Page 6718 of 7495 [ 119915 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6715, 6716, 6717, 6718, 6719, 6720, 6721 ... 7495  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 1:02 pm

My emotional support human looks hungry. :|

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 1:53 pm

My pea is trying to get it to warm up.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 3:37 pm

Out of the many things my mom had to put up with, when I was younger I find the request to have taken the (MCT(?))3C1 during the July of '09 I believe even at the risk of not having gone through an important dental procedure. I finally attained a necessary third/final math credit for high school graduation that instant but it wasn't 'the end' of my math craving anxieties (**that** happened in late '16 with attaining the blasted over-designed MCR3U1 credit at tremendous exhaustion). The kindly dentist who did that (and would turn out to pass away not too long after apparently :| ) , saw to me again after my mouth was bleeding more profusely than expected.

Me and my sister being very delimited in terms of what we could eating for the first two weeks of August with stitches in our mouths and dang that sensation added with how I wasn't able to brush my teeth for those ~two weeks.. :x :mrgreen: ..not keen on experiencing something like that again.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 8:35 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
I wonder if my life wd have had a better outcome if my family were not religious

I wonder if the way they took everything literally n to the nth degree in religion was because maybe many of them are undiagnosed ASD

Maybe religious NT ppl take religion as a bit of a joke and pick n choose what serves them n thats why they are happier

I find that to be an interesting observation/opinion which really highlights all the how it’s the components of religion which correspond more to theories of mind (not always the case with mere ritualism or ‘folk piety’) which have the broader (and arguably ‘healthier’) impact on ppl—I find appeal with an arguable ~2500 ur old ‘not-always-theistic’ Indian theory of mind (Buddhism) more appealing than the Abrahamic framework I’m familiar with and which I’m familiar passes as ‘the only’ conception of religion to some.
___

I think that yesterday was demonstrative of how it feels like to be job interviewed for a position your arguably ‘overqualified’ for ._. , as much as I enjoyed the experience.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 10:04 pm

Pondering about how a live action movie might be made out of 'Red' and the 'Generation I' Pokemon

The idea of a competent live action take of the 'Generation I' Pokemon story-line would be problematic to produce on various levels;

I would like to switch gears for a moment and think about that. How since the decade began their has been a 'shift' in terms of where media talent pools are gathering, movies having to answer to increased politicization*, the fact that special effects and production designs for web productions and serial shows are matching what is invested into movies at times which has caused a ripple effect (arguably) in which their is a level of 'acceptable hokey-ness' in movies, prob. not really seen since the 50's and early 60's**..

The fact that there is no ceasing of complaints about special effects not being invested, the actors who seem miscast and underperforming picked out by movie industry persons on average +30 or +35 yrs old and not in a demographic who you would imagine as having grown up endeared with certain animated productions from only ~20 yr ago..maybe we deserve it. The shabbily made movies--don't get me wrong it is a 'tremondous >_<' waste to think that millions of dollars are put into elaborate entertainment products and wound up being reflected badly when there is no shortage of serious reviews, parodies and memes which will comment on what went on..but when you think about a major part of the substance of those old cartoons and anime are power fantasies*, what would help to not forget is how they were designed for children and with children in mind..a catering to the supposedly naive and inexperienced via narratives which are understood as being given leeway to not meet the simplicity resisting expectations of reality and the choices designed by (mentally healthy or not, apathetic or not, caring or not) adults who are suppose to take care of children and not >:I merely see them as a functionally exhaustivable 'means to an end' demographic which will always yield to commodification and unwitting 'profit priorities'.

If that happens sooner however the reactions might be in terms of 'crowd-funded' media productions by supposed fans might bare fruit..if the conversations in comment sections can stop resisting change by seeming to be consistent inflammation and vitriol..then maybe just maybe, even more ppl on a broader scale when not 'enacting their personal labour theories (.i.e. working)' can start gradually paying attention to the reason their even alive, due to..**mental health.

Calm, compassionate, peace-endorsing and friendship empowering narratives and media can become a norm beyond 'Toddler fare' like 'The Care Bears' and alleviate the silliness of a certain 'broken myth' of hundreds of centuries of human adulthood that survival is inescapably out of reach in the reality made by our species.

**doesn't mean your not allowed to enjoy it: I'm looking forward to the 'Detective Pikachu' movie and don't expect it to be nominated and win several Oscar's but I would like it to be better than an old Disney channel movie special as well.

*That's realization seems to be an inevitable part of the 'development' of analyzing and accepting as well as assessing narratives on a mass-collective scale as output by commercial-industrial (supposedly art centred) complexes like movie industries.
___

Digimon Tri Abridged Episode 2 Pure Sincerity by 'TeamMouthwash' 26:39 - 27:19

Quote:

Quote:
"Joe, Digimon aren't you childhood.
Yes you discovered them when you
were a kid, Joe. Yes they might not
have a place in your adult life, but
if you think that to become an adult
you have to give them up your wrong.

"What do you mean?"

