December 26th, Doomsday in History

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 8:58 am

In recent times this happened on December 26th - aka Doomsday -

1997 - The Soufriere Hills volcano on the island of Montserrat explodes, creating a small tsunami offshore.
1998 - Iraq announced its intention to fire upon U.S. and British warplanes that patrol the northern and southern no-fly zones.
1998 - Severe gales over Ireland, northern England, and southern Scotland cause widespread disruption and widespread power outages in Northern Ireland and southern Scotland.
1999 - Severe weather in France kills over 100 people and causes extensive damage to property and trees and the French national power grid (see Lothar).
2002 - French Raelian scientist Brigitte Boisselier says Clonaid has delivered the first of a supposed five clone babies through cesarean section.
2003 - A strong magnitude 6.6 earthquake devastates southeast Iranian city of Bam, killing tens of thousands and destroying the citadel of Arg-é Bam.
2004 - An earthquake measuring 9.3 on the Richter magnitude scale creates a tsunami causing devastation in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, The Maldives and many other areas around the rim of the Indian Ocean, killing more than 300,000.

What will a week and half away bring?

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 10:56 am

A very boring Boxing Day TV schedule?

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 10:59 am

Found these on Wikipedia, thought they were worth a mention
1811: A theater fire in Richmond, Virginia kills the Governor of Virginia George William Smith and the president of the First National Bank of Virginia Abraham B. Venable.
838: A heavy storm surge causes floods in nearly all the coastal areas of the Low Countries.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:04 am

gismo wrote:
1811: A theater fire in Richmond, Virginia kills the Governor of Virginia George William Smith and the president of the First National Bank of Virginia Abraham B. Venable.
838: A heavy storm surge causes floods in nearly all the coastal areas of the Low Countries.

After Bam and the Tsunami in Indonesia happening BOTH on the same day a year apart - too weird for it to be coincidence. Something is going to happen this year. I know it. Mark my words.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:20 am

jjstar wrote:
gismo wrote:

After Bam and the Tsunami in Indonesia happening BOTH on the same day a year apart - too weird for it to be coincidence. Something is going to happen this year. I know it. Mark my words.

I know... It's odd isn't it, I suppose It would be pretty hard to hide a machine powerful enough to cause that much destruction from the Press and Secret service

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:25 am

gismo wrote:
jjstar wrote:
gismo wrote:

I know... It's odd isn't it, I suppose It would be pretty hard to hide a machine powerful enough to cause that much destruction from the Press and Secret service

Have you been listening to Coast 2 Coast? :) I'd like to see that machine they've got - any idea where one can find some info on the web on this so-called quake maker?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:36 am

The Tesla Quakeomatic?

Once again, he made it, showed it in action, put it back in his pocket and left.

Not a big maket for earthquake making machines.

But a great hobby.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 1:42 pm

Tesla could do it any time.

The real reason for the 26th is a lack of Proper Religion.

A lack of Sun Worship causes destruction.

When the Sun reaches the farthest point south, the 26th, it hangs in one place for five days.

During these five days it's gravatational pull is from one direction.

It has long been known as a time of disaster. Dis Astar=Evil Star.

The Sumarians counted the perfect year as 360 days. The gift of life for the year was over, and now came the wrath, for the bad would be punished.

All fires were put out, the people ate cold food, unground grain, for it was the time of floods, storms, earthquakes, so they prepared, and wearing their old clothes, not brushing their hair, nor bathing, they wailed the funeral song for the year that had died.

They waited for the just punishment to come, for the Five Dead Days were the time of chastisement.

Putting out all fires, stocking up on uncooked grain, was a good idea, for it was storm. flood, and earthquake weather. The land tide of Earth had stopped, and now the gravatational pull came from one point, for five days, as it reversed.

The Solar engine was being shifted into reverse, and like a train, coming to a stop, then reversing, all of the stresses were suddenly opposed, the gaps between the cars from pull, now closed and smashed together from push.

An Ocean away the Mayan and Aztec also had the same rites of the Dead Days, also put out all fires in the land, and stocked uncooked food.

