i am 16 and have a 3 MONTH OLD BABY GIRL

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:48 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
Yes, if you can't even handle the pressure of high school, I don't know what better word describes you.

George Bush graduated from Yale, of course, but any professor will tell you that those with enough clout simply are allowed to take classes tailored to "their needs". George Bush simply used his families prestige to get into a school he should of never been at to begin with. I believe UCLA was busted for this practice a couple years ago, but I could be wrong.

Everyone is a statistic. I do mind rudeness, and would hate to be anything but civil, but this situation warrants it. You act like my lack lack of tact somehow detracts from the validity of my statements. My bluntness may be a political mistake, which I regret thoroughly, as I should of found a more eloquent mode of elocution. The truth is, being offended is not an argument, as I could always say your face offends me, or your manner of dress.

Having a child at such a young age is entirely irresponsible. In response to the statement I am simply trying to impress, has it ever occurred to you that everyone's goal in life is to impress other people? From the action of brushing your teeth so your breath doesn't smell, to combing your hair in the morning, it is all designed to impress. The world is a stage, and we're all actors.

Abraham Lincoln was a well read man, and had much better grammar than the original poster. I seriously doubt your trying to compare the two.

Albert Einstein had an IQ believed to be around 160, and did do rather well in his life.

I wasn't talking about education, I was talking about the ability to make something with your life is seriously impinged on by having a child so young. Its irresponsible, stupid, and above all selfish. What kind of life could a 16 year old possibly give a child, without having to rely on her parents that she has already taken so much from? Why not wait until you can actually provide for the child?

oh, I see. you can't HAVE children, or have to use your formidable charm to get some woman to have children FOR you. No wonder you are just jealous!

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:51 pm

Welcome puppylove22 and congratulations on being a mum.

I wish I'd become a dad earlier in my life because I'd have had more patience then (I think) and more stamina.

But...

If it was too early, I'm not sure if I'd have been ready or not.

I don't think it matters what age you are when you have a baby so long as you know when to get help and you have someone to fall back on sometimes.

For the first 6 months, babies are really easy but as they get more active, you'll find yourself less and less able to do things that you want to do. Everyone deserves time-out, so if possible, get baby minded a bit and "go out" for a bit of relaxation.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:54 pm

Kalister, I have an IQ of 163, if that sort of thing is important to you. What I couldn't handle in high school wasn't the education, although classes proceeded at a pace so glacial as to wear on the patience of Job himself - it was the other people, my so-called "peers". Or has it somehow escaped you, despite my mentioning it in (it sometimes seems) every third post on WP, that until 1994, when I was already in my thirties, there was no such thing as Asperger's Syndrome in the United States? (That came with the publication of DSM-IV, in 1994; the first published criteria, in ICD-10, came in 1991, but were not widely recognized in the US.) I wasn't "an Aspie" in high school, or "an autistic" - I was "a weirdo", and treated as such. This treatment has not relegated me to the position of "simpleton" in my life.

Or are you deliberately trolling, trying to annoy as many people as possible by calling them names for not matching your absolutist standards?

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:56 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Kalister, I have an IQ of 163, if that sort of thing is important to you. What I couldn't handle in high school wasn't the education, although classes proceeded at a pace so glacial as to wear on the patience of Job himself - it was the other people, my so-called "peers". Or has it somehow escaped you, despite my mentioning it in (it sometimes seems) every third post on WP, that until 1994, when I was already in my thirties, there was no such thing as Asperger's Syndrome in the United States? (That came with the publication of DSM-IV, in 1994; the first published criteria, in ICD-10, came in 1991, but were not widely recognized in the US.) I wasn't "an Aspie" in high school, or "an autistic" - I was "a weirdo", and treated as such. This treatment has not relegated me to the position of "simpleton" in my life.

Or are you deliberately trolling, trying to annoy as many people as possible by calling them names for not matching your absolutist standards?

