Page 4087 of 7510 [ 120158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4084, 4085, 4086, 4087, 4088, 4089, 4090 ... 7510  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 7:10 am

Why at 10pm the night before my working week starts do I realise I still have a load of work clothes to wash? This happens every weekend. Thank goodness for dryers :x

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

10 Jun 2013, 7:17 am

I better eat my breakfast or something.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 7:36 am

Off to my Aspie meeting again tonight. Fish and chips beforehand.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 7:39 am

Why do I even bother with my sister?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 9:06 am

i am thinking about playing a game with my electricity provider.
last year, i made a typographical error and transposed the digits in the "cents" part of the payment amount.
i was out by 18 cents (86c vs 68c in the "cents" column). i got a reminder notice that i still owed 18 cents, and i ignored it, and then i got a demand notice for the payment of 18 cents, but then i paid the 18 cents. i found it hilarious at the time.

but now i come to think about it, it must have been an entirely automated process that was responsible for sending me the reminders and then demands, because the cost incurred by the electricity company to send me a demand for 18 cents would cost them more than 18 cents (they were composed of 2 printed pages sealed in an envelope).

if the programming code in their system that generates the bills (then the reminders (then the demands)) is set so that if the amount received does not equal (to the cent) the amount invoiced, then i can play a fun game (fun for me).

what would happen if i paid them 1 cent less than they asked for? i think i would get a "friendly" reminder that i still owed 1 cent. the reminder would have a "date due" field that would be 14 days after the issue date on the reminder.

if, after 14 days, i had neglected to pay the amount owed, then i would be mailed a "demand" for the amount of one cent i suspect.

then it would escalate after i continued to ignore their demand, i would get a "final" demand notice , and then a "disconnection alert".

the escalation of "the saga of the unpaid cent" to the height of electrical disconnection would be an amusing thing to document and record.

it only costs $70 dollars to reconnect the electricity after you have paid your bill in full, so i guess it would cost me $70.01 to play that game. when you pay the 1 cent, you are cleared to be reconnected, and the reconnection fee appears in your next bill, but what if i pay $69.99 instead of $70 for the reconnection fee? i am too small to be able to take the game very far.
----------------------
on another level, if i was a billionaire looking for a very good time, i might play the "1 cent discrepancy" game to the point of the electricity company taking me to court to recover the money owed, and i would spend millions of dollars on a comprehensive team of defense lawyers to avoid paying that particular cent
but i am not a billionaire, so i would probably have to sacrifice the cent sooner than later.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 9:40 am

most petrol pumps have a keypad where you key in how much fuel you wish to buy. the thing i am annoyed about is that i can only key in whole dollars. i can not specify cents.

if i could type in a number of cents worth of fuel i wish to buy then it would be amusing.
theoretically, i would buy 2 cents worth of fuel in a continuous loop all day. in australia, 2 cents is rounded down to zero. so it would be possible to fill your tank for free if you filled it in 2 cent increments.

it would be almost impossible to be so keen of wit to be able to loosen the grip on the handle at 2 cents worth of fuel.

i know that i would need to do the 2 cent "top up" 3000 times in order to fill my tank for free, but obviously that is an arduous chore. there must be an easier way. hmmmmmmmmmm..... maybe i could not care. that is very likely.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 3:04 pm

I have exciting news, which I will post soon!

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Jun 2013, 3:15 pm

I will never step into another Sears or Kmart again.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 3:35 pm

One of my journeys is done, and another one begins......

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 4:55 pm

Order placed: June 4, 2013.

Still not shipped. Any day now, Amazon.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 5:18 pm

My grad gift to myself: A pair of Mariners tickets! :D

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 5:33 pm

If I don't get my period this month, I am taking the pregnancy test.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 6:07 pm

Everyone thinks this - but why the hell do people go on Embarrassing Bodies?! So you've had a rotting anus, stink of fish, excessive vaginal discharge, pee yourself all day, etc...it never occurred to you to go to a doctor in all this time, but you're all for going on a national TV show on prime-time TV watched by millions and whipping out your genitals or gross body parts for everyone to see.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 6:33 pm

Just when I think Amazon couldn't piss me off any more, they go and charge me twice for the same $34 item. It's almost as if they saw into the future, saw me disgusted with their BS and swearing them off forever, and punished me in advance.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 12:01 am

I've had a fun evening with my friends and than I've lost track of the time playing computer games.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 5:22 am

I wonder, what would I call myself if I did Cowboy Action Shooting?

Decadent Dan?
Dingle Dangle Daniel?

Totally the second.