Do you reply to people's posts you dislike?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

23 Feb 2008, 5:11 am

Is there anyone you dislike but you reply to their posts anyway and you sound helpful or friendly? If so why?

:D

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 6:17 am

There are a few people I dislike. but I post responses to them in a friendly manner.

I do so because if I have something helpful to say then i say it. Not for that person that I dislike, but for any number of people who have the same question but didn't know it (or didn't know how to say it.)

They way I look at it, I come here to find out different ways or approaches for dealing with stuff that I am going through. There are plenty of threads that I read and thing "WOW! I can try that!" and they've worked. And in situations I have over come... well, I want to think I have gone through them for a reason other than just surviving it. Hopefully my tip, even for someone I don't like, helps someone to go through it and flourish rather than just survive.

Of course, my biggest discovery is in my signature. It is simple but if applied correctly contains all the advice in every one of my posts that I have written in my time here.

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 7:08 am

Why shouldn't I try to help people just because I dislike them? We may not see eye to eye, but that doesn't make their problems less real.
Nor does it take away my ability to see the problem from a different angle than the poster, and if I feel my perspective might be helpful, then I post it.

As simple as that.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 7:36 am

There are plenty of people (not here, but elsewhere) who I actively despise, but I still respond to their posts anyway.

I'm just a masochist, I suppose...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 9:42 am

I don't dislike anyone on here. While I often disagree with what some members say, I don't dislike anyone.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 9:53 am

Yes.

I am nice.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 2:10 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I don't dislike anyone on here. While I often disagree with what some members say, I don't dislike anyone.

Like 'em aid topic

Nobody says it better than Tim. This is why we do not ignore him. :thumright:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 2:39 pm

why would I dislike anyone here? I have this need to help people (albeit on my own terms), and sometimes it gets me in trouble. If I think I can help, I try. Probably too many years of tech support...;)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 5:29 pm

I don't dislike anyone, I agree with Tim. I may also not agree but on the other hand that doesn't make me right. However, I don't like it when someone gets on the board and posts something insulting to the community. Didn't come here to debate. So I'll try to ignore it next time.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 6:55 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Same here. :)

Those who know, don't speak.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 7:09 pm

Well I hate you all and still reply to your posts... :wink:

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 7:12 pm

I also agree with Tim and I'm looking for something nice in my cabinets for Goat... just to cheer 'm up!

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 4:50 am

If someone posts something outrageously offensive and disrespectful to me or my friends, then I reply and let them know so.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Feb 2008, 11:32 am

yarr

25 Feb 2008, 2:39 pm

richardbenson wrote:
yarr

You just answered one of my questions.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 3:48 am

Really, there isn't one on WP I dislike. I guess I never considered that way....I respond to posts that 1) are really visible, like if they're on the home page I'll be more likely to respond, and 2) those that 'look' interesting or different or that I have an opinion/comment about.

There are certain favorite WP inhabitants I have, naturally. But I think all of you/us are friends at least, sort-of family like, in a way. I like familiarity. There's no one I wouldn't respond to. Sometimes I just want to have some fun! Not all posts are serious or meaningful. I hope I never come across as harsh....not my intent. I know there are different 'kinds' of Aspies/Auties here, and that's what I like! Diversity.

Sometimes a new member will introduce, then not post again.....I am then sad (?) since I was interested/curious about them.