It was time to mourn, show sorrow, and beg forgivness, for the Sun would cast down cities, crack open the Earth, bring down mountains, and walls of water came from the sea washing away all trace of over proud people.

Some years, they were spared, but some years they were punished severly.

Putting out fires and stocking food that did not need to be cooked were disaster planning, for if once a generation, some girl talked back to her mother, and angered the Sun, everyone would pay.

The uncooked grain was seed, for when everything was destroyed, they each needed seed so the survivors would have something to plant.

Like children caught doing something very bad, they waited for their punishment. They told their life giving parent they were very sorry, and and fully accepted that they would get what they deserved.

They begged the Sun to return, to give them another chance. To forgive them.

In preparing to meet their fate, in the Mayan and Sumarian, all debts had to be paid in full before the Dead Days. For during the punishment, none could call that another owed them.

Punished or spared it was over in five days, for the Sun God is just, and has mercy on life.

On the sixth day, those who kept watch, measured the position of the Sun, reported He was Rising from the Dead and would give them another year of life.

Picking the fairest virgin in the land, she was dressed in her finest, then her heart was cut out, opened, and a new fire kindeled within. It spread from house to house, village to village, and the sacred flame must be kept living for 360 days. Letting the fire go out could cause big problems.

Then everyone took a bath, put on their best, and feasted for days.

The Five Dead Days are found in places that had earthquakes, Tsunami.

In other places the Sun was worshipped on the longest day, shortest night. Mid Summers Night in the North. A time to burn fires all night, and play with girls for spring born children of the Sun. It was the highth of Solar Power, and a good warm night for making babies. Paternity was not a question, for it was worship of the Sun's Power to give life. The Sun was considered the Father of All.

The girls built the fire, brought the feast, and it stood for all the good the Sun had given them. Out in the darkness in a ring around the fire, was for sex.

Close to the fire they ate, danced around it, then danced farther into the night, a spinning circle of life seeking life, males turning one way, females another, till they danced in pairs laying down in the dark, then each continued the circle dance. All women who wanted children had a right to dance around the circle of men.

I miss the good old days.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Dec 2007, 1:56 pm

i thought the 21st of december was the day the sun was furthest south, hence the longest NIGHT, and shortest day, in the northern hemisphere. And the longest DAY in the southern. After which the lengths immediately change in opposite direction, which i would have thought meant that the position of sun relative to earth was changing too?
Not stuck in one place.
i think the solstice ( 21st) is a date with powerful energy. The cusp between nights lengthening and nights shortening. Something to celebrate. :D :D :D ( fervently)
Re: 26th, isn't it the case that if take any date in calender can find this many catastrophes?
Or is there some evidence that depending on which astrological part of year is in the type of disaster is different? ! :wink:

8)

Last edited by ouinon on 17 Dec 2007, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2007, 2:24 pm

1984 - I was born

:P

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 2:33 pm

And then what happened, Fishie? Did your mother see you and have a heart attack? :lol:

Maybe the 26th disaster thing is God punishing us for Christmas that year being too material... once again. :lol:

fishie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2007, 2:36 pm

Besides making her barf up all her Xmas dinner and making her have an emergency C-section, I was a perfect baby. I slept all the time and never cried. My mom didn't hesitate to get pregnant again when I asked for a baby sister three years later, and then she gave birth to my hellion sister.

My work there was done.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 2:37 pm

GO FISHIE! Are you and your sis like a dynamic duo?

fishie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2007, 2:49 pm

Ana54 wrote:
GO FISHIE! Are you and your sis like a dynamic duo?

OH yes! We're slowly driving my conservative Catholic mother insane. She's a Muslim Lesbian, I'm a bisexual-poly-aspie covered in tattoos and piercings, and both of us are so smart, successful, and full of common-sense she doesn't know what to do about us.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 3:18 pm

I'm sure if you googled enough you could probably find disasters every year somewhere in the world on any day of the year...

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2007, 3:28 pm

wtf doomday is on 2012 those maya guys said that it would happen then because either they were very clever or they took a load of drugs one day and painted cow's bright yellow then made houses in trees....