Page 4094 of 7512 [ 120192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4091, 4092, 4093, 4094, 4095, 4096, 4097 ... 7512  Next

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 8:14 pm

b9 wrote:
i was considering what i would do if i lived forever. for the first google (10^100) years, i would soak up all the experiences that i could, but after that, i would have to resort to counting, since the universe would then be dead.

"one two three four".......(and after some time)......"999 vigintillion 999 novendecillion 999 octodecillion 999 septendecillion 999 sexdecillion 999 quindecillion 999 quattourdecillion 999 tredecillion 999 duodecillion 999 undecillion 999 decillion 999 nonillion 999 octillion 999 septillion 999 sextillion 999 quintillion 999 quadrillion 999 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand 999" ..... but then i would hit a brick wall. what is the number after that?

things would then get insufferably boring from then on, but at least i could give my voice a rest i suppose.

If you would tire before the counting you could do as the immortal Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged in Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy and travel around the universe insulting everyone in alphabetical order.

http://hhgproject.org/entries/wowbagger.html wrote:
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged

Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged was - indeed, is- one of the Universe's very small number of immortal beings.

Most of those who are born immortal instinctively know how to cope with it, but Wowbagger was not one of them. Indeed, he had come to hate them, the load of serene bastards. He had his immortaility inadvertantly thrust upon him by an unfortunate accident with an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch, and a pair of rubber bands. The precise details are not important because no one has ever managed to duplicate the exact circumstances under which it happened, and many people have ended up looking very silly, or dead, or both, trying.

To begin with it was fun, he had a ball, living dangerously, taking risks, cleaning up on high-yield long-term investments, and just generally outliving the hell out of everybody.

In the end, it was Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness that starts to set in at about 2:55 when you know you've taken all the baths you can usefully take that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the newspaper you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

So things began to pall for him. The merry smiles he used to wear at other people's funerals began to fade. He began to despise the Universe in general, and everybody in it in particular.

This was the point at which he conceived his purpose, the thing that would drive him on, and which, as far as he could see, would drive him on forever. It was this:

He would insult the Universe.

That is, he would insult everybody in it. Individually, personally, one by one, and (this was the thing he really decided to grit his teeth over) in Alphabetical Order.

When people protested to him, as they sometimes had done, that the plan was not merely misguided but actually impossible because of the number of people being born and dying all the time, he would merely fix them with a steely look and say, "A man can dream, can't he?"

And so he had started out. He equipped a spaceship that was built to last with a computer capable of handling all the data processing involved in keeping track of the entire population of the known Universe and working out the horrifically complicated routes involved.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

I slept through much of today.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 1:47 am

equestriatola wrote:
I slept through much of today.

Are you my cat, Peanut?

How did you learn to use the computer?

And why have you been puking so much lately?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 5:49 am

No, I'm not a cat. XD

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 6:08 am

I saw a rainbow for the first time in years yesterday! A nice deep one, too! :)

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 8:06 am

My university lecturer behaves really Aspie-like.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 8:11 am

I'm really surprised that cremation is still considered controversial.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 9:06 am

i am outraged that i have to press up to TEN buttons on my telephone to ring someone. how inefficient.

instead of having buttons that number only from 0-9, telephones should have buttons that number from 0 to 9999999999, so one only needs to press one button to ring any number.

that is only 100,000 buttons across by 100,000 buttons down, and with nanotechnology it would be possible to build such a phone that would fit into the palm of one's hand. when gene shears (to press the button) and electron microscopes (to see the button) become affordable to the general public , then i am sure it would be a runaway success.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 9:27 am

i took a wrong turn and ended up on a road called "no through" road, and as i drove along it, i noticed a house for sale which i was interested in. it was number 32 No Through road, Wentworth Falls.

i immediately turned around and went home, and i went into realestate.com.au , and i searched for that house to see what it's price was, but there was no listing for "32 No Through road" . i was puzzled and went into google maps to find the house, and i was astounded to find that there was no listing for a road called "No Through" road in wentworth falls, and so i believe that the "google maps" staff are incompetent.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 9:35 am

another example of incompetence is illustrated by the fact that so many one way roads have the word "one way" painted up side down on the bitumen.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 9:39 am

I just remembered that I had a Mustang Barbie car when I was a kid. And a Ferrari.

Valeria Lukanyova reminds me of some strange things.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:31 am

i went to mascot airport (sydney's main airport) a few weeks ago to watch the planes taking off.
i was on the beach next to runway 16L, and there were a number of seagulls that were in the vicinity. i tried to count them, but they kept flying around in a buggers muddle, and so i found it impossible to reckon the exact number, but there were too many for safe airport operation. minced seagulls (those that have been processed inside a jet engine) are not on my menu

a fellow drove out to the perimeter and shot a blank cartridge from a gun which had the effect of lifting them all simultaneously out of the air space required by the ATC's.

i then had an idea.
this is going to be convoluted...

i reasoned that if i could capture 400 seagulls, and tether them to a vehicle that i was able to steer, then i could travel wherever i wanted by just firing blank cartridges at intervals that would keep them in flight mode. they would be powered by only a feed of chips (french fries) every time they got tired.

i think it would be mutually beneficial for many parties. the seagulls would get very athletic due to the exercise and be well fed, and fish and chip shop owners would get extra business, and i would get to where i want to go as cheap as chips.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:39 am

After soo much sleep, I am ready for today. :)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:47 am

blue_bean wrote:
I just remembered that I had a Mustang Barbie car when I was a kid.

i heard a song once that was called "mustang sally" and i presumed it was about a girl that looked like a horse, so i never adopted it into my repertoire.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:50 am

b9 wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
I just remembered that I had a Mustang Barbie car when I was a kid.

i heard a song once that was called "mustang sally" and i presumed it was about a girl that looked like a horse, so i never adopted it into my repertoire.

You must have misheard the title. I'm sure it was "must hang sally"; presumably she was a criminal?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 10:57 am

equestriatola wrote:
After soo much sleep, I am ready for today. :)

i was just about to go to bed,
when i saw that there was a response in this thread,
but when i looted my head to understand what it said
i realized that that what it said was dead.