Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Feb 2008, 2:34 pm

Anyone watching tonight. I just got invited to a party across town, so I am not sure on one hand I just bought a brand new high def LCD TV to watch the fight on and on the other I got a gathering of a few good friends and all, not sure what I am doin yet and I just wanted to see who else was watching tonight.

Their have been many bets placed where I work on Brock Lesnar to win, and not being much of a betting person, I put $20 on Frank Mir just to get in on the pot.

The title fight is between Tim Sylvia and Antonio Nogueira.

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

Location: not in my house not in my street not in my shool but in my own world

02 Feb 2008, 3:05 pm

woodsman25 wrote:
Anyone watching tonight. I just got invited to a party across town, so I am not sure on one hand I just bought a brand new high def LCD TV to watch the fight on and on the other I got a gathering of a few good friends and all, not sure what I am doin yet and I just wanted to see who else was watching tonight.

Their have been many bets placed where I work on Brock Lesnar to win, and not being much of a betting person, I put $20 on Frank Mir just to get in on the pot.

The title fight is between Tim Sylvia and Antonio Nogueira.

ufc thats wired its like ucfc my rugby club

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 3:22 pm

Nothing better than seeing somebodys teeth getting kicked out

I think Brock Lesnar is brutal and i can imagine there to be alot of throwing Hes a pure athlete and very strong has huge shoulders.

Im watching it sunday night here lets bet how many teeth will be lost in this match ?

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Feb 2008, 3:26 pm

HAAAA. But while brock has been an athlete wrestling in the WWE (I think) as well as in collage, amoung other things what it comes down to in the octagon often is experience and Brock just has not been a UFC fighter for that long, unlike Mir who is a former champion, he was injured in a car accident and was out for a while, but still... UFC is different and Brock is a big, strong athlete in the octagon experience is a BIG thing.

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 3:27 pm

Comet wrote:
Nothing better than seeing somebodys teeth getting kicked out

I think Brock Lesnar is brutal and i can imagine there to be alot of throwing Hes a pure athlete and very strong has huge shoulders.

Im watching it sunday night here lets bet how many teeth will be lost in this match ?

200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 teef tell me if im right

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 3:47 pm

woodsman25 wrote:
HAAAA. But while brock has been an athlete wrestling in the WWE (I think) as well as in collage, amoung other things what it comes down to in the octagon often is experience and Brock just has not been a UFC fighter for that long, unlike Mir who is a former champion, he was injured in a car accident and was out for a while, but still... UFC is different and Brock is a big, strong athlete in the octagon experience is a BIG thing.

I think Brock will adapt very well he is strong and i think alot of throwing will take place he was in the WWE and he broke somebodys neck so it all depends its on sunday here in the Uk experience is good but not always great i think Brock will win

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 3:49 pm

Comet wrote:
woodsman25 wrote:

I think Brock will adapt very well he is strong and i think alot of throwing will take place he was in the WWE and he broke somebodys neck so it all depends its on sunday here in the Uk experience is good but not always great i think Brock will win

ur in uk??

Cirrus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2008, 5:55 pm

I'm looking forward to the Lesnar/Mir fight tonight. I don't think Lesnar is ready for the big time yet but I'm hoping for the best. His wrestling and striking is UFC ready but it's tough to project where his submission & takedown defense is. He's ridiculously huge and agile for his size. I don't think he's ready to make an impact now but he's got the tools to be a force in the heavyweight division in the future.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Feb 2008, 7:46 pm

eddiedog8 wrote:
Comet wrote:
woodsman25 wrote:

ur in uk??

Nope CNY USA.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Feb 2008, 4:57 am

Well... I decided to go to that small gathering. That was fun on the way their (its a 20 min drive) i discovered I had a flat, I have AAA but wanted to hurry up. I decided to drive another 10 mins to my parents house and me and my father fixed the tire and from their I drove the 10 mins back to my friends house for the fight I missed almost an hour worth but had a good time chillin with friends I have not seen in a little bit. The tire and wheel well or whatever its called was ruined, I drove on the flat for a few miles. That will cost about $100 for the entire new wheel, hehehe.

I won $20 brock lesnar submitted, he went in all hopped up on adrenalin and really had Mir it seemed for a bit, kept hammer fisting his head and face. Lesnar was sloppy and was trying to beat Mir into submission to quickly, Mir did some ju-jitsu and submitted him, nice. 8)

I was surprised at Tim Sylvia's loss in the end. He was also winning and even seemed so confident that he let the guy back up several times. He seemed he would clearly be the winner, only to loose by submission after over 10 mins of getting pounded by Sylvia.

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2008, 9:06 am

woodsman25 wrote:
eddiedog8 wrote:
Comet wrote:
woodsman25 wrote:

ur in uk??

Nope CNY USA.

no comet

pinoy_pac_fan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Feb 2008, 10:16 am

not a bad UFC card.

i thought tim sylvia could beat nog.

i was wrong. 8)

-Eeyore

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Feb 2008, 5:06 am

pinoy_pac_fan wrote:
not a bad UFC card.

i thought tim sylvia could beat nog.

i was wrong. 8)

Ya you and me both. And Tim Sylvia had the guy MULTYPLE times! What was he thinking. This may be the last time we hear from Sylvia for a while unfortunatly hes a nasty guy and I enjoy the fights hes in.

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 5:16 am

eddiedog8 wrote:
woodsman25 wrote:
eddiedog8 wrote:
Comet wrote:
woodsman25 wrote:

ur in uk??

Nope CNY USA.

no comet

Yeah UK

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 12:25 pm

Comet wrote:
eddiedog8 wrote:
woodsman25 wrote:
eddiedog8 wrote:
Comet wrote:
woodsman25 wrote:

ur in uk??

Nope CNY USA.

no comet

Yeah UK

where comet im in uk im near london