Oh please :roll: Thank you for missing the point, Einstein. It's entirely irresponsible to have children at such a young age, which is the main point. I wanted to put forth a counterpoint to the increasing acceptance of child birth at such a young age. Its occurred to be multiple times that having a child at her age could work, but time and again my delusion has been shattered. I have never seen a young mother be able to give the same quality of life to her child as someone a bit older.

I was not trolling, as I simply put forth my thoughts, on a public message board. Yes, I think there is a standard - the quality of life that one can give to a child.

Last edited by Kalister1 on 13 Apr 2008, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Apr 2008, 4:57 pm

Quoting Kalister:

Quote:
A blessing? This person will forever more be brought down by the child she brought into the world; she is doomed to be nothing more than a simpleton. She will never be able to go to college, at least not a university of any prestige. Statistically, her life will be far worse with the child than without.

Oy.

I have five blessings. The first came when I was seventeen. I had three by the time I was nineteen. They lifted me up. People with viewpoints like those quoted in the above post attempted to hold me down, but were unsuccessful. I went to college. I am not a simpleton. My life has been far better because of my five children. And by the way, I brush my teeth to prevent decay.

Puppylove, you go girl. God bless you and your baby. There are lots of people here who will be glad to offer you support and understanding. Don't pay attention to the negativity. It's worth what it's name indicates - nothing.

Last edited by cosmiccat on 13 Apr 2008, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 4:59 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
DeaconBlues wrote:

Oh please :roll: Thank you for missing the point, Einstein.

actually I think Deacon Blues is a little more on point than you are, Dr. Laura

Merle

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:06 pm

Kalister, you have stated, knowing nothing more about this girl than that she's 16 and has a 3-month-old child, that she will never be able to make anything of her life or that of her child. You assume she will be unable to graduate from high school; you assume that a) no "prestigious" university would touch her with a ten-meter cattle prod and b) without a degree from a "prestigious" university, she can never be anything more than a drone.

I advised you of three instances in which this proved not to be the case, and one prominent instance in which the schooling meant nothing. You, however, are apparently incapable of overcoming your own prejudices long enough to see that you can, indeed, be mistaken, and that you do not have sufficient information on which to judge this young girl and her future. You may make statements regarding what you believe her probable future to be, and escape criticism for that; however, you chose to issue a set of definite pronouncements, as if merely bearing a child at an early age had engraved her entire life in stone, with no possibility of change.

Rather, when confronted with facts, you choose to resort to argumentum ad hominem and non sequiter. This tells me that debating this issue (or pretty much any issue, really) with you is pointless - there can be no "debate" when one side is unwilling to justify his arguments.

On that note, good day, sir. I shall reserve my attention to this charming young lady who requires support, rather than to one whose primary interest seems to be tearing that support away.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:16 pm

I could say the same about your arguments.

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:27 pm

Welcome to the site :)

I'm sure being a young mom isn't easy, especially with AS, but I hope you can find some comfort here on the forum with us.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:43 pm

Kalister1 wrote:

to whom was that small and hobbled remark made, Kalister?

Merle

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:46 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:

to whom was that small and hobbled remark made, Kalister?

Merle

Not to you, sorry if that wasn't obvious. Reality is a non sequitur, but it been apparent throughout my life that children born to mothers that young do not get a quality of life that is sufficient. His use of ad hominems and non sequitur's makes his statements ironic, which did not warrant a response beyond a sentence.

Last edited by Kalister1 on 13 Apr 2008, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:46 pm

K dude, even if you think that, it's not correct to express it, specially IN FRONT of the people you're talking about...

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2008, 5:50 pm

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck to you and your child. :)

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:51 pm

computerlove wrote:
K dude, even if you think that, it's not correct to express it, specially IN FRONT of the people you're talking about...

Public forum, and I stand by it.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:55 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
computerlove wrote:

Public forum, and I stand by it.

WTF man!? She comes, she's new, needs help and support, and what do you do?!
F* you man...

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 5:55 pm

Apologize