Page 7222 of 7515 [ 120233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7219, 7220, 7221, 7222, 7223, 7224, 7225 ... 7515  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 6:59 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Charlotte is a nice name. I remember a teacher was quite obsessed with playing the animated movie of Charlotte's Web for us (I think she just liked it to be honest).

It's a little more feminine than Chuck.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

traven
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 2:23 am

in that country making a woodfire is akin to be a genocidal maniac
o wow how did humanity survive?
gas and gas are almost there as well
do we all need to move to tropical earth??
back to the future, again

Vasco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2022, 5:24 am

It's 3:23 AM, and I feel a little tired.
Having f.lux blue light shielding doesn't seem to help.
The best way is the hardest way and it's to stop looking at any blue light from electronics and lightbulbs.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 8:23 am

Anxiety

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 8:24 am

Hugglebunnyburgers!

Vasco

01 Jul 2022, 5:06 pm

Brushed my teeth
I ate a fruit yogurt.
---
I want to clean my room, but it's freaking hot.
So, I'm continuing on with my ZyBooks assignment.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 12:02 am

cold

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 8:37 am

Lots of fireworks in my neighbourhood. I hid in the basement.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 10:10 am

YouTube has sneakily increased the duration of some ads to 16 seconds, hoping that people will mix it up with the 6-sec ads. Insulting to think that viewers are that stupid. I guess it's about time to do better things than wasting time on YouTube.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 1:34 pm

Stalling.
Not scheduling nor put it to order.
Hmmm...

And... Well...

Sure I would know what to do.
And I could.

It felt like a leap.
Yes, a leap.

A really good leap -- being in a state good enough to make a leap in hopes to make something more permanent and with consequences...

But do I have enough time and energy for this?
Can I afford this much?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 3:20 pm

I have fewer than 10 days left to complete preparations. EF is struggling.

Too many variables. And...

I have an inner irrational belief that once I have solved a problem in my mind, it is taken care of. NOT.

So, all the things that are complete in my mind, still need to be implemented. The tarp for example. I know how I want it rigged, but that doesn't mean it is done. Sewed on a dozen little stainless circles so the ridge line is permanently rigged. Had to make the prussic lines. Still need to complete the guy lines. Hoop shows how to loop the guy lines and tie off with a hair tie attached to the tarp with a lark's head.

Food is worse. KISS for meals, but still, organizing in advance makes it much easier in the field. As in the first example, once I have solved the problem in my head I think it is done and today I am facing hours of organization and repackaging to reduce volume and keep dry.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jul 2022, 9:09 pm

temp1234 wrote:
YouTube has sneakily increased the duration of some ads to 16 seconds, hoping that people will mix it up with the 6-sec ads. Insulting to think that viewers are that stupid. I guess it's about time to do better things than wasting time on YouTube.
I recently started using an YouTube adblocker extension for Firefox because YouTube started playing at least one ad before every single video, even if it's just a three minute music vid. Then when the vid ends YouTube plays at least one more ad before auto playing the next 3 minute music vid. If I'm listening to a whole album that was put up as one 30 minute vid, YouTube plays at least one ad in the middle of it. Their ads are usually advertising membership for YouTube premium so you can suposeidly go ad free. I bet lots of uploaders are losing views these days because people quit watching YouTube due to the numerious ads & plenty of people are majorly finachially struggling right now & can not afford to go ad free.
My girlfriend bought a Paramount Plus membership because they claimed to be ad free but after a bit they started showing one ad on the paid memberships before playing shows that's for other Paramount Plus shows. I suspect they'll start playing more ads like that on their paid ad free memerships soon. I bet YouTube already does $hit like this for their ad free memberships. Showing ads for other shows before playing shows is NOT ad free like they claim those paid memberships are. Companies need to get in trouble for intentionally lying to mislead consumers into buying.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 03 Jul 2022, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 10:33 pm

Next recipe to learn;
A simple lugaw... Except with whole rolled oats instead of rice.

Better during this season.
I wanna understand the flavors better.
There's a type of flavor I really like, that I used to eat it every lunch during college from one of those random stalls.

I wanna recreate that flavor. And make it better for me.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 12:46 am

It's cold but I have nothing to wear to keep me warm. I have no choice but to turn the heater on.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 1:14 am

nick007 wrote:
I recently started using an YouTube adblocker extension for Firefox because YouTube started playing at least one ad before every single video, even if it's just a three minute music vid. Then when the vid ends YouTube plays at least one more ad before auto playing the next 3 minute music vid. If I'm listening to a whole album that was put up as one 30 minute vid, YouTube plays at least one ad in the middle of it. Their ads are usually advertising membership for YouTube premium so you can suposeidly go ad free. I bet lots of uploaders are losing views these days because people quit watching YouTube due to the numerious ads & plenty of people are majorly finachially struggling right now & can not afford to go ad free.
My girlfriend bought a Paramount Plus membership because they claimed to be ad free but after a bit they started showing one ad on the paid memberships before playing shows that's for other Paramount Plus shows. I suspect they'll start playing more ads like that on their paid ad free memerships soon. I bet YouTube already does $hit like this for their ad free memberships. Showing ads for other shows before playing shows is NOT ad free like they claim those paid memberships are. Companies need to get in trouble for intentionally lying to mislead consumers into buying.

Thank you for the info. How can I use this adblocker? I have no respect for organizations that use deception. That represents the organization's attitude. They cannot be trusted. YouTube should be prosecuted for deceiving people with that "Ad-free" membership with ads.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 3:48 am

temp1234 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Thank you for the info. How can I use this adblocker? I have no respect for organizations that use deception. That represents the organization's attitude. They cannot be trusted. YouTube should be prosecuted for deceiving people with that "Ad-free" membership with ads.

I never see any ads anywhere, including YouTube. I use the Firefox web browser with the add-on Adblocker Plus, which is free. I've used it for many years. Can't imagine using the internet without an ad blocker.