Page 6762 of 7512 [ 120187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6759, 6760, 6761, 6762, 6763, 6764, 6765 ... 7512  Next

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 9:01 am

I hate everyone who called me smart growing up. They can't even distinguish real intelligence from a good memory. The reason i'm unemployed right now is because of those People.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 9:42 am

... I... kept forgetting knotting and stitching names. Despite performing it countless times over and over...

And suddenly, I became... More intolerant to heat AND cold lately. :| Unlike in previous years, I can't take heat just as well back then for some reason. Instead of something that something warm and searing all over my skin, it drains something else. It's more like tiredness and heavy like weight sensation than pain and heat, be it humid ir dry.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 11:00 am

Wherever you are in the state of Florida, you're never more than 60 miles from the nearest body of salt water.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 12:05 pm

Weird world.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 1:58 pm

AprilR wrote:
I hate everyone who called me smart growing up. They can't even distinguish real intelligence from a good memory. The reason i'm unemployed right now is because of those People.

You have a strength that they lack, so they noticed it.
Of course, you also have an impairment they lack that they failed to notice.

Yay for being doubly-exceptional, but I don't feel much pride in being only half-retarded either. That said, it's unfair to expect the people around you as you grew up to notice your weaknesses (say with executive function), because some of those deficits aren't all that noticeable until your peers surpass you towards the end of childhood. Instead, your peers and caretakers probably only notice where you surpass them and the other kids there.

If it makes you feel better, at least you have a job that involves your mind instead of mindlessly stacking boxes for a third of your life. For that matter, considering how many on here are unemployed, perhaps I should be grateful for my sh***y logistics job too.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 2:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
AprilR wrote:

Yay for being doubly-exceptional, but I don't feel much pride in being only half-retarded either. That said, it's unfair to expect the people around you as you grew up to notice your weaknesses (say with executive function), because some of those deficits aren't all that noticeable until your peers surpass you towards the end of childhood. Instead, your peers and caretakers probably only notice where you surpass them and the other kids there.

If it makes you feel better, at least you have a job that involves your mind instead of mindlessly stacking boxes for a third of your life. For that matter, considering how many on here are unemployed, perhaps I should be grateful for my sh***y logistics job too.

I wish i had a simple job sometimes. I feel Exhausted trying to do 36364 things at once. I'm not good with spoken instructions either. And i do blame those People (Esp my parents) for treating me like a genius. I think they did notice my deficits just didn't want to acknowledge it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 3:10 pm

On surveys, happiness follows a generalized U-shape over the course of people's life, with high degrees of happiness in their late teens and early 20s, and from there down until the 50s, then going up again.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 1:22 am

AprilR wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
AprilR wrote:

I wish i had a simple job sometimes. I feel Exhausted trying to do 36364 things at once. I'm not good with spoken instructions either. And i do blame those People (Esp my parents) for treating me like a genius. I think they did notice my deficits just didn't want to acknowledge it.

To be fair, your parents should have noticed (and/or acknowledged) even if others shouldn't be expected to. I wholeheartedly agree.

That said, my parents basically refused to consider the possibility that I had ASD until I had already secured a diagnosis, so you're not alone in that regard.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 8:16 am

I am going out today.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 11:55 am

Maybe a lady had a dog for a baby.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 3:07 pm

From 2001 to 2009, Donald Trump was a registered Democrat.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 9:39 am

I went to the library yesterday.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 12:38 pm

In rich countries, obesity is more common among the less educated, but in poor countries, obesity is more common among the highly educated.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 4:41 pm

I am going to a potluck lunch in mid June and can't think of what to bring. I used to be a good cook, but I do it so rarely now, I've lost my touch. And so many people bring store bought things now, why bother making something?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 10:04 pm

J. R. R. Tolkien typed the entire 1,200-page manuscript of The Lord of the Rings trilogy with two fingers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 11:12 pm

i can barely breathe from the morphine in my veins, it makes me spit dope stanzas
everyday i'm shooting up, you can call me Adam Lanza
before battle raps i'm taking handfuls of laxatives;

until they cause accidents and verbal diarhea -
- that's why i've got such s**t flows -
but emcees couldn't copy my steez if they worked at kinko's
i'm bashful but i won't hesitate to bash foes

and [ ] you can call it compensated dating but to me you're still just a crackho
this what you asked for - you hear me sexually harass those
listen'n to my whack flows that define me as an as*hole

i swallow robo with codiene mixed with smirnoff
no wonder i'm loco - my brain seems a bit off

i'm a write-off, i got beef with myself and feel ima fraud;
i'm biting off Eminem, Demigods and Weathermen
and i can't copyright this s**t because i probably bit s**t from Copywrite
R.A., Big Pun, sorry for the name-dropping, you can take a picture cuz i'm done, ai'ght

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
J. R. R. Tolkien typed the entire 1,200-page manuscript of The Lord of the Rings trilogy with two fingers.

i write lyrics like Tolkien - hunt'n'peck, hunt'n'peck

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う