Does Anybody Else Feel the Same Way I Do About This?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 11:18 pm

Apparently this video Two Girls and 1 Cup has become something of a legend. Apparently the in-thing is to record your parents or grandparents being grossed out after being tricked into watching this: Then posting the video to You Tube. Yes I know, it's all for laughs but from my viewpoint it takes a pig to do this to one's elderly grandmother. I posted this under Random Discussion because I don't know where else to post this but if this is moved to the mature section then I understand.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 11:32 pm

Yeah, I've seen some of the "showing grandpa" "showing the roommate" videos. The grandpa reaction looked totally fake to me. Maybe I'm out of touch with today's old people but there was no "shock" or startle reaction. I would have that if I actually saw the original video (I can't bring myself to do that). My husband startled just by hearing about it.

So, unless I'm really missing some stuff, I'm not worried about the grandparents' that let their kids show them videos. It reminds me of my relatives that would play their kids' music (rap) and laugh and complain about it. "Isn't that terrible??! !" <laughing>

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 12:50 am

someone told me of this and i'm slightly turned off on seeing it.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Avenger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jan 2008, 1:21 pm

I have not watched it. I have read what it is about, and that is enough incentive for me never to watch it. I have no need to pollute my brain with garbage like that.

From watching the reaction videos on YouTube, I have learned that there is yet another video, called Pain Olympics, which makes the 2 Girls video look like disney. Apparently it is so bad that some guy got a seizure from watching it. I have not seen it either, and have no desire to.