cold, but most of the time, I cannot even feel the cold. I can walk outside in 5 Celsius in a T-shirt without feeling it.

What about you?

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 2:40 am

in canada you gotta like being warm :lol:

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 2:52 am

Hahahaha in the UK you've got to like being cold and wet.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 4:29 am

I dislike high summer. Im fine in the British winter though, as long as its not wet, windy, and cold. It feels much warmer in the alps just because of the lack of wind and rain.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 5:42 am

I love the heat. I have a big fluffy doonah that I am still using (and it's summer). It can get a bit too much if the cat snuggles up as well... I think that pushes it over the limit. But I use a doonah even when it gets to the 20's at night.

We get a lovely dry heat here in Perth. It gets a bit sucky when you are blocked off from the sea breeze, but its a beautiful thing.

Haven't had too many days of 40+ in recent years, except for the 44 we got last summer. But high 30's are my favourite days.

For the USers, 40 = 104

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 5:45 am

SteelMaiden wrote:
Who here likes being warm?
Or not?

I don't like being warm. I like being a bit cold, but most of the time, I cannot even feel the cold. I can walk outside in 5 Celsius in a T-shirt without feeling it.

What about you?
I do not like hot and humid weather like what we're getting here now. I wouldn't like really cold weather either but winters here are usually very pleasant.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

14 Dec 2007, 7:05 am

I don't mind being hot. If it is hot and humid at that same time though, that is enough to make me severely agitated.
Lately in NZ it has been hot and humid...very hard to bare.

I do prefer being in cold places, such as the bottom of the north Island in NZ, or an ice skating arena. To me, what everyone else feels as cold, I seem to feel comfortable in that environment.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 2:14 pm

Brittany2907 wrote:
I do prefer being in cold places, such as the bottom of the north Island in NZ, or an ice skating arena. To me, what everyone else feels as cold, I seem to feel comfortable in that environment.

Same here. My ascendants are people who wear t-shirts and shorts in December in the UK, but they live in Cyprus. I think I can relate my natural body heat to the fact that I am rather hairy for a woman.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 2:35 pm

When I'm cold to the bone, I like warmth. When I'm hot and sweaty, which living in Florida is most often, I like cold.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Dec 2007, 6:45 pm

I certainly prefer being warm to cold, in fact after I get off of WP I am snuggling up in my sleeping bag, my very fancy, expencive thermal one and enjoying that all night.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 6:54 pm

I'm always cold, I can never get warm. I hate it. I love being warm...

...but not tooooo warm.

I seem to have limits, and as soon as I breach those limits I go into meltdown. Like, I walk to work and start off freezing, which I am for most of the day, so I wear about 3 jumpers and a big coat (plus gloves, scarf, hat etc) on the way. But as soon as I get to the office, which is heated, it all comes off and I'll be roasting and unbearably hot for 20mins. Then I cool down and the layers come back on and I sit with the heater on next to me (on top of the heating in the office and building) for the rest of the day, shivering like mad, trying desperately to get warm.

But at the same time, if I get too warm, I go into overdrive and try desperately to get cooler.

I think I'm just not acclimatised to the UK yet, I find it unbearably cold. NZ is cold but the part I'm from gets really hot in summer, like up to the mid-30s, so I'm used to the heat. I hate the weather here.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 8:37 pm

I like being warm. It's so cold here in England at the moment. I wish I was in warmer climes. :(

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 8:38 pm

Tequila wrote:
I like being warm. It's so cold here in England at the moment. I wish I was in warmer climes. :(

I know how you feel.

I'm currently sleeping with the heating on all night, plus a hottie, plus 2 queen size duvets and a goose down sleeping bag unzipped. Still cold. :(

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2007, 3:23 am

I like being warm especially at the moment when it is hard to find a place where i live that is not freezing.

:lol:

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

Location: not in my house not in my street not in my shool but in my own world

15 Dec 2007, 4:30 am

SteelMaiden wrote:
I cannot even feel the cold. I can walk outside in 5 Celsius in a T-shirt without feeling it.

me too!

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 10:51 am

I certainly prefer being warm to being cold. My circulation is poor in any case, so when I get cold, I get really cold. At least with warmth I can feel my fingertips....