"Joe, I don't think that being
mature means giving up the things
you love. It doesn't mean separating
from all the things you discovered as
a kid. Joe, growing up I think..I think
it just means understanding why you love
what you love and deciding where it belongs
in your life.

Digimon isn't your childhood.Gomamon isn't
holding you back. Gomamon is your friend
and I think the reason you've been staying
awake [or away(?)] is because you want to be his friend
too. "

"Kari I don't know but thank you."

--"switching gears again"

Goodness knows how aside from current issues adapting anime properties even with questionable improvements like with the 'Alita' live action movie, the plots of the Pokemon games (for which I'm guessing a reliance on the manga(s) would be necessary) can't really be compressed to easily. Even years ago with the internet series 'Pokemon the origins' it took a few episode and skipping over a lot of gym battles to essentially wind up having a confrontation with Mewtwo as a reason to 'advertise' for the then new 'mega evolution' forms.

I can't see a live action adaptation of 'Gen I' Pokemon being pulled off as a live action series even with a hypothetically indeterminate-but-providing-as-needed budget, let alone as a *single* movie.

Last edited by sidetrack on 09 Mar 2019, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 10:05 pm

Is there such a thing as a reverse seasonal-affective-disorder light, that can take away the nauseating feeling of summer?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 10:34 pm

my best guess would be a combo of a/c and an ice-blue LED light fixture.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 10:40 pm

The ice blue sounds nice but I don't like LED lights (or fluorescent lights, or halogen lights, or sunlight, or haze).

:(

I get profoundly depressed from March to late September in a seasonal-affective way, but no one understands that summer can bother people too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 10:55 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The ice blue sounds nice but I don't like LED lights (or fluorescent lights, or halogen lights, or sunlight, or haze).

I get profoundly depressed from March to late September in a seasonal-affective way, but no one understands that summer can bother people too.

how about ice-blue wallpaper or room paint treatment? or indirect lighting? [where you don't see where the light comes from]? hot weather dampens my spirits also. :|
mebbe if at those times you watched this video?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 11:04 pm

Funny you say that. I'm redesigning my bedroom to be darker and I also want shaded windows. I adore wallpaper and I've been looking for something vintage but also on the cool grey side (to coordinate with blue). My bedroom faces EAST (arggg --) so mornings are a nightmare and that's why I don't go to bed until dawn most days. Otherwise it would wake me.

I don't mind heat, but my eyes can't tolerate bright light. I'm not a vampire or a goth girl. I just can't stand sunshine.

I suppose it's an autism hypersensitivity but I also have very pale blue eyes, so that doesn't help.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 11:11 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Funny you say that. I'm redesigning my bedroom to be darker and I also want shaded windows. I adore wallpaper and I've been looking for something vintage but also on the cool grey side (to coordinate with blue). My bedroom faces EAST (arggg --) so mornings are a nightmare and that's why I don't go to bed until dawn most days. Otherwise it would wake me. I don't mind heat, but my eyes can't tolerate bright light. I'm not a vampire or a goth girl. I just can't stand sunshine. :( I suppose it's an autism hypersensitivity but I also have very pale blue eyes, so that doesn't help.

i use blackout curtains so no external light comes inside the bedroom, no matter what direction it comes. bright sunshine makes me retreat into shadow, and if i have to go out in it i always wear dark RayBans. i've had what were called "weak" eyes since i can remember, never could handle bright light. my eyes are hazel, i don't know if hazel has anything to do with it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 11:15 pm

.... and my apologies, I forgot to say thanks for the super cute kitties! :heart:

I wear sunglasses even in my house.

Do you feel like the energy is sucked out of you during daylight hours, even if you are indoors and shielded from it?
I feel horrendous during the day (even in relative darkness) and as soon as the sun sets I am alive again.

I really need to investigate these RayBan things. I've never tried them yet. I just have strong "normal" sunglasses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 12:12 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
.... and my apologies, I forgot to say thanks for the super cute kitties! :heart: I wear sunglasses even in my house. Do you feel like the energy is sucked out of you during daylight hours, even if you are indoors and shielded from it? I feel horrendous during the day (even in relative darkness) and as soon as the sun sets I am alive again. I really need to investigate these RayBan things. I've never tried them yet. I just have strong "normal" sunglasses.

prego :) you sound like a dyed in the wool night owl. i am a hybrid between night owl and morning lark, tending towards the former. i like to tell people i'm a morning owl ;) and the RayBans are a combo UV-blocking and polarized lens sun glass, they block most reflected light/glare, so i wear them outdoor when i don't need my prescription sunglasses which are also polarized and uv-blocking. my RayBans have an additional sepia tint which takes the harsh bright edge off of what sunlight makes it to my retinas after the UV/polarized filtering.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 1:14 am

Libraries and job security.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 1:19 am

Volkswagon Passat. :bounce:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 2:49 am

auntblabby wrote:
Volkswagon Passat. :bounce:

I prefer Honda Civics and Integras. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う