Persue a dream or persue reality?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 5:14 am

Its an agonizing decision :(

Options:

1- Study abroad to study the career I like and once finished stay in that country permanently. Never been to that country but I love everything I read about it (New Zealand). The issue is that money wise id likely be not well off for a decade or 2.

2- Stay here, purchase own home, finish a degree im not interested much in but just finish it to have a bachelor degree on my resume.

Both have a possibility of leading to the other. I can stay here and finish my major, buy my house, stay here for a few years more, resell house for a bit of profit then move to NZ.... or move to NZ, study and settle there, be practically broke for years (job is secure but not exactly better paying than my current one) and a decent chance of owning my own home over there before im 40.

Note: im single so no kids no nothing. Just me. Don't know if i'd have any better luck with kiwi ladies than with the american ladies :P

Discuss!

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 5:22 am

I think it's staggeringly wonderful to have these options open to you and I don't see you going wrong choosing either one!

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 5:40 am

Fortune favors the foolish!

Do it now. You might decide you get tired of it and want to try somewhere else like Canada or Australia.

You'll be broke but you'll be broke somewhere you want to be living as opposed to getting by comfortably somewhere you don't want to be. Selling a house is a lot of work. Nows not a good time for it buying or selling anyway.

All you really have is your time here.

Be careful, I can tell you what really happened to" the boy whos dreams all came true."

He got bored.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

19 Feb 2008, 10:02 am

Forget about money, careers and studies for a while....think about what you WANT, not what is "safe". The only way you'll get what you want out of life is if you do what will make you happy...not rich, or qualified...but just happy. Then make a decision.

GoddessofSin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2008, 11:13 am

If you are actually secure enough to follow your dream then do it!! ! So many people (myself included) need security and never take that other road. I agree with the others go for it! You are still young and you never know what could happen, you could be be rich sooner than you know!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

19 Feb 2008, 1:11 pm

i'd go with the dream. reality is kindof boring :wink: