Gadget/technology phobic- anyone ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 9:33 am

Although I have a credit and debit card I have only ever used them online or over the phone to a charity.
I am actually more than a little phobic about those credit/debit card machines and also those self service facilities in libraries and supermarkets etc.
I get really anxious about not doing it right and holding people up if there is a queue and making a fool of myself.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 9:43 am

firemonkey wrote:
Although I have a credit and debit card I have only ever used them online or over the phone to a charity.
I am actually more than a little phobic about those credit/debit card machines and also those self service facilities in libraries and supermarkets etc.
I get really anxious about not doing it right and holding people up if there is a queue and making a fool of myself.

I'm quite the reverse , I love new tech/gadgets.

You won't make a fool of yourself if you hold people up , it happens all the time , and most of the time it's not even the customers fault - it's the machine.
I love the self service tills in the supermarket but it defeats the object of me using them if something goes wrong and I have to interact with one of them human being thingys :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

It kind of depends on the type of technology or gadget. Likes phones, ugh. :roll:

I have a cell phone, but I only really use it when I'm out shopping and need to call for a ride or something else important. It's quite out of date with a tiny screen and a flip-top, but there's really no point in getting a smart phone since I would never use it to text anyway. I can't comprehend people who are so addicted to their mobile phones they actually have a phobia of having to go without one, or how incredibly rude they are when they use them at places like a movie theater, and when you politely ask them to please turn it off because people are trying to watch and listen to the movie, they act like *you're* the rude one. I could go on for hours about this, but I won't don't worry. :)

And of course there are the idiots who text while driving. :x

On the other hand, my tablet has kept me entertained for hours on end playing games like The Sims Freeplay and making short videos. At least until the batteries got fried and wouldn't recharge anymore. :(