Page 6904 of 7515 [ 120240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6901, 6902, 6903, 6904, 6905, 6906, 6907 ... 7515  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 8:43 am

I have a lot to do today.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 5:32 pm

Our house is slowly being invaded by stinkbugs. The one my mom just caught makes I think three of them in as many days. I guess it's an improvement over the wasps we usually get, because they just smell (and probably taste) bad, they won't hurt the dog or the cat if one of them decides one makes a fun toy.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever actually smelled stinkbug stink, so I don't know how bad it is. I hear it's extremely hard to get off, though, I really don't want to find out by having one stink me. We have a plastic cup with a lid that we use to catch them and release them without risking getting stinked (we use it for wasps too, so we can get them outside without being stung).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 7:12 pm

According to NASA, it would cost about $18,000 to send a letter to Mars.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 1:42 am

^^ah so, one of these days i should have enough saved up to send a postcard to my uncle Qura, btw what we call mars the martians call "Tir."

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 10:00 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
According to NASA, it would cost about $18,000 to send a letter to Mars.

That is a lot of money.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 10:32 am

I hate it when I accidentally trim a fingernail too short.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 12:41 pm

Disgusted by MJ fans who claim he had autism with no proof.

Just cuz u admire someone and they are eccentric to your eyes doesnt make them autistic.

And right now I consider myself a fan too though i knew nothibg of his music or life just a couple of months ago. Among other things I've already purchased 3 books about him and completed one that was by his brother. Literally gifted but completely not autistic. It angers me that they would say that.

It takes away from actual problems that actual ASD ppl face when u choose to pin a diagnosis on someone like that... Wishful thinking maybe to identify with them more.. Idiots

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 12:43 pm

You can say you THINK a person MIGHT have asd etc but to state it as a fact is disingenuous and wrong.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 12:45 pm

I am not the only one in my family who uses the upstairs bathroom. Neither am I the only one who knows there's toilet paper in the linen closet that's literally about three steps from the bathroom. I am also not the only one who knows how the toilet paper holder works. So why am I the only one who ever replaces the toilet paper roll? (And I don't want to know what the rest of the family does without toilet paper in the meantime) I'm also the only one who refills the soap dispenser in the upstairs bathroom - does no one else in my family use soap when they wash their hands?

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

VAL.M.MILES
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2020, 12:50 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
Disgusted by MJ fans who claim he had autism with no proof.

Just cuz u admire someone and they are eccentric to your eyes doesnt make them autistic.

And right now I consider myself a fan too though i knew nothibg of his music or life just a couple of months ago. Among other things I've already purchased 3 books about him and completed one that was by his brother. Literally gifted but completely not autistic. It angers me that they would say that.

It takes away from actual problems that actual ASD ppl face when u choose to pin a diagnosis on someone like that... Wishful thinking maybe to identify with them more.. Idiots

Hello fellow MJ fan! What's your fave song of his?

Also, totally agree w/ you. Fairly certain he wasn't autistic, just a strange man.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 1:10 pm

He wasn't even that strange considering what the press and fans were like. He acted like the teenage boys in my class esp one who was really funny.

I like Human Nature . how about you?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 5:30 am

human nature is something which generally vexes me.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 9:42 am

I am making lunch in an hour and a half.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 3:02 pm

so like 8 years ago a little kid me wanted to plant a cherry tree bc those are my favorite fruit. so I did, and I was told to wait 4-5 years for the fruit to appear.

so turns out that little kid me planted an ornamental cherry tree and it will never produce fruit and I wasted years of my life waiting for something that will literally never come. fun times

VAL.M.MILES
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2020, 3:42 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
He wasn't even that strange considering what the press and fans were like. He acted like the teenage boys in my class esp one who was really funny.

I like Human Nature . how about you?

I really love Human Nature. Honestly, though I don't know what my favourite is, it's so hard to choose. I like Blood On the Dance Floor a lot, also Heal the World and Earth Song. Oh, and Man in the Mirror is wonderful. I just love all his songs really.

I am so jealous of the people who were there when he was still alive. I was only four when he died and so I didn't even discover him until two years later.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 7:50 pm

Oh yay, another stinkbug to catch.