Steak Knife
Kriss Blade Boot Dagger
Damascus Dagger
Bread cutting Knife
Carving Knife
Tomahawk Bowie Hunting Knife
"Gladiator" Hunting Knife

My Damascus:

Custom and hand made. Composed of 512 layers of carbon steel, with a stag antler and brass handle, with a randomly patterned blade.

In many ways and to my eternal indignation I am fast becoming a completely typical JtHM fan.

Last edited by Aridarr on 23 Dec 2007, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 10:03 pm

cool :P I collect swords...
I should take a pic sometimes :)

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 11:50 pm

Nice. I don't have anything like a Damascus knife and I don't have a camera to take pictures with. But here's my weapon collection:

Throwing knives(2, lost one)
Pen knife
Pocket knife with two fold out blades
Folding switchblade
Boot knife
Combat knife
Novelty knife (a miniature survival knife)
Rattan nunchuck
And a really cheap ninja sword

caffeine_demon
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2007, 5:54 pm

I'm collecting knife wounds - could you come round and help?? :P

Gamer1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Dec 2007, 9:16 pm

I collect pocket knives. I dont like large knives or daggers, too bulky. I have 3 vintage 1966 oldtimers. There were 3 models I have 2 of the really small ones and the extra lg. all made in 1966. I have several swiss army knives. One even has a USB flash drive built in! and then I have a hand crafted knife that my grandpa made and a pen knife.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

24 Dec 2007, 9:49 pm

I have many blades for many occasions. But if I had to choose a pinnacle for my knife collection, it would probably be this one:

It is an ATAC fixed/combo blade, by Masters of Defense. It doesn't just look mean; it is designed for real combat.

"The stunning Duane Dieter/Jim Ray collaboration called the ATAC (Advanced Tactical Combat Fighter) has been awarded the prestigious International Blade Show's Overall Knife of the Year trophy. MOD CQD Mark V ATAC Bead Blast Advanced Tactical Fighter. 12 7/8" overall. 6 7/8" high carbon steel recurved modified spear point blade with carbo-nitride black finish. Textured glass filled Zytel finger grooved handle with wing walk inserts for secure grip. Striker hilt and protected steel butt cap. Black Kydex belt sheath."

Good fortune,

- Icarus has no Damascus steel in his hoard yet...

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

24 Dec 2007, 10:04 pm

Of course, the ATAC is not practical for day-to-day carry. For that, I must give honorable mention to these:

Members of the Cold Steel Recon 1 family. One of the nicest features of these is that the steel belt-clip is reversible, as has been done on one of these matched pair, enabling me to keep one in each back pocket (most folders assume you’re right-handed). They utilize a very interesting semi-assisted opening technique where all that is required to open them is a flick of the wrist; this opening method works in either direction, so the blade can be opened "up" (tip towards the thumb) or down. And they can be easily closed one-handed by pressing the blade-lock and giving a similar flick. Functional and beautiful.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is a fan of both tanto tips and combo blades...

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2007, 11:22 pm

I have a collection of steak knifes I stole from restaurants.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 3:09 am

I am not sure about this

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

25 Dec 2007, 5:23 am

Kilroy wrote:
cool :P I collect swords...
I should take a pic sometimes :)

Cool! I'm saving up for a sword for dancing. They are made so you can balance them on your head while you're dancing.

Helen

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2007, 7:25 am

I always carry one knife or another.

Right now, I always have a Leatherman Charge multi tool with me, and a pocket knife.
The pocket knife is usually a Coldsteel Ti-Lite, but lately I've been trying out a smaller Leatherman E series. It's smaller and more useful in a few ways, but sadly the clip is in the stupid direction so I have to flip it around after drawing it.
The Ti-Lite has the clip in the smart direction. (If you know what I mean, you know what I mean...)
Other than that, I have a dagger very reminiscent of the daggers from Dark City, a neck knife I bought in China, and a 17" kukri knife for home defense and chopping wood...

I'm quite modest and pragmatic, so I only buy a knife if I need it.
I have two friends who buy new expensive knives every month, which is nice because I can test them and buy the used ones they don't want anymore from them :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 8:07 am

Cool. :)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 9:15 am

the lines and colours on the damascus knife look great,can't see the others though [v/perception problem].
Used to have a collection of mainly flick knives but they had been given to am by a cousin.

Am hate how people often say collecting knives are only for doing bad things,when they make a good collection,so much difference and feel in them.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

edal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 9:16 am

The best way to get stabbed, carry a knife. I prefer to rely on forty years of martial arts training even if I'm unfit and getting old.

Ed Almos

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Dec 2007, 9:27 am

I have a collection of knives from europe during WW2, my grandfather somehow brought over all this 'war booty' and consisted of a german helmit, a few guns, and many different knives, I have identified 2 as hitler youth knives and 1 SS, another maby an officer, I would take a pic but they are at mom and dads house and they dont want me tellin anybody about them because they fear they would get stollen. Ya, like tons of people out their want a knife like that anyways, jeeze... :roll:

SuperSteve
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Dec 2007, 10:18 am

My hand-forged spear beats you all.