What do your pets think of human technology?

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:05 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Hedgehog wrote:
The fish have no opinion on anything techie whatsoever, unless I just can't hear what they have to say....

Duh. Fish have micro-brains. They are dumber than chickens and slightly more intelligent than waxed beans. Fish, unlike fowl, tend to lie still once they've had their heads chopped off. :P

Does this mean you've seen a headless fowl?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:11 pm

I heard somewhere that, because the vision-centres of their brains aren't as sophisticated as their human counterparts, animals generally can't comprehend 2-dimensional renderings of a 3-dimensional universe. I'm sure it's interesting for them, but probably just visual nonsense. NOr could Dog or Cat understand the audio track of the human world. Has anyone ever teased a cat with a laser pointer? Your cat, for all his feline cleverness, will never ever realize what a laser pointer is. :lol:

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:13 pm

My iguana hated technology after I took her a photo using a digital camera with flash. Not only hit with its tail the camera, but also the remote controls, watches, and every technologic object. Also, my iguana hated oldschool videogame music, when I played a NES game on my PC, my iguana got nervous and ran away too fast.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2008, 2:32 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Hedgehog wrote:
The fish have no opinion on anything techie whatsoever, unless I just can't hear what they have to say....

Duh. Fish have micro-brains. They are dumber than chickens and slightly more intelligent than waxed beans. Fish, unlike fowl, tend to lie still once they've had their heads chopped off. :P

Brain size does not determine intelligence.

Anyhow, yeah, none of my pets care much about anything technological unless it provides food or water. *Shrugs*

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:35 pm

Whivit wrote:

True. If I recall correctly, a dolphin's brain is larger than ours in total mass and proportion.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2008, 2:40 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
Whivit wrote:

True. If I recall correctly, a dolphin's brain is larger than ours in total mass and proportion.

Dolphins are smarter than us though. :D

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:43 pm

Whivit wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:
Whivit wrote:

Dolphins are smarter than us though. :D

Whivit
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2008, 2:45 pm

I never actually liked those books, but they do illustrate my thoughts nicely. At least in those regards.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 2:52 pm

My cat likes to watch television, specifically CNN, MSNBC, etc. He likes to chase the words that move across the bottom of the screen. He waits for them to come out from the side of the television so he can attack.:lol:

aries
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2008, 3:06 pm

My dog loves to watch any wildlife programmes, especially dog related ones. Her favourite is dog borstal, I keep telling her she could be on it soon if she doesn't buck up her ideas.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 4:52 pm

It would be interesting to ask dolphins a question like, "Who made the sea?" and see what kinda answer they would give. Their language would need mapped out first, but once done, see what they say.

If, as claimed, they're more intelligent than humans and they answer with a name, what would that say?

It would mean nothing out course if an animal did or not, but would be interesting if they did believe in God.

My cockatiels seem to sing for no apparent reason sometimes. I think they may be praising God then. Parakeets used to lead the songs and the cockatiels would sing theirs following the parakeets. It was beautiful before the parakeets died this year.

Just a thought.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

08 Mar 2008, 5:07 pm

-My fish [and snails] make a game of their air stone. The snails slide accross it and get tickeled and the fish swim over the bubbles getting the same effect. The snails also slide up the filter in their tank, go towards the pipe where the clean water it coming out from...go on the end of it and get blown away just for fun haha.
-My Dog likes watching tv...especially animal planet. He watches all of the other dogs. He has a slight fear of the vacuum cleaner though and runs outside whenever it's being used.
-My cats find me typing on the computer very amusing. They often try to sit on the keyboard and attack my fingers haha. One of my cats finds the fridge very useful and often helps themselves to whats inside of it.
-My birds love to listen to the music on my ipod. I can put the headphones ontop of their cage and they either dance around or relax, depending what's playing. One of my birds is afraid of my red gloves.
-My rabbits don't like much of human technology. They prefer to live like animals and enjoy what nature has to offer. Although, they do find shoes VERY interesting and like to climb into them sometimes haha.

Hedgehog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2008, 7:59 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Hedgehog wrote:

That's not true! We had to cut off fish heads when we were gutting some one time, and both the heads and bodies moved after we had cut them apart.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 8:51 pm

My first dachshund, Heidi, used to be afraid of the vacuum cleaner.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 8:54 pm

My dog pays no attention whatsoever to the television or radio. It's as if it didn't even exsist in her world.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 9:01 pm

My birds aren't afraid of the vacuum cleaner, but it appears a lot of animals are.