Page 3841 of 4177 [ 66826 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3838, 3839, 3840, 3841, 3842, 3843, 3844 ... 4177  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:46 pm

I can't play guitar at all for some reason. I can only play the most basic chords.

Let's face it: Jimi was a maven!

Do you think Eric Clapton was "God" in 1965?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:47 pm

First book was a picture book about Dinosaurs.

Beatles stopped performing in 1966. Their live act would be interesting to see in the 70s. But Led Zeppelin are better musicians, and would blow them away.

I like Pink Floyd early 70s work. not so much anything after "the wall". Live in Pompeii, Dark Side is good.

Hendrix over anybody.

I would play guitar with any part of my body if it sounded as good as Hendrix.

No i dont think Eric Clapton, was all that special, compared to his competition/peers at the time. Certainly no deity.

Frank Zappa or Stevie Ray Vaughan?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:50 pm

I don't like Eric Clapton. I never thought he was God.

Can't stand Zappa. You must be reading my mind because I almost said "Hendrix or Stevie Ray Vaughan?" earlier, but I didn't know if people would know SRV.

What books are you reading now?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:56 pm

I'm reading something called "Uppity," an autobiography of a baseball player who had to face racism in the 1950s.

Same question.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 6:59 pm

I dont really read. I prefer to listen to audiobooks.And if its a books i really want to read(listen to) and doesn't have official audio book. i will bulk convert text to audio and make my own.

Last book i 'listened' to (not custom ,but official) :
Ken Wilber - Brief History of Everything...(or something of that nature, forget the title exactly)

I'm very familiar with SRV. Yes, I was reading your mind. :D :lol:

Same q

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 7:11 pm

Image Image

Novalis for research, and Villette (Charlotte Bronte) for pleasure

Although I must admit I spent this whole day playing on WP, waiting for my car, reprimanding four naughty pets, and nursing my sick daughter. I didn't get much reading done at all. Some days it's very hard to focus when I have so much to deal with at home. :(

Next book you want to read (hear) ?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 7:17 pm

I don't have books lined up. I just randomly feel the need to follow something up. Mood is temperamental. What i want to dive into one week, could be completely different next week. It all depends on how i feel and what comes up.

same q

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 7:24 pm

For pleasure: I'm kind of anal about finishing my 2021 reading list. I'm not sure if I will, but it'll be close. I took a detour when I started doing research and writing articles, which I hadn't factored into the timeline.

Remaining books from my original list (written 01/01/21), are

Clarissa, Samuel Richardson (unfortunately it's 1540 pages)
Armadale, Wilkie Collins (only half as long, but it's tiny print)
The Complete Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales (I read about half)
Vathek, Wm Beckford (I read about half)

None of them are calling my name lately but I want to finish my list so I can plan my 2022 list :)

Do you feel an overwhelming need to follow through with plans like that? ^

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 7:38 pm

No i am quite undisciplined, sporadic, and can never stick to things. I like Orderly Chaos. Or disorderly structure. but yeah, i think i have some kind demand avoidance disorder.

When i was younger i was more into reading books, and i would line books up, and methodically go through them. I guess im just burnt out on books. I dont' know how you can read that much, i guess it must be comforting to you, you must be a libraphiliac.

Have you ever made a person laugh till they hurt?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 7:50 pm

I'm actually a pretty slow reader, I think? I have ADHD as you can likely tell (LMAO) so it's hard for me to focus. If I love the book I read every line ten times to savour the rhythm, and I take notes / cross reference even my leisure books. If it's a crazy-brain day like today I barely get any reading done at all. It seems to be all or nothing. Today was almost nothing.

It helps being home full time in a quiet house just me and my daughter. Even when I'm at my boyfriend's place we spend a lot of time reading and writing since I don't do restaurants or traditional stuff like that. I'm writing a book too, on top of my research articles.

I think maybe my amphetamines are to blame this year. I don't normally make reading lists at all. I'm normally haphazard like you, but I decided this year would be more organised. I feel compelled to finish what I planned, since it was such a formal New Year's resolution in writing. Otherwise I don't always carry through with plans.

Anyway, I'm done with this crazy marathon day!

Goodnight!

Someone supply the next question before I pass out.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 8:04 pm

LOL Yeah its hard coming up with questions...I'm better able to handle these things in person. IRL. I also may have ADHD.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 3:08 am

No books for me.

And yes. I did made someone laugh so hard it hurt them. :lol:

Same question.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 4:01 am

Books are my preferred escape hatch. Parenthood has messed royally with my reading. I like to read in marathon sessions. I can't seem to do little and often. Parenthood doesn't allow for anything else though. I have written a book in the last couple of years but it's not very good so I plan to write another one.

Currently reading When we cease to understand the world by Benjamin Labatut. It's a small book but I've been reading it a while because I have to keep rereading bits. I feel like the ideas in it are just on the edge of my cognitive abilities. I like to read books by people who seem smarter than me.

I don't recall making anyone laugh that much no. Except myself. I know it's not cool to laugh at your own jokes but no one finds me as funny as I do.

How do you feel about carpets in bathrooms?

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 5:17 am

DuckHairback wrote:

How do you feel about carpets in bathrooms?

:x YUCK! SO much surface area for bacteria, viruses, etc. to grow in a room that is naturally full of moisture. That is a terrible idea.

Are you good at taking compliments? Do you feel you are deserving of compliments?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 7:09 am

I am not comfortable taking compliments. I do not feel like I deserve compliments. My instinct is always to deflect them and diminish any role I may have had in whatever attracted the compliment. I am getting better at overcoming this instinct and simply saying thankyou.

How is your balance?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 7:17 pm

Normal.

Same question.