Personalizing a backpack and an old pulp magazine.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 10:09 pm

I spent quite a bit of money on a new backpack, a fairly " serious, camping " one. I does seem to reduce the strain on my back from carrying so much in my hands :|. Frankly. I better keep it from being stolen :( - and, actually, it occurs to me that personalizing it might make it be seen as less stealable. as not looking store-fresh and easily re-sellable.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 4:24 pm

...I seem to have pulled some sort of distinction here, starting a post that has apparently NO! views WHATSOEVER! :( :wink:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 4:43 pm

Personalizing it may help, but it is probably best to keep it in sight...best thing to do is figure out the things you need daily like essential things and keep them in that bag and keep that bag with you, even if you have to reduce the load in the bag just make sure to keep the back pack with you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 4:44 pm

Now you have 32 views.....

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2019, 5:09 pm

...Let me mention first that ~ this was quite some years ago ~ the cover used was the cover of a 40s pulp magazine, POSSIBLY titled " TIT-BITS " or something similar ~ that had a VERY attractive old-style pulp painting cover, showing a rather Jean Harlow-looking blonde in na swimsuit, standing next to a big barrel full of red apples, eating one herself, holding the apple, with bites in it, out to the reader!! :heart: :P 8) Methinks some ~ " suggestion " ~ was intended! 8O
That's especially since the mag, when read, was ~ by far stricter 1940s newsstand standards, obviously ~ meant to be a VERY MILD " Naughty " pulp ~ like a PG-13/light R version of the " Spicy " pulps that existed during the era, I think ~ Ya diggeth 8) :) ? Sort of vaguely suggestive/" Salacious " stories. Mostly hinted at.
I tore that cover off and taped it my - homeless - backpack and it almost immediately peeled off :( .
The date of the magazine was just slightly post-World War II, late 1945 or early 1946 ~ I thought it looked more 30s from the Harlow blonde - I guess the past always looks a little earlier than what we, later, think of it as looking like - Once, I found a 1980s LIFE magazine, 1983/4 or so...and the ads and so forth, I guess, looked so Seventies, not Eighties, to me. What, you mean everybody wasn't going around in A Flock Of Seagulls haircuts and Joan Collins big hair and shoulders playing Donkey Kong? :lol: :wink:

EDGAR_54
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Sep 2019, 1:31 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Let me mention first that ~ this was quite some years ago ~ the cover used was the cover of a 40s pulp magazine, POSSIBLY titled " TIT-BITS " or something similar ~ that had a VERY attractive old-style pulp painting cover, showing a rather Jean Harlow-looking blonde in na swimsuit, standing next to a big barrel full of red apples, eating one herself, holding the apple, with bites in it, out to the reader!! :heart: :P 8) Methinks some ~ " suggestion " ~ was intended! 8O
That's especially since the mag, when read, was ~ by far stricter 1940s newsstand standards, obviously ~ meant to be a VERY MILD " Naughty " pulp ~ like a PG-13/light R version of the " Spicy " pulps that existed during the era, I think ~ Ya diggeth 8) :) ? Sort of vaguely suggestive/" Salacious " stories. Mostly hinted at.
I tore that cover off and taped it my - homeless - backpack and it almost immediately peeled off :( .
The date of the magazine was just slightly post-World War II, late 1945 or early 1946 ~ I thought it looked more 30s from the Harlow blonde - I guess the past always looks a little earlier than what we, later, think of it as looking like - Once, I found a 1980s LIFE magazine, 1983/4 or so...and the ads and so forth, I guess, looked so Seventies, not Eighties, to me. What, you mean everybody wasn't going around in A Flock Of Seagulls haircuts and Joan Collins big hair and shoulders playing Donkey Kong? :lol: :wink:

You're funny and witty ASS-P, you should seriously think about writing a Blog. Maybe when you have your essential stuff sorted out?