Page 6714 of 6981 [ 111695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6711, 6712, 6713, 6714, 6715, 6716, 6717 ... 6981  Next

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,863

03 Mar 2019, 12:08 pm

Being responsible ‘in the present’ repeatedly is all that ‘smartness’ is.



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,251
Location: The Forests Of New France

03 Mar 2019, 7:58 pm

Down to the Mississippi to the Gulf Of Mexico (Battle Of New Orleans - Johnny Horton).



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,251
Location: The Forests Of New France

03 Mar 2019, 7:59 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Liberal Planet. I thought this was Do Your Own Thing Planet.

Why do you say that?



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,280
Location: Portland, Oregon

03 Mar 2019, 10:46 pm

I went to go see Alita: Battle Angel earlier today and I cried at the end. I was not expecting this movie to have a lot of emotional kick to it, but it was definitely worth seeing.

I will also admit that I am glad I did not ask my mom to come with me to the theater that I went to see it because she would have gotten pissed if she saw me crying.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,863

03 Mar 2019, 11:43 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I went to go see Alita: Battle Angel earlier today and I cried at the end. I was not expecting this movie to have a lot of emotional kick to it, but it was definitely worth seeing.

I will also admit that I am glad I did not ask my mom to come with me to the theater that I went to see it because she would have gotten pissed if she saw me crying.


I am both intrigued and grateful for the second sentence you typed.
___

Chapters 7 and 8 of 'Surfaces and Essences: Analogy as the fuel and fire of thinking' by Douglas R. Hofstadter and Emmanuel Sander



BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 714
Location: Somewhere only we know.

04 Mar 2019, 5:46 am

sidetrack wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I went to go see Alita: Battle Angel earlier today and I cried at the end. I was not expecting this movie to have a lot of emotional kick to it, but it was definitely worth seeing.

I will also admit that I am glad I did not ask my mom to come with me to the theater that I went to see it because she would have gotten pissed if she saw me crying.


I am both intrigued and grateful for the second sentence you typed.
___

Chapters 7 and 8 of 'Surfaces and Essences: Analogy as the fuel and fire of thinking' by Douglas R. Hofstadter and Emmanuel Sander



Ditto. Why would she be mad you cried?



PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2017
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,438
Location: In between the 2 extremes

04 Mar 2019, 6:11 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I went to go see Alita: Battle Angel earlier today and I cried at the end. I was not expecting this movie to have a lot of emotional kick to it, but it was definitely worth seeing.

I will also admit that I am glad I did not ask my mom to come with me to the theater that I went to see it because she would have gotten pissed if she saw me crying.


Seen that. Wasn't my thing. Looked alright in the trailers but the movie was quite boring to me yawn

PS Yes, why would your mum have been pissed at u crying?


_________________
Maybe at the time, it felt like dreaming


Magna
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,932

04 Mar 2019, 8:54 am

Thinking about how important my friends on WP are to me. More than any of you will know. Thank you! And thank you, Alex!


_________________
"There is no love of living without despair of life." - Albert Camus

"Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world
I'm nothing but a stranger in this world" -Van Morrison

"Are you Bluish? You don't look Bluish."

AQ-43 (32-50 indicates a strong likelihood of Asperger syndrome or autism).
EQ-14 out of 80
Rdos: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 173 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


longshot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,309
Location: In some fictional location

04 Mar 2019, 9:12 am

I love at how some movies will start production then cease production, then start up again


_________________
Just dealing with hurdles and stumbling blocks


cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,297
Location: Ontario Canada

04 Mar 2019, 11:45 am

longshot wrote:
I love at how some movies will start production then cease production, then start up again

Me too. I think Hollywood is really interesting. It is one of my interests.


_________________
I like to talk about Asperger'srelated issues as well as Asperger's related interest. So PM me!


PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2017
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,438
Location: In between the 2 extremes

04 Mar 2019, 12:08 pm

GTA IV on Steam!


_________________
Maybe at the time, it felt like dreaming


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,280
Location: Portland, Oregon

04 Mar 2019, 3:54 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
longshot wrote:
I love at how some movies will start production then cease production, then start up again

Me too. I think Hollywood is really interesting. It is one of my interests.


Ditto. I hope that one of my scripts will be optioned by a studio and get made into a movie.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,280
Location: Portland, Oregon

04 Mar 2019, 3:57 pm

BrokenPieces wrote:
sidetrack wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I went to go see Alita: Battle Angel earlier today and I cried at the end. I was not expecting this movie to have a lot of emotional kick to it, but it was definitely worth seeing.

I will also admit that I am glad I did not ask my mom to come with me to the theater that I went to see it because she would have gotten pissed if she saw me crying.


I am both intrigued and grateful for the second sentence you typed.
___

Chapters 7 and 8 of 'Surfaces and Essences: Analogy as the fuel and fire of thinking' by Douglas R. Hofstadter and Emmanuel Sander



Ditto. Why would she be mad you cried?


Gender stereotyping. My mom believes all males (including those on the spectrum) must behave in certain ways in order to move forward in life which makes this one reason why I hate it when my overtly masculine uncle visits. He is an absolute d-bag.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2017
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,438
Location: In between the 2 extremes

04 Mar 2019, 4:47 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
BrokenPieces wrote:
sidetrack wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I went to go see Alita: Battle Angel earlier today and I cried at the end. I was not expecting this movie to have a lot of emotional kick to it, but it was definitely worth seeing.

I will also admit that I am glad I did not ask my mom to come with me to the theater that I went to see it because she would have gotten pissed if she saw me crying.


I am both intrigued and grateful for the second sentence you typed.
___

Chapters 7 and 8 of 'Surfaces and Essences: Analogy as the fuel and fire of thinking' by Douglas R. Hofstadter and Emmanuel Sander



Ditto. Why would she be mad you cried?


Gender stereotyping. My mom believes all males (including those on the spectrum) must behave in certain ways in order to move forward in life which makes this one reason why I hate it when my overtly masculine uncle visits. He is an absolute d-bag.


Ah yes, good ol' society :roll:


_________________
Maybe at the time, it felt like dreaming


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,280
Location: Portland, Oregon

04 Mar 2019, 6:01 pm

PBL187 wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
BrokenPieces wrote:
sidetrack wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I went to go see Alita: Battle Angel earlier today and I cried at the end. I was not expecting this movie to have a lot of emotional kick to it, but it was definitely worth seeing.

I will also admit that I am glad I did not ask my mom to come with me to the theater that I went to see it because she would have gotten pissed if she saw me crying.


I am both intrigued and grateful for the second sentence you typed.
___

Chapters 7 and 8 of 'Surfaces and Essences: Analogy as the fuel and fire of thinking' by Douglas R. Hofstadter and Emmanuel Sander



Ditto. Why would she be mad you cried?


Gender stereotyping. My mom believes all males (including those on the spectrum) must behave in certain ways in order to move forward in life which makes this one reason why I hate it when my overtly masculine uncle visits. He is an absolute d-bag.


Ah yes, good ol' society :roll:


My mom grew up in a religious household and to this day she is still in denial that I have AS. I was diagnosed with AS when I was 13, so I don't know why she still believes in this notion.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2017
Age: 66
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,986

04 Mar 2019, 8:27 pm

I hope the new pain in my ankle does not mean something has gone wrong with the healing process. I see Ortho on Friday and was hoping to get released from cast-dom. I am very tired of being dependent on others and critically aware that some people have to live with this an entire lifetime.


_________________
Eyes that watch the morning star
usually shine brighter,
Arms held out to dark they say,
usually hold tighter.


Threnody, Dorothy Parker
as modified by David Tamulovich