Page 6932 of 7515 [ 120229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6929, 6930, 6931, 6932, 6933, 6934, 6935 ... 7515  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 10:22 pm

Still trying to find the whys and hows.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 10:45 pm

Spaghetti zipper boogitsnot.

(That last one is from The Sims, it seems to translate to “I’m bored” since in the original Sims, Sims would yell it while waving a hand in the air with the “fun” icon over their heads)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 2:09 am

auntblabby wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
It's somewhat kinda funny how any speculation regarding world events leads to psittacistic mockery by those conditioned to trust the glorious state. :P

thank you for adding another word to my vocabulary :study:

You're welcome. Sorry I didn't get around to replying until now, my comment was a test to see if I could still login and post or if this account had also been lost. Currently trying to stay awake to make sure I wake up close to time to get ready and leave for work, and browsing YouTube seems entirely boring. Just got to not get addicted to being here again either though, as I need to write more books soon after I get an air conditioner and writing area set up, and this place used to absorb all my free time a few years ago. It was fairly interesting, and nice people can't block each other but instead at least have to go through human moderators rather than game an automated system, but eh there's still some bias but not nearly as bad as churchian sites like "Geeks Under Grace" on farcebork with their power trippy mods. There really ought to be an absolute free speech platform, though without images as people post gross things too often that need nuking from orbit.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 8:10 am

Lots to do.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 3:40 pm

Why do most people (around here, at least, and including myself) pronounce “pizza” as “peet-za” when there is no “t” in the word?

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 5:52 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Why do most people (around here, at least, and including myself) pronounce “pizza” as “peet-za” when there is no “t” in the word?

There's a bunch of those in common English speech, wotcha making sucha big deal abou'tit?

Jeez, the city spelled Toronto is typically pronounced more like T'ra'no or Tra'nah, at least within the city. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 10:04 pm

why do amateur singers the world over say "carry-ohkee" when there is no "Y" in Karaoke?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 6:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
why do amateur singers the world over say "carry-ohkee" when there is no "Y" in Karaoke?

:o While I'm aware that English has two sounds of vowel 'a' (ah and ey), and gets mixed up with.
What I don't know is that why it is favored over the Japanese original pronunciation that doesn't have a ('ey') in it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 6:53 am

Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

:o While I'm aware that English has two sounds of vowel 'a' (ah and ey), and gets mixed up with.
What I don't know is that why it is favored over the Japanese original pronunciation that doesn't have a ('ey') in it.

did further reading- in american english we have only either a "hard" R [iow "ERrrrrrrr"] or a dropped R (e.g., "pahk the cah in the yad" but in most other nations there is a soft rolled R ["rRrRrRrR" or a trill like a cat or bird], or a tongue flap that sounds like a cross between L and D. most amuuuricans cannot sound any kind of trill to save their lives, the DNA coding necessary to produce it was long ago deselected from the gene pool here. Soooooo..... it is easier for us yanks, MUCH easier, to say "carry" than to say "kaw-rrrA" ["KA-dld-A"].

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 10:45 am

Rain

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 2:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

did further reading- in american english we have only either a "hard" R [iow "ERrrrrrrr"] or a dropped R (e.g., "pahk the cah in the yad" but in most other nations there is a soft rolled R ["rRrRrRrR" or a trill like a cat or bird], or a tongue flap that sounds like a cross between L and D. most amuuuricans cannot sound any kind of trill to save their lives, the DNA coding necessary to produce it was long ago deselected from the gene pool here. Soooooo..... it is easier for us yanks, MUCH easier, to say "carry" than to say "kaw-rrrA" ["KA-dld-A"].

:lol: Interesting.

And experience tells me that those who sang a lot gets to figure how to get by pronouncing songs lyrics without their native accents.
... Making their 'singing' and 'speech' really different from one another.
But if their aim is speech along with it, it helps them learn speech pronunciations.

The inexperienced usually sings with their native accents remain hanging -- I'm one of them unfortunately. :oops:
I can mimic via echolalic scripts but not much with actual speaking and singing...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 7:00 am

Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

:lol: Interesting.

And experience tells me that those who sang a lot gets to figure how to get by pronouncing songs lyrics without their native accents.... Making their 'singing' and 'speech' really different from one another. But if their aim is speech along with it, it helps them learn speech pronunciations. The inexperienced usually sings with their native accents remain hanging -- I'm one of them unfortunately. :oops: I can mimic via echolalic scripts but not much with actual speaking and singing...

i have trouble imitating foreign accents also, not even singing.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 8:43 am

it is cool outside.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 11:27 am

Mga matitigas ang mga ulo ng mga tao. :lol: :skull: :nerdy: :twisted:

Hmm.. :o

Ang mga tao ay matitigas ang mga ulo.

Ang titigas ng mga ulo ng mga tao.

Matitigas ang mga ulo ng mga tao.

HentaiAddict101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2020, 6:35 pm

Ever just Want someone crazy in your life? Is it weird if you cut yourself just to have a taste of some lushes blood? :heart:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 6:37 pm

HentaiAddict101 wrote:
Ever just Want someone crazy in your life? Is it weird if you cut yourself just to have a taste of some lushes blood? :heart:

I have someone crazy in my life. In fact anyone who wants to be in my life is probably crazy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う