Foster children as young as 3 being heavily medicated

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 9:12 pm

I am quite disgusted to be honest....

I do not have anything more to say., Nothing more has to be said but people should be aware of this and act to prevent is happening if they can.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnNyA3v7U80[/youtube]

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 10:11 pm

I couldn't carry on watching this but why did they have to do that, I'm actually disturbed by what I've seen and heard on that video, too disturbed and it's a situation that needs to be aware of.

Although at one point, this guy looked like he actually dressed up as a woman or was it just me? :?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 10:45 pm

That's just plain wrong to do that to kids, just to make them more controllable.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 10:50 pm

Er... Lace-Bane was heavily medicated as a child starting when he was 2 for frequent tantrums (looking back... that and his other autistic symptoms) :|.

What does foster children have to do with the equation of it being bad to medicate young children :??

Lace-Bane cannot live without his medication now because his "biological" parents were inadequate in his early years :|.

Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 2:30 am

That's what ADHD medication does - I didn't watch the video, because I have incredibly loud music playing, it doesn't calm the kids or help the focus, it just calms them so the parents don't have to deal with them.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 6:31 am

As others said, it is worth people to know about these things.

Lace-Bane wrote:
Er... Lace-Bane was heavily medicated as a child starting when he was 2 for frequent tantrums (looking back... that and his other autistic symptoms) :|.

What does foster children have to do with the equation of it being bad to medicate young children :??

Lace-Bane cannot live without his medication now because his "biological" parents were inadequate in his early years :|.

I would say medicating itself is nothing to do with foster children, but I just put that as the title as that seems to the the group being targeted in the video.