Page 6542 of 7512 [ 120183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6539, 6540, 6541, 6542, 6543, 6544, 6545 ... 7512  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2018, 9:50 pm

why can't i just go one day without screwing up

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 12:58 am

Indifference/ not caring is an ugly thing to me.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 1:00 am

sidetrack wrote:

I agree!

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 9:20 am

If only video game devs would quit thinking they everyone whom plays games has a 2000$ + gaming PC.

Spectral Aurtist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2018, 9:41 am

An Exerpt-
From Herman Melville's classic: Moby Dick

Stubbs Screaming maniacally at his men-

"Pull, pull, my fine hearts-alive; pull, my children; pull, my little ones," drawlingly and soothingly sighed Stubb to his crew, some of whom still showed signs of uneasiness. "Why don't you break your backbones, my boys? What is it you stare at? Those chaps in yonder boat? Tut! They are only five more hands come to help us--never mind from where--the more the merrier. Pull, then, do pull; never mind the brimstone--devils are good fellows enough. So, so; there you are now; that's the stroke for a thousand pounds; that's the stroke to sweep the stakes! Hurrah for the gold cup of sperm oil, my heroes! Three cheers, men--all hearts alive! Easy, easy; don't be in a hurry--don't be in a hurry. Why don't you snap your oars, you rascals? Bite something, you dogs! So, so, so, then:--softly, softly! That's it--that's it! long and strong. Give way there, give way! The devil fetch ye, ye ragamuffin rapscallions; ye are all asleep. Stop snoring, ye sleepers, and pull. Pull, will ye? pull, can't ye? pull, won't ye? Why in the name of gudgeons and ginger-cakes don't ye pull?--pull and break something! pull, and start your eyes out! Here!" whipping out the sharp knife from his girdle; "every mother's son of ye draw his knife, and pull with the blade between his teeth. That's it--that's it. Now ye do something; that looks like it, my steel-bits. Start her--start her, my silver-spoons! Start her, marling-spikes!"

Everybody needs a little Stubbs someplace in the back of their head.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 9:59 am

I've done nothing productive all day!

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 2:30 pm

Noca wrote:
I am sleepy...

I know a cure for that. A soymilk matcha iced latte.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 8:23 am

ImAnAspie wrote:
...Sun Microsystems USED TO BE a Special Interest to me and when Oracle took over, I went into a several years spiral dive into depression and even had to be hospitalized!

Wow, that must've been so much fun, trying to explain your depression to therapists who had no context and no idea why that was a life-changer for you. All that loneliness in misunderstanding.

It's not the same thing at all, but your experience made me think of the times I've talked to friends about my fears/obsessions. I'd start to get into it, talk about some unlikely worst case scenario that has me anxious, and they'd sort of repeat it back to me. Sometimes they'd say something like, "That won't happen" and I'd be both amused and embarrassed at how crazy my fear sounds when someone else says it. I'd laugh and sort of feel better, but eventually I realized that I hadn't really gotten to the heart of what I was really afraid of. They can't understand unless I do, so that’s lonely. And then if I figure it out, then it's not so funny anymore, getting real.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 8:34 am

Spectral Aurtist wrote:
Everybody needs a little Stubbs someplace in the back of their head.

A little is great. Too much majorly sucks: the critic who won't shut up until I manage to either accomplish something meaningful or forgive myself because I'm dealing with a lot, and I'm human, and we humans sometimes make lots of mistakes so I try to accept that like everyone else.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 11:07 am

All life can be viewed as an attempt to stop the 'I don't care'.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 10:53 am

No.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 11:05 am

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
sidetrack wrote:

I agree!

me too

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 5:19 pm

Zinio.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 8:33 pm

I spend way too much time on the Internet, watching cat videos and checking on tennis news.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2018, 10:00 am

I am tired today