Page 2739 of 4100 [ 65585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2736, 2737, 2738, 2739, 2740, 2741, 2742 ... 4100  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 11:02 am

Just google "Island of Misfit Toys" and check images. You'll see the toys. They are toys that have been discarded by children or entirely unable to find loving homes because of their differences. I loved the spotted elephant. There was a little doll who actually looked like me, but I couldn't figure out her difference so I didn't feel sorry for her. In retrospect maybe she was autistic and judged by her normal appearance? (Deep analysis, here).

You can probably find a YouTube link to the Island of Misfit Toys.

Baloney is a good thing, especially fried. I don't know about Oscar. I called it "Aballoney", as in "I'd like Aballoney sandwich, please".

Why was Oscar the Grouch such a grouch? Was he homeless or did he have a personality disorder?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 1:24 pm

He was a grouch....but everybody knew he has a soft heart underneath it all. His home was his garbage can.

Oscar is Oscar Meyer. Can’t stand baloney (bologna). I refuse to eat it.

Remember that Beefaroni commercial with all the kids running excitedly, seemingly to Nowhere?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 7:21 pm

Nope.

Do you believe that everybody finds love in the end?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 7:23 pm

I would say usually, not always.

Reese’s Pieces, or M & Ms?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 1:10 am

??

what was the last piece of clothing you bought?

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 4:51 am

A woolen medieval style tunic and a woolen hat. I have recently been to a medieval festival...

Do you have a particular mythological character you find especially interesting?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 9:42 am

I liked the story of Daedalus and Icarus.

Do you own more than five pair of shoes?

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 9:49 am

Yes, but I only regularly wear one pair

Same Question

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 9:52 am

I think I do too, but I usually wear my Converse or Birkenstocks in the summer. I have Doc Martins, wellies, and other winter boots. I tossed all of my high heels.

Do you still speak to your best friend from childhood (if you had a best friend in childhood?)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 10:28 am

I had a best friend. I last saw him when I was 17.

Same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 10:38 am

My history of best friends (all true)
1) Age 5 -6. I got angry with her because her house faced the opposite direction of mine, so I said she was weird.
I liked things to stay the same, so this change in perspective from her window was baffling. I also thought she was crackers when she said the plural of baby was "babies" instead of babys. I think of that every time I spell babies, now.
She moved away.

2) Age 7-8. I invited a girl to play in my Elton John dream world but she thought it was very strange and wanted to play with regular toys, or else dictate the Elton John story line. We stopped talking.

3) Adolescence: I had a friend whom I tried my best to emulate. I couldn't do it. I destroyed all my things to be cool and I smoked / swore / went punk before nearly killing myself (TRIGGER) from the ensuing breakdown.

4) I had no friends in high school (especially not during the years in California), but met one girl through a summer job. We remained excellent friends by correspondence until she rang me to say she didn't want to be my friend any more. I was "dumped" like a boyfriend would dump a girl.

Other friends have just been acquaintances etc.

So no, I don't speak to any childhood best friends. The closest I'd come is that I speak to two people I knew in Uni, via Facebook. I haven't seen them in decades.

Disclaimer: LOL. I realize this makes me sound like I have trouble with friendships. I'm not "mean" or a bad friend. The reason I have trouble is that I'm so introverted, I never wanted to do anything or go anywhere with the other girls. It was too exhausting to be sociable.

Do you have a paper calendar?

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 17 Jun 2018, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 10:53 am

Not a calendar, no, but I do still always have a paper pocket diary on me, as I have a terrible memory but absolutely no desire to own a smart-phone.

What compliment that you've received meant the most to you?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 10:56 am

Trogluddite wrote:
Not a calendar, no, but I do still always have a paper pocket diary on me, as I have a terrible memory but absolutely no desire to own a smart-phone.

What compliment that you've received meant the most to you?

I'm going to think on that for a while and get back to you. I'm poor at receiving compliments so it will take me some time to reflect.

Same question.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 11:55 am

I'm not really sure how to answer that one, either.

Do you have a favourite mythological story?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2018, 1:40 pm

Too many favorites, so none in particular.

Same question.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 7:28 am

I would say Journey to the West.

How often do you have a new "interest"?