Page 6749 of 7495 [ 119918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6746, 6747, 6748, 6749, 6750, 6751, 6752 ... 7495  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:22 pm

Had my father managed to get through his treatments, he would be turning 60 today.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 1:09 am

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
if life keeps giving you lemons, find some sweetener somewhere.

When life gives you lemons, put a couple of them in a sock and whoop life until it gives you something better.

When life gives you lemons, plant the seeds and grow an orchard.

When life gives you lemons, get a refund. They have lemon laws you know.

i fought the lemons but the lemons won ;)

I fought Le Mans but Circuit de la Sarthe won.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 1:49 am

What does an apex predator eat?

Generally, whatever it likes.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 9:14 am

If I was running a business or company, you best be reassured there would no transgressions or mistreatment against autistic employee nor non autistic employee

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 9:25 am

I sometimes try to imagine our world as it would be if Theia had not collided with Gaia.

Would there be a moon? Would there be tides? Would aluminum be the heaviest metal available for mining? Would there be a magnetic field and aurorae? Would there even be life; and if so, what would it look like?

What if ... ?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:36 am

Fnord wrote:
I sometimes try to imagine our world as it would be if Theia had not collided with Gaia.

Would there be a moon? Would there be tides? Would aluminum be the heaviest metal available for mining? Would there be a magnetic field and aurorae? Would there even be life; and if so, what would it look like?

What if ... ?

That's an interesting speculation to ponder..

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:55 am

longshot wrote:
Fnord wrote:

What if ... ?

That's an interesting speculation to ponder..

This just blew my mind.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 3:16 pm

Humans have collectively spent 6 million years playing "World of Warcraft". That's more time than we have existed as a species separate from chimpanzees.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 3:58 am

i wish, really wish, in the interest of automotive efficiency, that Toyota would apply the Lexus treatment [or something akin to Buick's "quiet tuning"] to their Scion IQ subcompact coupe. the technology is relatively straightforward to turn that car into something a LOT nicer to drive, adding the stuff to it that's routinely used in larger cars-

*asphalt shingles bonded inside the wheel wells, exterior door panels/undercarriage/firewall/ceiling [to dampen resonances and block noise]
*hydro-elastic bushing-isolated front and rear subframes [blocks NVH]
*independent rear suspension [improved handling and ride/composure]
*sophisticated motor mounts [absorbs engine NVH]
*triple door seals [wind and road noise suppression]
*laminated extra-thick window glass [wind noise suppression]
*electronic noise cancellation [cancels out what noise passes by all that other stuff]
*electronic suspension damping [improve ride and handling, reduce NVH]
*electronic valve train and Ram air induction [improved horsepower and torque]
*mild hybrid technology to improve low-end torque [off the line launch speed]
*improved multi-adjustable orthopedic seats [the base seats are torture on long drives]
*improved interior decoration, the standard monochrome gray is a big YAWN.

they could turn that car into something a mass market would love to drive if they did all those things.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 7:09 am

Lot's of noise on my street.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 12:39 pm

Turn up the BPM, other emcees I'm leavin' em behind. Better start sprintin' now'n far.
Wannabe rap stars get found, bound and drowned in the back of a Lincoln Town Car.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 2:20 pm

There's not a cloud in the sky. Too bad I have a toothache.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 2:31 pm

I don't know why but i feel so close to this person who's so different from me. Probably because i have no one close to me irl.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 2:39 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Had my father managed to get through his treatments, he would be turning 60 today.

Sweet Pea hugs

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 5:19 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Sweet Pea hugs

Thanks SGT Cockney Rebel.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 8:25 pm

My itty bitty Game of Thrones rant (spoilers for 8x04):

I hate that the show is turning Dany into the mad queen. It totally ruins her whole character arc of being better than her father and doing the best for her people and caring for the innocents etc etc
Plus they like made her go mad in like the span of 4 episodes wtf D&D
No matter his claim and popularity, if someone doesnt want to rule they probably arent going to be very good at it
I feel like theyre really doing my girl dirty. Why cant the woman win?? (mildly peeved that their arent any female script writers or directors of GoT)
Plus how DARE they kill Missandei???? Like ok the dragons I get, but they just killed the kindest, purest soul in GoT and might I add the only black woman on the show
Also how they essentially implied that Sansa getting raped and abused was "empowering"??? Like WTF???
Seriously I love this show but this last episode seemed seriously misogynistic :|