I'm afraid to go to the hospital alone

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 2:59 pm

I've been feeling sick for a while and I'm sure I must see a physician but I'm afraid of going alone and I don't have anyone to go with me

Now also I have tooth ache but I don't want to go to the dentistry alone

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 7:20 pm

Part of life and personal growth is being scared to do things but going ahead and doing it anyway.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 7:45 pm

I went once and it was horrible :/ they put me in a room so warm, and they gave me some medicine that made me very very nervous :( them they gave something to relax and i don't even remember how i got back home? i just know i slept for hours on my living room floor when I got back.

I wasn't afraid to go alone before it, but then I just go traumatized :/

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 7:55 pm

That doesn't sound like a dentist visit.

Chances of having such an extreme encounter on your next visit are almost zero, go for it.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 8:10 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
That doesn't sound like a dentist visit.

Chances of having such an extreme encounter on your next visit are almost zero, go for it.

yes, it was at the hospital – but despite the dentistry I also need to go to hospital, because i'm not feeling good either on another stuff. i can't make an appointment because i have no money nor health care plan, but if i go straight to the hospital it's free.

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2017, 2:14 am

I believe you can do it. Just think that you can go at the hospital on your own. Sometimes, we have to be mature enough to handle tough situations for the good. Go ahead and be brave enough. Otherwise, not having it treated right away might cause a bigger issue on your part.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 11:22 am

I always go to the hospital alone when I have appointments with the psychiatrist. Usually my parents drive me there, but I go in by myself and a cab back home. A few times I've gone to the hospital alone when I was sick, like the time I went to outpatients for a throat infection a few years ago. The only real problem I have is that unless you're literally dying they make you wait forever. I know it's not good when you start getting jealous of patients much worse off than you because they get to go first. 8O